That last try was not a try

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30PM Friday 16 September
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
tigerbenji

Re: That last try was not a try

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 2:26 pm

Try or no Try it was deemed to be a no so we just have to get on with life & get ready for next year.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 2:30 pm

innsaneink wrote:
mtd wrote: in the actual put down for which they awarded a try - im pretty sure he lost the ball, then grounded it..

they didn't show proper replays on #9/FOX of it - but the ball separates from the hand, hits the ground and then he places his hand on it...

for the biggest game in the year to date, to not check it, after all those 3+ minute decisions we sit through during the year - is laughable... its a semi final and they don't even take their time with it..
Dunno what youre on about but they did check it...all together, offside, the contest in the air, possible knock ons into other players, 1st attempted grounding, 2nd grounding, hands on the player
they didnt look at 2nd grounding close at all. it was one or 2 quick replay which indicated there was seperation from his hand, but they didnt go back to look at it closer.. during the year they look at stuff with a fine tooth comb, yet last night a few quick glances was sufficient.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 3:56 pm

magpiecol wrote:
All he had to do was put a finger on Inu and he could have placed the ball down all he liked but it would have been a double movement. We get a penalty and therefore the game. Could not imagine Slater or any of the other genuine fullbacks not getting a penalty out of that situation. Thank God he is going to St. George.
moot point or not, i think people are being a bit harsh on macdougall - he makes a salient point with regard to the ref blowing time off and this one ruling allowed the match winning try and ended the tigers season. i can understand his being upset.

this very point makes me understand why MOLTZEN (not lawrence) didn't just put a hand on Inu, so in light of this it is also a rough call on moltzen. as they say: play the whistle.

ps: at the time Moltzen gave me flashbacks of his namesake Brasher touching the ball off the kick off that was going out on the full. any other oldies still have nightmares about that?! :lol:

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 3:59 pm

tigerbenji wrote:Try or no Try it was deemed to be a no so we just have to get on with life & get ready for next year.
agree, and thats life. but people have been pretty rough on the OP who makes a valid point.

i will say i thought the reffing was pretty bad both ways last night. lots of conTRYversy...

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 4:00 pm

tigerlogic wrote:Magpie col ur a moron

Posted using RoarFEED
wouldn't be as blunt myself but that made me laugh... :lol:

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 4:35 pm

if you can't be bothered typing a reasoned response without name calling, don't bother posting.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 7:24 pm

It was a try, as painful as it was to watch. We played dumb in the second half and the loss of Gibbs so early in the match, was a huge loss.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 8:32 pm

My reason is this Dave.. Read everything he says, and that's my reason.
People blaming moltzen, get real, the try was fair, we stuffed up on last tackle of previous set! Anyone who thinks otherwise stop embarrassing urselves

Posted using RoarFEED

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 7:15 am

It's a fair point for some of the blame to go to Moltzen, but then Lote stuffed up as well, however we shouldn't have been in that position had Farah kicked the ball on the 5th rather than try to run it. Quite a few players could be held accountable for the loss.

The try is only fair if it was certain that no one had a hand on Inu and that the ref had not called time off. Both hard to tell initially.

It did remind me of last years debacle with the Roosters, yes we should have received a penalty in that scrum, however, Rhino, instead of falling on the ball, waited for the ref to blow the whistle. You'd think the players would have learned a bit from last year and not wait for the ref to blow his whistle but act quickly in case the wrong or even right call is made.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 11:10 am

Exactly Dave, comes back to the previous set, not enough urgency on last play, a queensland player would have stopped that try. But I'm not going to blame anyone, warriors deserved it with their second half, they were better on the night

Posted using RoarFEED

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 11:25 am

I watched it this morning, and the one thing i didn't understand is how it wasn't picked up that Krishan Inu Knocked on in the initial grab of the ball with Chris Lawrence.

Granted, Lawrence Knocked on as well, but Inu definitely got a hand to it, and it didn't go backwards - Inu falling forwards gave the impression of it going behind him.

Lote then knocks it back into Inu's hands - and that is where the play should stop.

Whats done it done now, but still, looked like a straightforward knock on for mind.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 2:50 pm

tigerlogic wrote:My reason is this Dave.. Read everything he says, and that's my reason.
People blaming moltzen, get real, the try was fair, we stuffed up on last tackle of previous set! Anyone who thinks otherwise stop embarrassing urselves

Posted using RoarFEED
Why am I a moron? Moltzen could have placed his hand on Inu and that would have been that. Farah should not have run the ball on the 5th. Lots of reasons for the try, which was ok by the way. However to say that Moltzen has nothing to answer for in the scoring of the try is just stupid.

Moltzen was always going to cost us big time in some game, however he picked the wrong game to prove me right.

He is not a fullback and never will be one. Has no idea of positional play required from a fullback and lacks the commitment to catch a ball. If he wants to know how it is done check out Beal last night.

I will bet you that he will not be the fullback at Saints next year. Halfback or like all of the other weststigers players purchased by St. George, reserve grade for him. Which I believe is his best position.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 12:02 pm

Definitely no try!!! Clearly obVious that Inu knocks it forward in the contest with Lawrence........its as clear as day.

Both commentators.....Smith and Alexander who i rate highly were both stunned.As am I.

Our season is over because of a CLEAR error!!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 12:03 pm

underdog wrote:I watched it this morning, and the one thing i didn't understand is how it wasn't picked up that Krishan Inu Knocked on in the initial grab of the ball with Chris Lawrence.

Granted, Lawrence Knocked on as well, but Inu definitely got a hand to it, and it didn't go backwards - Inu falling forwards gave the impression of it going behind him.

Lote then knocks it back into Inu's hands - and that is where the play should stop.

Whats done it done now, but still, looked like a straightforward knock on for mind.

bang on underdog!!!still shaking my head.....

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 12:50 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Definitely no try!!! Clearly obVious that Inu knocks it forward in the contest with Lawrence........its as clear as day.

Both commentators.....Smith and Alexander who i rate highly were both stunned.As am I.

Our season is over because we can't close out a game Simon. That much is clear.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 12:51 pm

Prob already been said but i dont care whether it was or wasnt. The game was ours and WE lost it. You could analyse a half dozen incidents that cost us the match. Its an 80 minute game, unforunatley we lost the plot after 60
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 1:25 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:Definitely no try!!! Clearly obVious that Inu knocks it forward in the contest with Lawrence........its as clear as day.

Our season is over because we can't close out a game Simon. That much is clear.

We did enough early to win the game......it was a semi against good opposition who had nothing to lose,esp in the second half where they completed 17/19 sets,a near flawless display.

We closed out nine in a row.it should have been ten.

alien

Post by alien » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 7:14 pm

it wasnt a try because he actually knocked on. the ball left his hand just before he was going to get the ball down