One thing I never understand

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30PM Friday 16 September
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
The Shiraz Tiger

Re: One thing I never understand

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 11:02 am

One thing I have taught the young bloke (10) from day one is to respect the other team and their supporters. They want their team to win just as much as we want to. Even when the crowd boo as the opposition run out, he claps as they run on. Then when our team run out its raptuous standing ovation. Last year at the Dragons semi he was upset at the way we lost only to have their supporters screaming in his face and giving it to him. I also don't understand rubbing it in to the losing supporters.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 11:42 am

I was disgusted on Friday night when the Tigers fans started booing and chanting over the Warriors fans doing the Haka.

That flagrantly disrespected the opposition supporters and none more so than our own five-eighth, who is Maori and the captain of the New Zealand team.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 9:47 pm

I chanted over the Haka. I thought it ws totally inappropriate to perform it OUR home game, and wanted to show MY team support at OUR home ground.

alien

Post by alien » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 9:53 pm

LethalGurlie wrote:lol alien what supporters don't you give it to...
well i definitely dont go overboard like some fans i see at the game do. i think the only time i went overboard is when we played st. george illawarra in the semis in 2005

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 9:56 pm

Suzie-Q wrote:I chanted over the Haka. I thought it ws totally inappropriate to perform it OUR home game, and wanted to show MY team support at OUR home ground.
I respect your decision to do that, I just didn't think it was right to do it while they were doing the Haka. I find it to be a mesmerising and truly fantastic event, and all I could hear were boos and faint Tigers chants. I felt it wasn't appropriate (I'm not Kiwi either.)

But of course, I respectfully agree to disagree. No hard feelings whatsoever!
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:06 pm

Suzie-Q wrote:I chanted over the Haka. I thought it ws totally inappropriate to perform it OUR home game, and wanted to show MY team support at OUR home ground.
This may be the only time we disagree Suzie But I agree they (the warriors fans) should not of done it
But the fans that booed should not have done it either
What are we always trying to teach our kids "Two wrongs don't make a right"
Agree with Bogan that as Benji as a Maori and NZ skipper it was disrespectful to him
I wonder what Benji made of it all actually

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 11:49 pm

I didnt boo the Haka...but I found it utterly ridiculous that a small section of the crowd was allowed to hold the whole stadium to ransom to perform it. Its not a national team, we were not at an international event....it was just stupid.

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 11:52 pm

I thought it wasn't needed either. Especially considering that slot of the Warriors side

Posted using RoarFEED

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 11:53 pm

Disregard that last post. I went to go back to the thread but accidentally hit 'submit'.

Posted using RoarFEED

rossop

Post by rossop » Tue 20 Sep, 2011 10:37 am

stryker wrote:I didnt boo the Haka...but I found it utterly ridiculous that a small section of the crowd was allowed to hold the whole stadium to ransom to perform it. Its not a national team, we were not at an international event....it was just stupid.
Fully agree. Cannot see why it was performed at our home game. Also the report of $10 tickets for the Kiwi supporters would also seem out of place at a Tigers home game.
That said, I dont think it made any difference to the outcome.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 20 Sep, 2011 11:18 am

I always give it to the opposition players and will happily chant over anything except a national anthem, but I never harrass other supporters, coz like Shiraz Tiger said, they are just punters like us.

I can never stand mates who send texts after a loss to bag you out. Have some respect that the loss itself is probably enough punishment.

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Tue 20 Sep, 2011 3:25 pm

happy tiger wrote:
This may be the only time we disagree Suzie But I agree they (the warriors fans) should not of done it
But the fans that booed should not have done it either
What are we always trying to teach our kids "Two wrongs don't make a right"
Agree with Bogan that as Benji as a Maori and NZ skipper it was disrespectful to him
I wonder what Benji made of it all actually
I didn't boo, I chanted "TIGERS!" in the hope that my young son would always back his team on their turf. It was ridiculous that they performed it anyway. As has been said already, it wasn't an international game, and how many of the Warriors team are Aussies anyway? Stupid idea, imo.

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Tue 20 Sep, 2011 3:26 pm

rossop wrote:
stryker wrote:I didnt boo the Haka...but I found it utterly ridiculous that a small section of the crowd was allowed to hold the whole stadium to ransom to perform it. Its not a national team, we were not at an international event....it was just stupid.
Fully agree. Cannot see why it was performed at our home game. Also the report of $10 tickets for the Kiwi supporters would also seem out of place at a Tigers home game.
That said, I dont think it made any difference to the outcome.
100% agree!

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Tue 20 Sep, 2011 4:05 pm

I agree with Suzie.It was our home game and whoever was responsible for letting any Kiwi in for TIN dollars if they showed a New Zealand passport had to kidding themselves.What about my mate who took himself and three kids under 10 and paid 175.00 to get in .RENT A CROWD .Probably would not have worried me if we won ,lol.