Wests Tigers installed as Premiership favourites

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
Luke

2012 Odds

Post by Luke » Fri 04 Nov, 2011 3:29 pm

Manly $7.00
Wests Tigers $8.00
Melbourne $9.00
Warriors $9.00
Brisbane $11.00
Newcastle $11.00
Bulldogs $15.00
Parramatta $15.00
South Sydney $15.00
St George Illawarra $15.00
North Queensland $17.00
Cronulla $21.00
Sydney Roosters $21.00
Canberra $26.00
Penrith $26.00
Gold Coast $34.00

Surprised we're second favourites considering the uncertainties around who is going to play fullback and halfback (assuming we sack Lui). However, in saying that we have one strongest squads going around, especially in terms of depth. I think our forward pack next year will be one of the best now that we have Blair. During the SOS period knowing that we will still have Benji, Blair and Ellis will be a massive bonus compared to other teams. Personally I think anywhere below a top 4 spot once again will be a failure year. I think we should be pushing for a top 2 spot.

On a side note - it's funny to see how much the Dragons have dropped now that Bennett & Boyd have left. Interesting.

Anyway, bring on 2012 and go you Tigs!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 04 Nov, 2011 3:34 pm

Why is everyone rating the Broncos so highly without Lockyer They might start the season ok but life without Lockyer will be tough I'm betting against them making top 8

Steven

Post by Steven » Fri 04 Nov, 2011 4:32 pm

Go you tigers :D:D

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Fri 04 Nov, 2011 4:34 pm

What a team we have next year go u tigers fire up :D:D

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Fri 04 Nov, 2011 7:28 pm

Farought....i prefer when we are underdogs....

Posted using RoarFEED
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

jais tigez

Post by jais tigez » Fri 04 Nov, 2011 10:05 pm

The next 2 years we really have a massive opportunity to win the premiership. I just fear if we don't win it then our chance may not come around again for a while

Posted using RoarFEED
Manly Sea Eagles- crying and gang bashing their way to premiership glory.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 2:26 am

$8.00? Really?

Manly, and rightfully so, should be installed as favourites, but I think we should be behind the Warriors, Melbourne and Brisbane in the Premiership stakes.

Interesting to see that the Dragons have slid out to $15.00 post Bennett/Boyd.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 2:51 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:$8.00? Really?

Manly, and rightfully so, should be installed as favourites, but I think we should be behind the Warriors, Melbourne and Brisbane in the Premiership stakes.

They'll realy come back to the field next yr, well they pretty much already did this yr. I realy see them battling for a position in the 8. Thats how far i think they could fall

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 2:54 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:

They'll realy come back to the field next yr, well they pretty much already did this yr. I realy see them battling for a position in the 8. Thats how far i think they could fall
I'm in complete agreeance with you, however I thought they'd be a little shorter on the tote than that.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 3:01 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

I'm in complete agreeance with you, however I thought they'd be a little shorter on the tote than that.
True, $15.00 is probably long odds for them. If i were a bookie i'd think about $10.00 would be about fair

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 3:04 am

Thinking about putting a lobster on Cronulla, they could be anything next year.
#penaltyTigers

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 3:08 am

What else surprizes me is who is at the bottom of the list. Titans $34, realy? I don't rate them a chance at all to win the comp, however 34 bucks is very long odds for them considering ther recruits. The Panthers are the team i wouldn't touch with a 50 foot poll. There is usually one side every yr, you can pick who will do bugger all, and for me that team next yr is the Panthers
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Sat 05 Nov, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 3:11 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Thinking about putting a lobster on Cronulla, they could be anything next year.
They should improve, however they'd look a lot better with 1 or 2 gun outside backs. Besides Gardner, I don't rate anyone in their backline

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 3:18 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:What else surprizes me is who is at the bottom of the list. Titans $34, realy? I don't rate them a chance at all to win the comp, however 34 bucks is very long odds for them considering ther recruits. The Panthers are the team i wouldn't touch with a 50 foot poll. There is usually one side every yr, you can pick who will do bugger all, and for me that team next yr is the Panthers
I think their performance last year, coupled with the fact that they have pretty much an entirely new squad is the reason why they are such long odds. But hey, Canterbury proved you can just about field an entirely new side and just about win the comp in 2009.

I agree on you with the Pamfers. They won't come last, but they'll probably finish in the bottom four. My pick for the spoon will be Canberra. I don't think they've really added much, and they've basically hooked one aging player in Orford for another in Berrigan. Berrigan will offer more from dummy half than Tounge ever could, but they'll miss Tounge's leadership, he was the heart of that side. Their on field ability will rely heavily on whether Campese and Dugan can remain fit.
#penaltyTigers

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 3:23 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:What else surprizes me is who is at the bottom of the list. Titans $34, realy? I don't rate them a chance at all to win the comp, however 34 bucks is very long odds for them considering ther recruits. The Panthers are the team i wouldn't touch with a 50 foot poll. There is usually one side every yr, you can pick who will do bugger all, and for me that team next yr is the Panthers
I think their performance last year, coupled with the fact that they have pretty much an entirely new squad is the reason why they are such long odds. But hey, Canterbury proved you can just about field an entirely new side and just about win the comp in 2009.

I agree on you with the Pamfers. They won't come last, but they'll probably finish in the bottom four. My pick for the spoon will be Canberra. I don't think they've really added much, and they've basically hooked one aging player in Orford for another in Berrigan. Berrigan will offer more from dummy half than Tounge ever could, but they'll miss Tounge's leadership, he was the heart of that side. Their on field ability will rely heavily on whether Campese and Dugan can remain fit.
They realy need their forward pack to dominate as well. They were nothing but a pack of powder puffs this yr

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 4:51 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:

Heys guys see you both rate Brisbane highly Why ?? No Lockyer is going to be a very large bridge to cross imo

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 7:08 am

Get on Newcastle.

Posted using RoarFEED

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 11:26 am

Brisbane Tiger wrote:Get on Newcastle.

Posted using RoarFEED
The season is still 5 months away and already i'm over hearing about Newcastle