Dealing with the loss- total media blackout

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30PM Friday 16 September
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
happy tiger

Re: Dealing with the loss- total media blackout

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 5:27 pm

cunno wrote:TT we all deal with losing in our own way, like you and everyone else I have spoken to, the word 'gutted' just about sums it up. I haven't been able to watch the replay yet but I will, what's done is done, have to move on as nothing will change the result. The coach and captain, whilst obviously very disappointed in the press conference, said as much, time to look forward as hard as it can be.
I know this might be taking it too far but it almost felt as bad as losing a friend or family member
Can't get rid of the pain

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 6:38 pm

happy tiger wrote:
cunno wrote:TT we all deal with losing in our own way, like you and everyone else I have spoken to, the word 'gutted' just about sums it up. I haven't been able to watch the replay yet but I will, what's done is done, have to move on as nothing will change the result. The coach and captain, whilst obviously very disappointed in the press conference, said as much, time to look forward as hard as it can be.
I know this might be taking it too far but it almost felt as bad as losing a friend or family member
Can't get rid of the pain
I know Happy it's tough. Imagine how the players and coaches feel.

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 7:39 pm

Reading all this is making me cry! I am not afraid to admit it....

what really upset me today, when the footy show scanned our change rooms for a brief moment and I am pretty sure Chris Lawrence was crying, made me very sad :bawling
Last edited by Mothermagpie on Sun 18 Sep, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 7:41 pm

Mothermagpie wrote:Reading all this is making me cry! I am not afraid to admit it....

what really upset me today, when the footy showed scanned our change rooms for a brief moment and I am pretty sure Chris Lawrence was crying, made me very sad :bawling
Yeah i noticed that.....I too feel a slight sense of depression...kicking in not long ago.

Will miss our boys playing, andf the whole NRL comp bigtime for a few months

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 7:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mothermagpie wrote:Reading all this is making me cry! I am not afraid to admit it....

what really upset me today, when the footy show scanned our change rooms for a brief moment and I am pretty sure Chris Lawrence was crying, made me very sad :bawling
Yeah i noticed that.....I too feel a slight sense of depression...kicking in not long ago.

Will miss our boys playing, andf the whole NRL comp bigtime for a few months

Read Benji's letter ink...that helps a little bit!!

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 8:14 pm

I agree TT. This is the 1st foray back online. I didn't even watch the other semi.

Tommorow will be hard as I wore my Tigers jersey at work on Friday...

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 10:06 pm

Spartan117 wrote:I agree TT. This is the 1st foray back online. I didn't even watch the other semi.

Wear it again tomorrow!! :D

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 10:23 pm

Spartan117 wrote:I agree TT. This is the 1st foray back online. I didn't even watch the other semi.

I didn't watch it either - just don't care anymore. I'm thoroughly done for the year.

hate all the teams left in it - even the warriors. If I had to pick a team i'd say Melbourne - just to stick it up the NRL and Gallop.

180 days to go. the count starts now.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 10:31 am

tigers05 wrote:...I was disappointed for one reason and one reason alone. At fulltime before the players walked off that field exhausted and hurting they needed to thank their supporters go over and give them a clap or a wave, they may have found that they were not alone and their loyal supporters would have embraced them in a time of need and would have given us all a little bit more closure, the captain needs to ensure that happens............
A sad way to go out of the finals but not a way to show passion and spirit to the supporters
I totally agree '05. There were kids crying in the supporters bays that would have loved a wave from their heroes. I imagine there were plenty of season ticket holders that have been to every Sydney game in the stands that I think deserved a quick wave.

So talking about players dealing with the loss, would it have been too much to ask that they didn't turn their backs on the supporters bays and just wander off? All it would have taken was even a quick wave to thank their peeps! They would have got a lot of support and perhaps that may have lessened their pain?

I've read comments from senior players and they mostly talk about their team mates, with only scant mention of their fans. On the other hand I've noticed over the years that Lockyer for instance always makes a big deal of thanking fans at every opportunity.

Am I being too tough??