Wests Tigers installed as Premiership favourites

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
GNR4LIFE

Re: 2012 Odds

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 11:41 am

happy tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:$8.00? Really?

Manly, and rightfully so, should be installed as favourites, but I think we should be behind the Warriors, Melbourne and Brisbane in the Premiership stakes.

Interesting to see that the Dragons have slid out to $15.00 post Bennett/Boyd.
They'll realy come back to the field next yr, well they pretty much already did this yr. I realy see them battling for a position in the 8. Thats how far i think they could fall
Heys guys see you both rate Brisbane highly Why ?? No Lockyer is going to be a very large bridge to cross imo
I think they'll be ok. Its not the first time they've had to overcome a champion leaving. No matter what the cirumstances are they alwayz seem to have a knack of staying up there. They have arguebly the best crop of juniors in the comp atm

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 12:28 pm

I'm confident Newcastle will be whipped into a great defensive squad which will do the simple things right. Whether they are Premiership material is along bow at this stage. :crazy

The fact we are at $8 is very low... I'm not expecting things to be rosey in the first 14 weeks of the comp for the Tigers. I'm confident we have enough talent to make the 8, so from there anything can happen... Who knows, Benji and Robbie might decide 2012 is the year of the 'reset' instead of running the 5th tackle option and we may even play it straighter, who knows?! :deadhorse:

Cant come at Brisbane... I'm struggling to see Queensland win Origin next year withour Lockyer. As for Brisbane being up there, unless they buy an astute 6 or 7 to simply steer the ship around the park, I think they will just miss out.

Souths & Canberra will be my biggest improvers! :o
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

bluetige

Post by bluetige » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 1:02 pm

Just had a look at Centrebet Odds

Manly 5.50
Melb 7.50
Newcastle 8.00
Warriors 10.00
Brisbane, Saints, Tigers 11.00
Souths 15.00
Dogs, Cowboys 17.00
Parra 21.00
Roosters 26.00
Canberra, Titans, Penrith 31.00
Cronulla 34.00

bluetige

Post by bluetige » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 1:12 pm

Tom Waterhouse Odds

Manly 7.00
Melb 8.50
tigers 9.00
Warriors 9.50
Newcastle 10.00
Brisbane 11.00
saints 12.00
Souths 15.00
Cowboys 17.00
Dogs 18.00
Canberra, Parra, Penrith, Roosters 21.00
Titans, Cronulla 31.00

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 05 Nov, 2011 6:27 pm

Centrebets odds look for more balanced for mine.

Newcastle will definitely make the eight, I don't they will win a premiership though. I don't think even Bennett could put practically replace half the squad and steer them to the finals.

Posted using RoarFEED
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

bluetige

Post by bluetige » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 9:08 am

Just watched foxsports news this morning and Tim Morrisey from Daily Telegraph was interviewed about the Dessy drama and he spoke to Glen Munsie of TAB Sportsbet who said when Des officially is sacked Manly's odds will blow out to double figures and the Tigers will be installed as new favourites.

By memory favourites don't really perform that well do they? When was the last time a favourite won the title that year (excluding the latest Storm debacle).

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 10:47 am

We are currently the NEW NRL favourites! Manly have gone out to $9. We are still at $8. Manly will most likely go out even more when Hasler is sacked. How are we going to deal with this pressure? We are most likely going to stay favourites up until the start of the season. It's nice to see we have one of the big heavy weights of the competition now though.

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 12:05 pm

I could be wrong but I'ld imagine it was Storm back in 2009?

The only reason that I might see myself being incorrect would be the fact of Manly winning the GF in '08.

However, even though the favorites mightn't have the best record in the GF, they sure do go close to it..

.. And once your in the GF it's anyone's game.

Forget jinx's, hoodoo's and teams with "the wood" over the other. It's all about the best team on the day and if we get to the GF, I'ld be happy and if we win it, I'ld be extatic!

Posted using RoarFEED

Discussion Bot

Post by Discussion Bot » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 12:10 pm

For the first time since the final days of September 2005, Wests Tigers have been installed as favourites to win the NRL Premiership. Manly’s dumping of coach Des Hasler has seen the Sea Eagle’s odds for 2012 grow as doubts linger over the team’s ability to post a successful title defence next season. This has left the bookies feeling the most confidence in the Wests Tigers’ chances. TAB Sports Bet has placed the Tigers as early favourites at $8, with Manly, Melbourne and the Warriors placed at $9.

underdog

Post by underdog » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 12:14 pm

Discussion Bot wrote:For the first time since the final days of September 2005, Wests Tigers have been installed as favourites to win the NRL Premiership. Manly’s dumping of coach Des Hasler has seen the Sea Eagle’s odds for 2012 grow as doubts linger over the team’s ability to post a successful title defence next season. This has left the bookies feeling the most confidence in the Wests Tigers’ chances. TAB Sports Bet has placed the Tigers as early favourites at $8, with Manly, Melbourne and the Warriors placed at $9.
We currently don't have a halfback!

I HATE IT when we are favourites however it's now or never for our boys - they need to learn to win games as favourites, and win them well.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 12:15 pm

I don't like it when we are favorites even though it feels good,but I'd prefer Us at bigger odds

Posted using RoarFEED
Number 1 souffs hater

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 12:29 pm

Can't understand how these bookies work. We don't even know who will be playing halfback or fullback, two of the most important positions on the field. How in the hell could we possibly be favourites?

Posted using RoarFEED

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 12:47 pm

Look at our roster! Its pretty good! Choc full of stars and internationals!! We should be faves!!

We should have won it last year!!

Posted using RoarFEED

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 12:48 pm

bluetige wrote:Just watched foxsports news this morning and Tim Morrisey from Daily Telegraph was interviewed about the Dessy drama and he spoke to Glen Munsie of TAB Sportsbet who said when Des officially is sacked Manly's odds will blow out to double figures and the Tigers will be installed as new favourites.

By memory favourites don't really perform that well do they? When was the last time a favourite won the title that year (excluding the latest Storm debacle).
I'm pretty sure the Dragons would have almost started as favourites at the start of 2010

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 12:52 pm

[quote="simonthetiger"]Look at our roster! Its pretty good! Choc full of stars and internationals!! We should be faves!!

We should have won it last year!!

and the year before that too

gold on black

Post by gold on black » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 12:57 pm

Personally i have no idea how souths arent higher...they are in the exact same scenario as us missing a halfback but they have a great team and they now have mags as a coach who will train them hard unlike langy who was on his way out the door
and i HATE souths

and the Cowboys - they have another great squad i cant really see why they are so low...they would have finished even better this year had JT not got injured

gold on black

Post by gold on black » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 1:00 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:I'm confident Newcastle will be whipped into a great defensive squad which will do the simple things right. Whether they are Premiership material is along bow at this stage. :crazy

The fact we are at $8 is very low... I'm not expecting things to be rosey in the first 14 weeks of the comp for the Tigers. I'm confident we have enough talent to make the 8, so from there anything can happen... Who knows, Benji and Robbie might decide 2012 is the year of the 'reset' instead of running the 5th tackle option and we may even play it straighter, who knows?! :deadhorse:

Cant come at Brisbane... I'm struggling to see Queensland win Origin next year withour Lockyer. As for Brisbane being up there, unless they buy an astute 6 or 7 to simply steer the ship around the park, I think they will just miss out.

Souths & Canberra will be my biggest improvers! :o

I expect big things from newcastle...i dont see them becoming as much of a defensive robot as saints though...although they will tighten up

gold on black

Post by gold on black » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 1:04 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:$8.00? Really?

Manly, and rightfully so, should be installed as favourites, but I think we should be behind the Warriors, Melbourne and Brisbane in the Premiership stakes.

Interesting to see that the Dragons have slid out to $15.00 post Bennett/Boyd.
not really
dragons should have been placed atleast 5th if bennett/boyd had stayed after their abismal downfall at the end of last season
they have barely recruited anyone worth a mention and are under a rookie coach who i expect will attempt to try and keep them going the same way they were which was crumbling last i checked