Next Seasons Jersey Maker

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
innsaneink

Re: Next Seasons Jersey Maker

Post by innsaneink » Fri 02 Dec, 2011 5:33 pm

KingOvKingz09 wrote:Castleford tigers LOL

Posted using RoarFEED
Great post!

TigersFan4Life

Post by TigersFan4Life » Thu 08 Dec, 2011 11:21 am

The jerseys these days are designed to fit as tightly on the players as possible, to make it more difficult for the opposition to grab them.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Thu 08 Dec, 2011 11:24 am

KingOvKingz09 wrote:maybe tigers should get Puma to sponsor them...
Yeah you would think given the "big cat" synergies it would be a good move from Puma.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Thu 08 Dec, 2011 12:48 pm

Have got one of these training jumpers & think they look great.

AJ*

Post by AJ* » Mon 12 Dec, 2011 9:35 pm

New Gym shirt

Also, Eye of the Tiger jersey seems to have had the sleeves altered on the final jersey

TIGERDAVIS

Post by TIGERDAVIS » Tue 10 Jan, 2012 3:25 pm

Went out to Concord today and it is confirmed that we will be sticking with the same jerseys for 2012...... 54 more days!!!

Posted using RoarFEED
GO THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS!!

Ready to roar like never before. Bring on 2012!

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 10:31 pm

Why are the sleeves on the Eye of the Tiger jersey, black and grey ? would have it not made more sense for them to be black and white ???
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 9:00 am

Balmain Bug wrote:Why are the sleeves on the Eye of the Tiger jersey, black and grey ? would have it not made more sense for them to be black and white ???
This jersey should never have got off the ground.
Black , Gold , White , Grey , Yellow with a touch of the sonsors Red thrown in....
WestsTigers colours?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 9:03 am

Balmain Bug wrote:Why are the sleeves on the Eye of the Tiger jersey, black and grey ? would have it not made more sense for them to be black and white ???
FFS... There's no pleasing some.

They probably could not achieve the tiger print using black and white.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 9:04 am

cktiger wrote:
Black , Gold , White , Grey , Yellow with a touch of the sonsors Red thrown in....
WestsTigers colours?
I have the jersey CK, and I have to say I really like it.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 10:41 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
cktiger wrote:
WestsTigers colours?
I have the jersey CK, and I have to say I really like it.
To be honest CB , I don't mind the look of it - just the use of colours non existent to our club.
Then again when you see what other clubs trot out in (especially away jerseys) maybe I'm being too pedantic :)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 8:34 pm

But then you also see some clubs - very few nowadays...that dont mess with logos or colours, as it should be.

Your colours & logo are much like your name - its the clubs identity and clubs using non club colours are only caving in to designers of merch that have run out of new ideas or will go to any lengths to make a buck

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 9:16 pm

innsaneink wrote:But then you also see some clubs - very few nowadays...that dont mess with logos or colours, as it should be.

Your colours & logo are much like your name - its the clubs identity and clubs using non club colours are only caving in to designers of merch that have run out of new ideas or will go to any lengths to make a buck
While I don't necessarily dislike the Eye of the Tiger jersey I agree.

We have the best three colours and the best mascot in the league and I would recommend that we drive that image as hard as possible.

Also, and without opening up another Wests v Balmain thing - but given we are already a "combination" of colours we should try and keep it all simple imo.

And I wonder if this very different style has translated to more sales than just an awesome training shirt/trial jersey using our normal three colours?

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 10:25 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:

Dont be silly CB, of course they can, they can do anything with the jerseys. Black and white shoulders would be too much for Humphreys as the ' Balmain people wont accept it ' as he says.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 10:27 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Dont be silly CB, of course they can, they can do anything with the jerseys. Black and white shoulders would be too much for Humphreys as the ' Balmain people wont accept it ' as he says.
Black and white tiger print would not work. Our white jersey had a light shade of grey to reflect the tiger print. Would you have been happy with black? It would have looked hideous.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 11:22 am

It would have looked like a Zebra instead of a Tiger ? Yeah I agree, but it seems the powers at be do anything to avoid a black and white dominate jersey. ANYTHING !!! They bring out a Yellow jersey having the nerve to say its the 'Eye of the Tiger' jersey colour !! What a crock of rubbish !!! How about a 'Colour of the magpie' jersey which is Black white with Orange trim. Instead of Yellow, Orange, Black, Grey and white. What a crock !!!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 11:55 am

Every complains there's not enough white on the apparel, so the club releases a predominantly white jersey and the same people still complain.

FFS... WT can't catch a break...

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 1:47 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Every complains there's not enough white on the apparel, so the club releases a predominantly white jersey and the same people still complain.

FFS... WT can't catch a break...
CB,
All merchandise is predominately Black and Orange, most of which has no white at all. Dont confuse the words 'Apparel" with "Merchandise' and 'Jerseys'.

The jersey's aside, the merchandise is incorrect as it has the Balmain colours, not the Wests Tigers colours.

We have a white jersey because the players wanted one and the main jersey is basically a Balmain jersey. (Orange jersey, black V, Black shorts)

Go to any NRL licensed dealer and all merchandise is Black and Orange with no (or very little) white in sight. Stephen Humphreys can change this, but he wont. I rang a manufacturer of merchanise in Sydney and asked them, I rang Wests Tigers and I asked them and I rang the NRL and I asked them why and they were all blaming each other for the ommisson of the white.

To go on a statement made nearly 12 months ago by Stephen Humphreys that we are trying to get away from the Balmain / Magpies image and forge our own identity, I have emails, from 3 different manufacturers of merchandise (two of which are in China) stating that the colours of merchandise should be Black and Orange. One of the emails actually stipulates Black and Orange only and that was sent in October 2011 !!!!!!!!

So someone is instructing the people who make the merchandise that it is Black and Orange ONLY !!!!!! But no one has the ticker to admit it.

It is an utter disgrace.