Tigers heartbreak

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30PM Friday 16 September
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
cunno

Re: Tigers heartbreak

Post by cunno » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:Both teams were hard done by I think at least 6 penalties given 4 to us 2 to the Warriors shouldn't of been given Hayne and Maxwell shouldn't even be be handling NSW cup games next weekend
And this is the scary point they are rated in the top 4 referees :bash
Agree with you Happy how these two blokes are amongst our top refs is a concern (and there have been posts in this vein over the year) and I'm refering generally not just last nights game. There is a real need to get some new refereeing blood in the ranks, put systems in place to coach and develop them, insist on consistency and quality in performance, make it a short term career option (like players) to encourage top athletes to take up the challenge. The influence of these blokes on the outcomes of games is minimal to enormous and therefore should attract plenty of resources and support.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:24 pm

cunno wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Both teams were hard done by I think at least 6 penalties given 4 to us 2 to the Warriors shouldn't of been given Hayne and Maxwell shouldn't even be be handling NSW cup games next weekend
Agree with you Happy how these two blokes are amongst our top refs is a concern (and there have been posts in this vein over the year) and I'm refering generally not just last nights game. There is a real need to get some new refereeing blood in the ranks, put systems in place to coach and develop them, insist on consistency and quality in performance, make it a short term career option (like players) to encourage top athletes to take up the challenge. The influence of these blokes on the outcomes of games is minimal to enormous and therefore should attract plenty of resources and support.
Totally agree Cunno I think there is a saying If you pay peanuts you will get monkeys
We have monkeys unfortunately and a fair few of them
Pay them more , offer them incentives for getting say 90% of the 50-50 calls right
I brought up in a thread earlier this year about this subject get the top refs to do 2 games a weekend also

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:27 pm

Truly devastated. I thought nothing could surpass the heartbreak of losing to Souths on the bell in extra time last year, but at least on that occasion we regrouped and there was 'next week' as it was a regular season game.

On this occasion we lose on the bell but we are gone. There's no 'next week'. Losing like that in a finals fixture is something a player, supporter or coach should not NEVER have to endure. It's extremely hurtful for me as a supporter, spare a thought for those who played :|
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 17 Sep, 2011 9:29 pm

happy tiger wrote:
cunno wrote:
Totally agree Cunno I think there is a saying If you pay peanuts you will get monkeys
We have monkeys unfortunately and a fair few of them
Pay them more , offer them incentives for getting say 90% of the 50-50 calls right
I brought up in a thread earlier this year about this subject get the top refs to do 2 games a weekend also
Monkeys I'm afraid, lancelot link comes to mind :)

mightymagpie

Post by mightymagpie » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 12:12 am

Wow. Totally gutted myself. Only just brought myself to read the forums. Hate sounding like sour grapes and blaming the refs but that game was ruined by them. The penalties awarded (to both teams) were a joke and had such a huge effect on the outcome of the game. And not even talking about the last try. Haven't watched any replay nor do I want to. Getting pinged late in the tackle count and seeing the Warriors get the ball and scoring was painful.
I don't think we played our best and probably missed Bryce being out there but I guess it's all history now. Footy season is over for 2011. Bring on 2012!

FootyJimmy

Post by FootyJimmy » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 7:22 pm

kill'em'all tigers wrote:footyjimmy! 13 posts and you're making the papers. well done.
Yeah, saw this thread on the Sky News website as well. I don't think my son is happy that I've publicised his tears at the game :lol: