I Will Finally Call It!

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
Yossarian

Re: I Will Finally Call It!

Post by Yossarian » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 2:50 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Well said SIMON.....I TOTALLY AGREE.

Top 3 would be nice to get a guaranteed 2nd chance.

Injuries are the key to any club....if we have luck with that side of it im confident this year is ours for the taking
Top 2 get the guarantee. Conceivably you could be eliminated if you finish 3rd and the top 4 all lose.

bythebeardofzeus

Post by bythebeardofzeus » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 3:17 pm

Damn straight, we had a shocking run of injuries last year & still managed to finish top 4.

How on earth could we sack Sheens when we're the most entertaining team in the comp? I'd love for us to win it as much as anyone here, but if I had the choice between winning the comp "st george-style" or coming close "Tigers style" I think I'd choose the latter...if that makes any sense

balmainbenny

Post by balmainbenny » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 6:50 pm

Let:s stop and think about all the odds against us last year, Remember the player disruptions? with the Blair saga, Gibbs, Fffita, talk of the Rino and Ryan going to Penrith as well as Sheens moving on as well, The Benji saga, etc etc. Then dont forget our horrific run of injurys to some of our key players(Lawrence, Dwyer ), Also with the uncertainty of Lui early in the season and then Moltzen later in the season, THAT alone is enough to derail any teams season, I could probably think of more, AFTER ALL THAT we manage to come as close as we did, All I can say is what a mighty effort by all. Just a little bit of luck and I really think we can take the big one.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 7:50 pm

balmainbenny wrote:Let:s stop and think about all the odds against us last year, Remember the player disruptions? with the Blair saga, Gibbs, Fffita, talk of the Rino and Ryan going to Penrith as well as Sheens moving on as well, The Benji saga, etc etc. Then dont forget our horrific run of injurys to some of our key players(Lawrence, Dwyer ), Also with the uncertainty of Lui early in the season and then Moltzen later in the season, THAT alone is enough to derail any teams season, I could probably think of more, AFTER ALL THAT we manage to come as close as we did, All I can say is what a mighty effort by all. Just a little bit of luck and I really think we can take the big one.
You make some good points.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 8:10 pm

Yeah but we did have luck in the Manly & Roosters games, and the saints semi...just trying to keep it balanced...and half the dramas were our own creation

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 8:50 pm

I think we are Gf bound this year, real strong squad some may say we lack a prop but Blair will fill that role nicely. He will start in the back row then move to prop allowing for a very flexible bench without compromising size or mobility. Depending on what happens @ 7 whether it be moltzen or chisolm I think we have a good fullbacks in the wings if molts goes to half.

Sheens will be here no matter what happens next year, unless u are in the inner sanctum u will never know the impact and influence he has on this organization

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 9:04 pm

smoking gun wrote:I think we are Gf bound this year, real strong squad some may say we lack a prop but Blair will fill that role nicely. He will start in the back row then move to prop allowing for a very flexible bench without compromising size or mobility. Depending on what happens @ 7 whether it be moltzen or chisolm I think we have a good fullbacks in the wings if molts goes to half.

Sheens will be here no matter what happens next year, unless u are in the inner sanctum u will never know the impact and influence he has on this organization
Your point about Sheens' influence was evident by what happened to the previous CEO who tried to put KPIs in place and didn't last long, not that I agree KPIs and I'm sure there would have been more to it, that's just the issue that was made public as I recall it.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 06 Jan, 2012 10:12 am

smoking gun wrote:I think we are Gf bound this year, real strong squad some may say we lack a prop but Blair will fill that role nicely. He will start in the back row then move to prop allowing for a very flexible bench without compromising size or mobility. Depending on what happens @ 7 whether it be moltzen or chisolm I think we have a good fullbacks in the wings if molts goes to half.

So smoking gun, you are telling us the no7 is Moltzen or Chisolm. Iam not doubting you but I would have thought Moltzen was a shoe in for the no1 and Miller would get first crack at the no7. Will be interesting how it pans out, your info is seldom wrong and young Chisolm has plenty of raps on him. IMO Moltzen is a no1 and not a 7 and it would be a back flip for Sheens to play him in the no7 role.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Fri 06 Jan, 2012 3:08 pm

supercoach wrote:

So smoking gun, you are telling us the no7 is Moltzen or Chisolm. Iam not doubting you but I would have thought Moltzen was a shoe in for the no1 and Miller would get first crack at the no7. Will be interesting how it pans out, your info is seldom wrong and young Chisolm has plenty of raps on him. IMO Moltzen is a no1 and not a 7 and it would be a back flip for Sheens to play him in the no7 role.
I think Moltzen at seven is our only real option - it's done and dusted as far as I'm concerned.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 06 Jan, 2012 3:12 pm

I don't care where Moltzen plays, as long as he isn't moved around. If he starts the season at #1 or #7, he should stay there. No jostling him about as that contributed to his slow start last year. He didn't know whether he was Arthur or Martha.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 06 Jan, 2012 3:15 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:I don't care where Moltzen plays, as long as he isn't moved around. If he starts the season at #1 or #7, he should stay there. No jostling him about as that contributed to his slow start last year. He didn't know whether he was Arthur or Martha.
x2

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 06 Jan, 2012 3:25 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:I don't care where Moltzen plays, as long as he isn't moved around. If he starts the season at #1 or #7, he should stay there. No jostling him about as that contributed to his slow start last year. He didn't know whether he was Arthur or Martha.
Wrong thread... Oh sorry I thought you said Arthur or Macarthur...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 06 Jan, 2012 3:29 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Wrong thread... Oh sorry I thought you said Arthur or Macarthur...
Quality Yoss... Pure quality :D
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 06 Jan, 2012 3:38 pm

Motlz will be 7 to accomodate Reddy within the top 13. He is a seasoned first grader and sheens will find a starting spot for him....I think it'll be at the back.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 06 Jan, 2012 3:51 pm

Sheens hasnt swayed for 3 years with Moltzen at Fullback... Yes he entertained McKinnon due to his natural ability as a 1 while Moltz was working his way back into 2011, but the bloke is as stubborn as an Ox, and I cant see him moving Moltzen for Round 1.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Fri 06 Jan, 2012 4:25 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Sheens hasnt swayed for 3 years with Moltzen at Fullback... Yes he entertained McKinnon due to his natural ability as a 1 while Moltz was working his way back into 2011, but the bloke is as stubborn as an Ox, and I cant see him moving Moltzen for Round 1.
Do you think he has a choice? Personally I cant see it - Humble, Chisolm and Miller are all unproven at 7 in NRL...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 06 Jan, 2012 4:52 pm

helmesy wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Sheens hasnt swayed for 3 years with Moltzen at Fullback... Yes he entertained McKinnon due to his natural ability as a 1 while Moltz was working his way back into 2011, but the bloke is as stubborn as an Ox, and I cant see him moving Moltzen for Round 1.
Do you think he has a choice? Personally I cant see it - Humble, Chisolm and Miller are all unproven at 7 in NRL...
And Moltzen is? the guy has no kicking or passing game, and has zero organizational skills. After the way he played at 1 at the back end of last yr i don't know why anyone would think he should be anywhere else. Id go Miller at 7, Moltzen at 1 with Reddy on the bench as a utility. With Reddy on the bench, we wouldn't have to carry a winger who only plays the final 5 mins.

What happened to everyone who was pushing Jacob Miller last season when Lui was struggling? has everyone gone gun shy with the kid?

I agree with Watto. Love or hate him, you can't deny the fact Sheens is very stubborn and maybe a little pig-headed. Once he pigeonholes a player, he very rarely goes back on it

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 06 Jan, 2012 4:53 pm

Yes....he's very persistent and consistent....Moltz will be #1