Next Seasons Jersey Maker

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
innsaneink

Re: Next Seasons Jersey Maker

Post by innsaneink » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 1:51 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Every complains there's not enough white on the apparel, so the club releases a predominantly white jersey and the same people still complain.

FFS... WT can't catch a break...
No....its only when there's no white at all....and the object then becomes a black & orange balmain something
This happens often.
Orange is never omitted
3 colours...its not hard

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 2:05 pm

. . . . . and further to this, if Stephen Humphreys wants Wests Tigers to have their own identity, instead of minimising the white, why does he not minimise the black, and have the Orange and White dominate the jerseys and merchandise (as black is common to both Wests and Balmain)

Can anyone answer that ??
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 2:35 pm

Will someone get the old magpies fan a tissue. Its about time they realise we are the WESTS TIGERS. That is our identity, neither side of the merger has been forgotten or tossed aside.

However out mascot is the Tiger. This is why we use the colours of the tiger. The future of the club is the younger generation..always will be. Kids dont care about the old Magpie Balmain biffs..they just want to support the Wests Tigers

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 2:40 pm

Good point bug. If Orange and White were used as the predominante colours there would be a whole lot less squabbling

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 4:23 pm

Maybe its because orange and black make a much better colour combination. Exactly what % of white would stop this constantly whining about things? 12 years on and you're still worried about the lack of white, the size of the magpie. I'm thinking of starting a campaign to get the Balmain Tiger as the logo (not the replacement Wests Tigers one) just so I can be part of an anachronistic complaint about fairness that 99% of WT fans couldn't care less about.

Fair dinkum - I'm ranting I know but nearly every forum these days is filled with complaints about how the Magpies are being short changed.

Less squabbling? One can only hope but you guys will just move on to the next thing...

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 4:39 pm

Gee Yoss it must be the offseason.lol
Bring on the football,ive had enough of the Balmain v Wests BS

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 5:05 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Every complains there's not enough white on the apparel, so the club releases a predominantly white jersey and the same people still complain.

FFS... WT can't catch a break...
CB,
All merchandise is predominately Black and Orange, most of which has no white at all. Dont confuse the words 'Apparel" with "Merchandise' and 'Jerseys'.

The jersey's aside, the merchandise is incorrect as it has the Balmain colours, not the Wests Tigers colours.

We have a white jersey because the players wanted one and the main jersey is basically a Balmain jersey. (Orange jersey, black V, Black shorts)

Go to any NRL licensed dealer and all merchandise is Black and Orange with no (or very little) white in sight. Stephen Humphreys can change this, but he wont. I rang a manufacturer of merchanise in Sydney and asked them, I rang Wests Tigers and I asked them and I rang the NRL and I asked them why and they were all blaming each other for the ommisson of the white.

To go on a statement made nearly 12 months ago by Stephen Humphreys that we are trying to get away from the Balmain / Magpies image and forge our own identity, I have emails, from 3 different manufacturers of merchandise (two of which are in China) stating that the colours of merchandise should be Black and Orange. One of the emails actually stipulates Black and Orange only and that was sent in October 2011 !!!!!!!!

So someone is instructing the people who make the merchandise that it is Black and Orange ONLY !!!!!! But no one has the ticker to admit it.

It is an utter disgrace.
Thanks for the remedial English lesson Bug, I'll return the favour by pointing out that the word "all" isn't the same as "most."

There have been white polo shirts and predominantly white jerseys. To claim that all merchandise/apparel is predominantly black and gold is farcical.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 5:09 pm

This isn't a Wests v Balmain thing. To me this is a WT thing. Everyone talks about how they don't care about Wests and Balmain anymore they just care about WT and want them to branch out on their own. Well why not start with the colours, namely Orange and White. All i'm doing is putting forward a suggestion on how WT can move forward instead of hanging onto the past

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 5:47 pm

Good grief - the great Chinese email scandal of 2011! Maybe the material was white to start with and so they only need to be notified of what colours were needed to print. But by all means BB, push on for that royal commission or better yet, start a petition at the games on the lack of white and see what the response is.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 6:13 pm

I certainly think there is a push towards Orange - it's our only unique color and for psyching up the players, it must be a lot better to see a swathe of orange from the stands. I'm all for that push

As far as Black/White. Who honestly gives a fig.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 6:40 pm

Yossarian wrote:Maybe its because orange and black make a much better colour combination.
In your opinion.
Exactly what % of white would stop this constantly whining about things?
Any amount or % of white would do on the items that are Balmain coloured ie: black & gold.
White is a colour.
12 years on and you're still worried about the lack of white, the size of the magpie. I'm thinking of starting a campaign to get the Balmain Tiger as the logo (not the replacement Wests Tigers one) just so I can be part of an anachronistic complaint about fairness that 99% of WT fans couldn't care less about.

Fair dinkum - I'm ranting I know but nearly every forum these days is filled with complaints about how the Magpies are being short changed.

Less squabbling? One can only hope but you guys will just move on to the next thing...
Imagine if they dropped the orange in a few things....it would be magpies merchandise.
Speak for yourself yoss....not 99% of fans

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 7:27 pm

Seriously Ink - I respect your opinion a great deal but I really don't think the average fan gives a fig about the colour combination on jumpers. The only people who care are a very small subset of former Magpies fans.

Sure it's my opinion but I think if you ask around most people would say orange/black is a more pleasant colour combination than orange/white. To be perfectly honest I really don't care. Orange is a colour unique to the WT which is why it features prominently.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 8:18 pm

Yeah we need to get out of this Balmain/Magpies thing - we are the WT's, look to the future not the past please.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 8:23 pm

helmesy wrote:Yeah we need to get out of this Balmain/Magpies thing - we are the WT's, look to the future not the past please.
And i reckon a jersey that was predominantely Orange and White would be a step forward. I realy don't understand how that can be labelled a Wests v Balmain thing to want to have those two colours as our main ones. People say that want to look to the future, but the majoirty of them don't put forward any ideas of how we can achieve that by WT having their own identity

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 9:57 pm

I just want our three colours on all our stuff

Black & white = Magpies
Black & orange = BRET
Black white & orange = Wests Tigers - thats my team

Unfortunately they often leave one colour out which makes it another clubs colours...that irks me.
I dont care if the average fan gives a fig or not...Im iust speaking for me.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 10:50 pm

Yeah for sure lets use the three colours -Gold, White and Black, these are the WT's colours.

Personally I would scrap the heritage jerseys and just come up with a design similar to our original design that had elements of Balmain and Wests but was also uniquely WT's.

It should be pretty easy to incorporate these colours into any jersey or other merchandise.

Gotoddy

Post by Gotoddy » Sun 22 Jan, 2012 8:06 am

How about you guys wanting more white on the merchandise/apparel buy the ladies only option for a jacket? The only WT colour on that jacket is white......the rest is pink. So I wouldn't be whinging too much about the colours if I was a man. Try putting up with the limited apparel options for the women, and then when we do get some additional options, I swear some of those styles are actually just men's styles and they put ladies sizes on them.

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Sun 22 Jan, 2012 10:05 am

helmesy wrote:Yeah we need to get out of this Balmain/Magpies thing - we are the WT's, look to the future not the past please.
Agree 100% Helmesy,
We desperately need to get over it and move forward. After the 2005 GF win we should have become one united side, but as it is here we today still arguing about the same old s***.
Unfortunately the Balmain/magpies thing will never pass while we have a few Magpie fans complaining about being hard done by in the JV, and a few old Balmain fans constantly coming out with cheap shots, trying to instigate an arguement.
In hindsight this would have been avoided if we had gone with a totally new name and mascot along with a set of new neutral team colors, but that would have been a near impossible task.