I Will Finally Call It!

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
Costaki

Re: I Will Finally Call It!

Post by Costaki » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 9:40 am

How can you say Tim Sheens should get the chop if the team doesn't make the grand final, when he is the major reason we are in the position of being title favourites in the first place?

We've made the top 4 two years in a row. We now have a great winning culture, both on and off the field, our great roster is mostly due to Sheens' influence, his ability to attract and retain star players, and knowing which juniors to keep and bring through.

You're basically saying that he's done such a good job to get us where we are, that if we dont win the comp he should be made the victim of his own success. It doesn't make sense.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 9:49 am

Crikey - 4 days in to the new year, not even a trial game played and already people are getting ready to call for Sheens' head...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 10:10 am

Yossarian wrote:Crikey - 4 days in to the new year, not even a trial game played and already people are getting ready to call for Sheens' head...
Surprised it's taken this long Yoss...
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 10:22 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Crikey - 4 days in to the new year, not even a trial game played and already people are getting ready to call for Sheens' head...
Surprised it's taken this long Yoss...
True. The restraint of forum members has been admirable.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 11:14 am

Great post Costaki!!! Sheens has got us right where we have to be to win the comp!!

Imo freakish bounces of the ball have stopped us from gf's!

An ounce of luck..... Nothing to do with clean wax and polish!!

Tbh i am happy with the consistency that goes with top four finishes! Of course id love a gf, but years of being a top class team week to week is what its all about!!

And cos of this Sheens can pick his staying/ going time imo!!

Posted using RoarFEED

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 6:02 pm

The thing is he's earnt his time now - the past two seasons, and that I have no problem with, where it was a different story a few years back....other clubs wouldnt have been so patient, what with this year marking a decade with Sheens in charge

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 6:51 pm

A few questions, are the players still responding to Tims directions?

Overall are we heading in the right direction? (on and off field)

Are we consistently making the finals?

Those are the three areas that usually decide a coaches destiny, I would have to say the answers are...

As far as we know
Yes
Yes

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 7:37 pm

Are we a real threat to win the comp.......yes.

Has this been the same for the last two seasons.......yes.

Posted using RoarFEED

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 8:20 pm

Tim Sheens is the master,anyone other than Bennett would be a drop in standards.Yes we have the team, and we have the master coach to guide us through.

underdog

Post by underdog » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 8:24 pm

People here have such short memories.

We were once coached by Terry Lamb... Tezza FREAKIN Lamb/

I'd rather have Chokka Watmough take the reigns of our club than have Lamb coach us again.

Sheens is god in comparison!

Don't drop him irrespective of the season, unless it becomes abundantly clear he has zero respect of the players. Remember lads, (and lasses) form is temporary, CLASS is forever - and Sheens has Class in spades.

Properossi

Post by Properossi » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 8:42 pm

underdog wrote:People here have such short memories.

We were once coached by Terry Lamb... Tezza FREAKIN Lamb/

I'd rather have Chokka Watmough take the reigns of our club than have Lamb coach us again.

Sheens is god in comparison!

Don't drop him irrespective of the season, unless it becomes abundantly clear he has zero respect of the players. Remember lads, (and lasses) form is temporary, CLASS is forever - and Sheens has Class in spades.
And here we have a great post!

Goose

Post by Goose » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 8:55 pm

Agree with this whole page, SHeens (and footy staff) has given us a more than competitive team, clearly great development and recruitment systems, we have a heap of quality juniors coming into first grade now and others that seem destined to play NRL, hopefully with us.

2 top 4 finishes in a row, doing a great job.

Winning a comp takes alot of luck (as well as ability) if we keep putting ourselves in a position to win it, like we have the last 2 years, that will more than do me.

As a Balmain fan, i remember all to well the years 1992-2004 where we seemed to be never competitive in games let alone to win the comp. Wests had a good early 90's, but I reckon those older enough will remember plenty of dark years from the 80's to 2004 (excluding the early to mid 90's).

Im loving this golden run. Even in 06-09, we played attractive footy had plenty of good runs and despite not making the semies had plenty to cheer about.

And has Under dog said, remember the Terry Lamb era!!

Talk of getting rid of Sheens if we dont make the GF IMO is ludicrous, he has done a wonderful job.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 9:00 pm

Yep. Two top 4 finishes in a row and one of the best rosters in the NRL and people still whinge.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 9:03 pm

Ive enjoyed the Sheens era too......the Tigers have gone from one of the dullest teams in the comp,to the most exciting team i have ever watched.

There isnt a team in the comp that i dont we can beat and well if at our brilliant best.

Talk of getting rid of the bloke that masterminded this is dead set insane!

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 9:04 pm

I have been thinking about this one for a few days and for me I am so grateful for Sheens not giving up nd taking the easy way out during the lean years and when fans and the media alike were calling for is head.

While He is not perfect, No coach is as committed to his club like Sheens. I would not punt him even if we finished last. He and his team have built us from the mess that we were to Favorites for 2012. The best players in the game are now coming here (and not for overs).

I agree with Chris in his initial post that we are building to something big and now is the time for a result. The last two years we were in with a shot as an underdog, but not so in 2012.

Wests Tigers = This is our time.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 11:11 pm

Spartan117 wrote:I have been thinking about this one for a few days and for me I am so grateful for Sheens not giving up nd taking the easy way out during the lean years and when fans and the media alike were calling for is head.

While He is not perfect, No coach is as committed to his club like Sheens. I would not punt him even if we finished last. He and his team have built us from the mess that we were to Favorites for 2012. The best players in the game are now coming here (and not for overs).

I agree with Chris in his initial post that we are building to something big and now is the time for a result. The last two years we were in with a shot as an underdog, but not so in 2012.

Wests Tigers = This is our time.
We were nothing before him, and whilst he may have overstated the capabilities of some players in our fold which may have cost us a finals berth or two between 06-09, he has definitely learnt from his mistakes by recruiting a significant amount of depth as well as retaining and cultivating talent.

He is amongst the top four coaches, and I still wouldn't trade him for anyone.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 10:28 am

Very well said Spartan!! You make a lot of sense.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 2:41 pm

Well said SIMON.....I TOTALLY AGREE.

Top 3 would be nice to get a guaranteed 2nd chance.

Injuries are the key to any club....if we have luck with that side of it im confident this year is ours for the taking