2012 Trials

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
Yossarian

Re: 2012 Trials

Post by Yossarian » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 4:11 pm

the_scene wrote:I think that its a great move by the club to move the Foundation Cup to Cambo. While I personally find the SFS much more accessible and 'user friendly'; in the current environment with all the paper talk about the AFL's push into western Sydney, it makes perfect sense to move a PRE SEASON match out west to give the local kids an extra chance to see their team in action.
Let's not rehash the venue debate... For whatever reason (it may be a simple matter of Leichhardt not being available or Campbelltown becoming available) the club has moved the game out west. It's a trial game... Anyone let's worry about the game and what Sheens' strategies/selections are going to be.

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 4:55 pm

benji#6 wrote:Living in the Illawarra, Im thinking about going to the trial against Wests Illawarra. I know the top line players wont be playing but what do others think about which players we will see in this game. Im hoping to see the likes of Grant, Chisolm, Miller and Humble etc.
I will be trying to get there as well Benji#6.
It should be an interesting game to watch.
I'm expecting to see all those guys you mentioned get a run, plus all the fringe first graders.I'd image it will be played in 4 quarters.
Last year against Parra, i think we just about sent out a fresh team every quarter as did Parra. Might be a bit different this year against a group 6 rep side thou.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 5:17 pm

After a Long off season Campbelltown sounds good ! So does the Balmain side contain the Weststigers players ? as we will attend the 3 grades if not definatly 2,roll on 2012 the year of the Tigers.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 6:52 pm

TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY FOR CAMPBELLTOWN TRIAL
20/01/2012 5:18:47 PM

Tickets for the Wests Tigers versus Sydney Roosters trial match at Campbelltown Sports Stadium go on sale on Monday, January 23, from 9am.

The trial will be the last serious hit out for Wests Tigers before the season kicks off in March.

BUY TICKETS

The annual trial against the Roosters has traditionally been played at the Sydney Football Stadium but Wests Tigers is pleased to continue its recent trend of hosting more fixtures in Campbelltown.

Three quality games will be played from 3.30pm, giving Wests Tigers supporters in Macarthur a great chance to see the Club’s players in action.

Tickets can also be purchased at Wests Tigers Gearzone stores at Concord Oval and Campbelltown (Brands On Sale Outlet, Shop 234, 32 Queen Street).

Match Day schedule
3.30pm: NSW State Cup: Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers v Newtown Jets
5.15pm: NYC: Wests Tigers v Sydney Roosters
7.30pm: NRL: Wests Tigers v Sydney Roosters

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 7:31 pm

Snake wrote:After a Long off season Campbelltown sounds good ! So does the Balmain side contain the Weststigers players ? as we will attend the 3 grades if not definatly 2,roll on 2012 the year of the Tigers.
It's the main state cup team so it will have the WT players not needed for the NRL trial. I'm guessing some guys will appear for half a game for Balmain and then get some game time in the NRL. Sheens usually named 17 players and then adds more on the night doesn't he?

Should be an interesting and exciting night seeing a lot of guys go round for us for the first time.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 8:16 pm

Looking forward to getting my tickets to the Foundation Cup on Monday - got my membership too now so its all starting to feel close!

Marshall Magic 77

Post by Marshall Magic 77 » Mon 23 Jan, 2012 10:05 pm

Yesterday's paper had the foundation cup @ leichhardt

Posted using RoarFEED

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 23 Jan, 2012 10:09 pm

Marshall Magic 77 wrote:Yesterday's paper had the foundation cup @ leichhardt

Posted using RoarFEED
You'll get a good seat

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 23 Jan, 2012 10:29 pm

Does anyone know for certain if the Feb 4th trial v Stingrays @ Campbelltown is going ahead. I rang the Club early last week but they were still unsure.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 23 Jan, 2012 10:29 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Posted using RoarFEED
You'll get a good seat
Lol!

Dr Ice

Post by Dr Ice » Tue 24 Jan, 2012 1:00 pm

And for once car parking should be ok.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 24 Jan, 2012 2:31 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Posted using RoarFEED
You'll get a good seat
And as long as you own a telescope the vision should be good as well

benji#6

Post by benji#6 » Tue 24 Jan, 2012 3:28 pm

tiga4eva wrote:Does anyone know for certain if the Feb 4th trial v Stingrays @ Campbelltown is going ahead. I rang the Club early last week but they were still unsure.
Balmain Ryde play against Wests Illawarra on the 5th so the unless the Wests Magpies play the Stingrays my guess is that this game probably wont go ahead.

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 24 Jan, 2012 6:01 pm

[quote="Marshall Magic 77"]Yesterday's paper had the foundation cup @ leichhardt

Apparently there is a proposal to move playing for the foundation cup to an nrl game between WTs and the rorters rather than playing for the cup in a trial.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 24 Jan, 2012 6:05 pm

cunno wrote:

Apparently there is a proposal to move playing for the foundation cup to an nrl game between WTs and the rorters rather than playing for the cup in a trial.
Good point Cunno You would think that everytime they play they play for the Foundation Cup

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Tue 24 Jan, 2012 7:28 pm

benji#6 wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:Does anyone know for certain if the Feb 4th trial v Stingrays @ Campbelltown is going ahead. I rang the Club early last week but they were still unsure.
Balmain Ryde play against Wests Illawarra on the 5th so the unless the Wests Magpies play the Stingrays my guess is that this game probably wont go ahead.
Thanks benji#6. I knew it would primarily be State Cup and U-20s players but i was just looking forward to seeing a game of footy. looks like ill have to wait an extra 2 weeks.

21sixers

Post by 21sixers » Wed 25 Jan, 2012 4:58 pm

not long now peoples 24 days and counting :o
blood sweat and ...beers

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 26 Jan, 2012 9:46 am

happy tiger wrote:
cunno wrote:

Good point Cunno You would think that everytime they play they play for the Foundation Cup
Stay tuned Happy there may be an announcement. The week of that trial sees Wests Tigers showing a major presence in the macarthur area with school visits, the trial against the rorters and the opening of Gearzone at macarthur square. I hope this isn't a one off and there are more visits t0o the area throughout the season.