2012 Trials

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
innsaneink

Re: 2012 Trials

Post by innsaneink » Wed 18 Jan, 2012 9:19 pm

smeghead wrote:Cool.

Trial match is a trial match, it makes more sense if we are going to alternate one year WT, one year Goosters to play in a CSS.

Would like to see us playing a trial further bush as well as the rural community deserve more trials
Is that whats happening now?
They owe us about 4 years worth.

Quite a coincidence :roll: someone noticed today the incorrect dates/venues on NRL.COM...and WTs releasing the official ones
What would clubs and the NRL do without fans pointing them in the right direction???

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Wed 18 Jan, 2012 9:21 pm

smeghead wrote:Cool.

Trial match is a trial match, it makes more sense if we are going to alternate one year WT, one year Goosters to play in a CSS.

Would like to see us playing a trial further bush as well as the rural community deserve more trials
Hey Smeg, are we going to alternate home grounds each year now, or, did we just gain the home ground game this year because we actually won the Foundation Cup?

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 18 Jan, 2012 9:23 pm

I think the purpose of holding it at the SFS was to try and gain a TV broadcast yearly and it seems that hasn't panned out so alternating one and one. But its all guesswork from me

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Wed 18 Jan, 2012 9:51 pm

That sounds like very plausible "guesswork". :D

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Wed 18 Jan, 2012 9:58 pm

innsaneink wrote:
smeghead wrote:
Quite a coincidence :roll: someone noticed today the incorrect dates/venues on NRL.COM...and WTs releasing the official ones
What would clubs and the NRL do without fans pointing them in the right direction???
it is pretty funny isnt it

maybe if they didnt spend so much time watching fan forums they would do their jobs more efficiently

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Wed 18 Jan, 2012 10:10 pm

I was always under the impression that the Roosters trial was at Campbelltown. Can't remember anything official from the club saying it was at Leichhardt ever. Inthinknanother forum said it was at Leichhardt and everyone took that as gospel.

Good decision to play at Campbelltown and gotta love Bluetongue twice within a month.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 12:37 am

Other Club trial matches
Friday, January 27, Concord Oval
6pm: Wests Tigers U20s vs Hull KR

Actual Hull KR or an academy side?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 9:56 am

towntiger wrote:I was always under the impression that the Roosters trial was at Campbelltown. Can't remember anything official from the club saying it was at Leichhardt ever. Inthinknanother forum said it was at Leichhardt and everyone took that as gospel.
They took it as gospel because the Church of the NRL said it was so...

http://www.nrl.com/perth,-hobart-nz-all ... fault.aspx

18th February
Tigers
Roosters
Leichhardt Oval

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 10:03 am

Sabre wrote:Other Club trial matches

Isnt Ben Galea the Captain of Hull KR?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

batboy

Post by batboy » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 10:28 am

He sure is....
And a Sorely missed Club Champion!!

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 10:49 am

I wouldnt mind wondering down to check that out. Is it the Hull KR side or an under 20s as well?
Its a great idea having the 20s play against men, to ready them for first grade.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 10:50 am

Sabre wrote:Other Club trial matches

Academy side

http://www.hullkr.co.uk/fans-forum-supp ... roject-782

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 1:13 pm

The trial info that has been posted on the WT website says "The first serious trial match will be held against Parra......".

OK, I'm probably clutching at straws here, but do you think that means there may still be a trial against a non-NRL team on the 4th Feb? Hope so.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 2:02 pm

Mrs T wrote:The trial info that has been posted on the WT website says "The first serious trial match will be held against Parra......".

OK, I'm probably clutching at straws here, but do you think that means there may still be a trial against a non-NRL team on the 4th Feb? Hope so.
There normally is a trial for the fringe players before the official NRL trials. Besides you'd feel sorry for the poor Southern Stingrays if they lost their slot.
The WT management are no doubt in negotiations with the Magpie's rally people to see if they can use one the organiser's backyard for the game...

Wacko Jacko

Post by Wacko Jacko » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 3:07 pm

Absolute disgrace that the Foundation Cup has been taken off Leichharddt to try and sweeten the pot at Campbelltowen after article last week re: Wests Magpies :wtf

Disgraceful :evil:

Won't be getting my membership they can go jump in the creek :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 3:13 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Mrs T wrote:The trial info that has been posted on the WT website says "The first serious trial match will be held against Parra......".

There normally is a trial for the fringe players before the official NRL trials. Besides you'd feel sorry for the poor Southern Stingrays if they lost their slot.
The WT management are no doubt in negotiations with the Magpie's rally people to see if they can use one the organiser's backyard for the game...
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 4:38 pm

Wacko Jacko wrote:Absolute disgrace that the Foundation Cup has been taken off Leichharddt to try and sweeten the pot at Campbelltowen after article last week re: Wests Magpies :wtf

Disgraceful :evil:

Won't be getting my membership they can go jump in the creek :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Wasn't the Foundation Cup played at the SFS? And even if it wasn't, why shouldn't the game revert from Leichhardt to Campbelltown each year? That would seem fair to me and for the people of the Western Suburbs!

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 4:40 pm

tbh I didnt even know Foundation Cup was at Leichhardt this yeat, I just assumed it was at SFS like every other year.
Couldn't care less where we play our trials