Dealing with the loss- total media blackout

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30PM Friday 16 September
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
Team Tiger

Dealing with the loss- total media blackout

Post by Team Tiger » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 7:59 am

Since Friday night I have not subjected myself to any media reports about the game.

I haven't watched a news report. I haven't picked up a newspaper. In the car I only listen to CDs to ensure I don't catch a sports update. I didn't watch last night's game in case they mentioned the Tigers/Warriors game. World War III could have broken out and I wouldn't know about it!

The only place I come for news is here - to commiserate with the Tiger Brotherhood...

Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 8:15 am

TT we all deal with losing in our own way, like you and everyone else I have spoken to, the word 'gutted' just about sums it up. I haven't been able to watch the replay yet but I will, what's done is done, have to move on as nothing will change the result. The coach and captain, whilst obviously very disappointed in the press conference, said as much, time to look forward as hard as it can be.

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 8:54 am

Thanks, Cunno.

And I will look forward in time. Actually, I've already started to. I keep in mind too, that no matter how upset or hurt we are, it is more than matched by the pain being felt by the players.

This year the boys were driven by the hurt of the 1 point loss to the eventual premiers. Next year I think the drive will be even more pronounced as they know they let this one get away. I think they will learn an enormous amount from Friday night.

But for the next little while, this forum is the only place I'll read or watch footy... thanks for understanding.
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 8:59 am

I block all media out except this forum after every loss. Whenever we lose i cant watch the replay, cant watch the footy show, cant listen to idiots on the radio..........i just shut it out.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 9:19 am

All I can say now is thank God for the NFL and college football here. At the moment it's Wests who?

kill'em'all tigers

Post by kill'em'all tigers » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 9:41 am

as cunno said we do all deal with it in our own way but if you can face the fear, feel the pain and accept it for what it is, just an emotional reaction to your own thought process, you'll hopefully be able to feel much better. If you can can change your thoughts (which you can) you'll get a different reaction. holding the fear deep in the dark depths of your mind can be far worse than exposing them to the light of the day. :)

hang in there brother we are all with you.

lifeline 13 11 14 (just in case) :)

balmainbenny

Post by balmainbenny » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 9:49 am

Yep, as far as this tiger tragic is concerned rugby league died on friday night, At least this season has anyway, Yep i will certainly be down in the dumps for a while, though early next year I will be chomping at the bit all fired up for another season, You know its allways good to talk to other people who know exactly how one feels. ps Hope the donkeys dont win the prize.

Craig_D

Post by Craig_D » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 9:53 am

I'm already looking forward to next year.. So much so that I actually watched Eastwood in the rugby chute shield yesterday just so I could watch John grant play.. Boy, isn't he quick, and backed up at the right times too.. With young players like him coming in, we are looking and moving in the right direction.. Yes, I'm still devastated at the loss, but there is most certainly light at the end of the tunnel...
I'm already excited for 2012, can't wait for the memberships to go on sale, and can't wait for that 1st whistle of the 2012 season..
GO THE TIGERS!!!

Posted using RoarFEED

Icon

Post by Icon » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 9:59 am

Rudyard Kipling said it best:

if you can dream
and not make dreams your master
if you can think
and not make thoughts your aim
if you can meet triumph and disaster
and treat those two imposters just the same

kill'em'all tigers

Post by kill'em'all tigers » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 10:27 am

Icon wrote:Rudyard Kipling said it best:

if you can dream
if you can think
you'll be better my son ? or something like that

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 10:38 am

After the game I sat there for an hour numb the experience exhausting hoping it was a dream. I could see the expression in the faces of the supporters and players they all told a similar story. I have no issue that we lost it is part and parcel of the game but I was disappointed for one reason and one reason alone. At fulltime before the players walked off that field exhausted and hurting they needed to thank their supporters go over and give them a clap or a wave, they may have found that they were not alone and their loyal supporters would have embraced them in a time of need and would have given us all a little bit more closure, the captain needs to ensure that happens............

A sad way to go out of the finals but not a way to show passion and spirit to the supporters

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 12:01 pm

I noticed the same T05....it wasnt a very good thing to do....but ofcourse they wouldve been hurting more then us

Posted using RoarFEED
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 12:30 pm

I know how you all feel, Ihave to go out for dinner to-night with some dogs & eels fans not supporters as this mob only follow there teams when they win. My wife has made me promise that i dont biff these idiots to-night if they stir me up to much, but must admit i had my fingers crossed when i promised her i wouldnt biff them if they upset me.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 2:02 pm

I deal with it by going out with non footy fans and when I'm at home ill watch other sports. This is where cricket comes in handy at this time of year.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 2:07 pm

kill'em'all tigers wrote:

if you can dream
if you can think

Close. The final line is 'And which is more - You'll be a man my son'
From the great poem "IF...'.

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 3:29 pm

With 5 mins to go I left the room and went into my shed hoping to come back and hear my wife yelling for joy that we had survived the Warriors late charge, I came in just in time to see her watching the replay of the Warriors try and awaiting the video ref decision, and then it went up "TRY" and I was gutted. I have still not replayed those final 5 mins to see what I missed. Today I tuned into the Sunday Footy Show and put myself through the post mortem, and it was something that Sterlo said that put it all into context. He said that with the Tigers what got them to the finals also can crucify them in the finals, and yes we took the wrong options with 5 to go but thats how we also won 9 straight by daring to believe we could go all the way with many of those "bad" options proving match winners during the charge to the finals. Yes it did not pay off on Friday , but next year if we can manage to control this style of play and with Bengji, Robbie F & Robbie L another year older and more mature, I am looking forward to big things and will now put this season to bed with a lot of fond memories. Can't wait for 2012 now..... :)

Long Distance Tiger

Post by Long Distance Tiger » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 5:16 pm

I think I'm more shattered this year than last year. It was certainly the game that got away. I guess I can take comfort from the fact that my saints supporter hubby is feeling as bad as me (isn't karma a b****). We all need to look forward - 2012 should be a very exciting year for the tigers

Posted using RoarFEED

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 5:26 pm

NJLM78 wrote:
kill'em'all tigers wrote:

if you can dream
if you can think

Close. The final line is 'And which is more - You'll be a man my son'
From the great poem "IF...'.
My old man gave me a small poster of that when I was a kid, I gave it to my son...its on his wall.