Rumours

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18137
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Re: Rumours

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 26 Jan, 2012 10:54 am

willow wrote:
Tiger99 wrote:Lote had a clot in his arm but it is going fine and as long as his fit will be ready to play the trials.
Is he taking Woolfren for that? Hopefully he's good to go for round 1, would really love to see him back in full flight this year.
If he's clotting Willow, he'd definitely be on Warfarin. He'd just want to make sure he doesn't get knocked about too much. Causes some painful bruising.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...


king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Thu 26 Jan, 2012 11:52 am

After spending most of last year injured itd a disaster to have such a crap off season. May take Lote a fair time to hit any decent form
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

T-REXX
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:59 pm
Location: Gosford
Contact:

Post by T-REXX » Thu 26 Jan, 2012 12:17 pm

cunno wrote:All the best to Lote for a speedy recovery. If he is out, what about Tedesco on the wing?
i think Tedesco will be blooded in slowly.. dont expect to much time on the field this year

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1621
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Sat 28 Jan, 2012 6:50 pm

Come on guys - it's been days since we had any juicy rumours.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41141
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 28 Jan, 2012 7:57 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
willow wrote:
Tiger99 wrote:Lote had a clot in his arm but it is going fine and as long as his fit will be ready to play the trials.
Is he taking Woolfren for that? Hopefully he's good to go for round 1, would really love to see him back in full flight this year.
If he's clotting Willow, he'd definitely be on Warfarin. He'd just want to make sure he doesn't get knocked about too much. Causes some painful bruising.
That Warfarin is nasty stuff Sure don't want to be on it for too longThey won't let him play until the clot reaches a level where it is small enought to play in case the clot dislodges That would be very bad

In my case what was suppose to be a 10 week recovery from an ACL became a 23 week nightmare before I was able to return to physical work


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18137
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 28 Jan, 2012 8:20 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
willow wrote:
Tiger99 wrote:Lote had a clot in his arm but it is going fine and as long as his fit will be ready to play the trials.
Is he taking Woolfren for that? Hopefully he's good to go for round 1, would really love to see him back in full flight this year.
If he's clotting Willow, he'd definitely be on Warfarin. He'd just want to make sure he doesn't get knocked about too much. Causes some painful bruising.
That Warfarin is nasty stuff Sure don't want to be on it for too longThey won't let him play until the clot reaches a level where it is small enought to play in case the clot dislodges That would be very bad

In my case what was suppose to be a 10 week recovery from an ACL became a 23 week nightmare before I was able to return to physical work
I take Warfarin every day. If I cut myself I bleed like a stuck pig. Not life threatening if I cut a finger or graze a limb, but if I ever sever a main artery I'm in big trouble. Hurts playing any contact sport as well, bruise up way too easily and takes forever to go heal.

But getting back to topic, hopefully Lote is on it to assist the breakdown of the clot and not too high a dosage to cause dramas with contact training.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

benji#6
Member
Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun 16 Oct, 2011 8:11 am

Post by benji#6 » Mon 30 Jan, 2012 7:56 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:My rumour is Lote has major problems with his wrist/arm.

I hope its not career ending.
This is true guys. No Lote at the coaching clinic at Bowral today. Looking at a round 3 return at best. This was from a current 1st grade player today. Looking at Reddy or Utai to take his place.

But totally forgot to ask him about the Mason rumour. Sorry...

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 30 Jan, 2012 9:31 pm

Its OK to say which current NRL player

They are allowed to talk to people

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5935
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: London

Post by Kul » Tue 31 Jan, 2012 5:16 pm

yup, Round 3
Could play earlier but won't

source: horse's mouth
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

benji#6
Member
Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun 16 Oct, 2011 8:11 am

Post by benji#6 » Tue 31 Jan, 2012 7:13 pm

innsaneink wrote:Its OK to say which current NRL player

They are allowed to talk to people
Now would that be wise innsaneink? Would that be something you would do? Obviously the answer is yes. But its not something I would do. Do you really think if I asked further questions I would get anymore info? My answer to that is no.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22666
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 31 Jan, 2012 7:20 pm

benji#6 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Its OK to say which current NRL player

They are allowed to talk to people
Now would that be wise innsaneink? Would that be something you would do? Obviously the answer is yes. But its not something I would do. Do you really think if I asked further questions I would get anymore info? My answer to that is no.
I think what Ink was saying is that the topic of when Lote will return isn't the kind of topic that needs to remain hush hush in regards to who you get info from about it. It realy is no big deal. Don't see why you think it is

benji#6
Member
Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun 16 Oct, 2011 8:11 am

Post by benji#6 » Tue 31 Jan, 2012 7:40 pm

I dont think it is a big deal either but there are others who have more regular contact with players than what I do but their sources are not revealed. All I was doing was passing on info to fellow forumers. So I told you all when Lote is going to return but Im not going to say who told me.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 31 Jan, 2012 8:37 pm

LOL....its all so mysterious

I just thought you were itching for someone to ask you who you talked to, after all youve mentioned about 4 or 5 times you were talking to a player.
Its OK....your secret shall remain just that.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22666
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 31 Jan, 2012 9:57 pm

benji#6 wrote:I dont think it is a big deal either but there are others who have more regular contact with players than what I do but their sources are not revealed. All I was doing was passing on info to fellow forumers. So I told you all when Lote is going to return but Im not going to say who told me.

lol theres a difference between having a source who gives you regular inside info and getting harmless info while having a small chat with a player at a training clinic. I guess by not naming the player you think its going to make you look good by giving the forum info from a 'mystery' player :roll:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41141
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 31 Jan, 2012 10:05 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
benji#6 wrote:I dont think it is a big deal either but there are others who have more regular contact with players than what I do but their sources are not revealed. All I was doing was passing on info to fellow forumers. So I told you all when Lote is going to return but Im not going to say who told me.

lol theres a difference between having a source who gives you regular inside info and getting harmless info while having a small chat with a player at a training clinic. I guess by not naming the player you think its going to make you look good by giving the forum info from a 'mystery' player :roll:
Benji#6 Mate do want you want to do Don't let anyone pressure you into doing what you think is not right

Stick by your values mate Your the one that needs to live by them ;)

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Tue 31 Jan, 2012 10:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
benji#6 wrote:I dont think it is a big deal either but there are others who have more regular contact with players than what I do but their sources are not revealed. All I was doing was passing on info to fellow forumers. So I told you all when Lote is going to return but Im not going to say who told me.

lol theres a difference between having a source who gives you regular inside info and getting harmless info while having a small chat with a player at a training clinic. I guess by not naming the player you think its going to make you look good by giving the forum info from a 'mystery' player :roll:
I think its more a case of being our of respect for and not wanting the player to get in any form of trouble as opposed to big-noting himself here GNR4LIFE.

We've had/have our fair share of big noters on here, and I honestly don't think benji#6 is one of them - as its not a case of 95% of his posts being cryptic "insider" information...
Image

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22666
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 31 Jan, 2012 10:14 pm

Happy wanting to know who the player isn't the point. I realy couldn't care less tbh. Its the fact that he thinks that the piece of info he received warrents some cloud of mystery surrounding who gave it to him. Seriously, who cares? If he told us the player told us it was going to rain tomorrow, he probably wouldn't wanna reveal his source on that either

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33098
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 31 Jan, 2012 10:56 pm

Back on topic thanks.

Post Reply