Tigers team to take on West Illawarra

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
batboy

Re: Tigers team to take on West Illawarra

Post by batboy » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 9:19 am

He is clearly a class above in State Cup...
I'm actually a bit dissapointed he isn't getting a run.
I thought he'd be a shoe in for Dwyers spot!!
But he's still here, So maybe he will get some time
this year... Here's hoping!!

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 10:12 am

Tedesco still qualifies for U20's doesn't he? So his absence from this side is no real surprise.

The fact that Reddy is playing in the centres suggests he is not currently a main player in the fullback race IMO.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 10:17 am

I think you're reading too much into these selections Centaur... You may be right but I wouldn't base too much on these team lists. Reddy missed a lot of football last year and maybe Sheens just wants him to get more game time in.

Goose

Post by Goose » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 10:25 am

Yossarian wrote:I think you're reading too much into these selections Centaur... You may be right but I wouldn't base too much on these team lists. Reddy missed a lot of football last year and maybe Sheens just wants him to get more game time in.
Surely if Sheens was looking at him at fullback, he'd trial him there, given he has not played there in years

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 10:36 am

Goose wrote:
Yossarian wrote:I think you're reading too much into these selections Centaur... You may be right but I wouldn't base too much on these team lists. Reddy missed a lot of football last year and maybe Sheens just wants him to get more game time in.
Surely if Sheens was looking at him at fullback, he'd trial him there, given he has not played there in years
Well 2 things.

1 - Just because Reddy isn't named at FB doesn't mean he won't spend some or a lot of the game playing FB. These are (at best) just the starting positions for the 1st quarter. And given Sheens' history these may have no relationship to what actually happens on the night.

2 - It is the BRET trial. I think the NRL trials will give a much better idea of what Sheens' intentions are.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm just cautioning against accepting this as strong evidence. It is a minor clue at best.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 10:39 am

Yeah I think we will see Reddy start the year at fullback, Tedesco will probably be on the bench come round 5-6.

So round one I reckon we are looking...

Reddy
Utai
Lawrence
Ayshford
Ryan
Marshall
Moltzen
Woods
Farah
Galloway
Ellis
Blair
Fulton/Heighnington

Bench
Heighnington/Fulton
Bell
Groat/Murdoch-Masila
Perhaps Brown?

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 12:09 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Goose wrote:
Well 2 things.

1 - Just because Reddy isn't named at FB doesn't mean he won't spend some or a lot of the game playing FB. These are (at best) just the starting positions for the 1st quarter. And given Sheens' history these may have no relationship to what actually happens on the night.

2 - It is the BRET trial. I think the NRL trials will give a much better idea of what Sheens' intentions are.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm just cautioning against accepting this as strong evidence. It is a minor clue at best.
Your points are valid. I just personally feel that if Reddy was an option at fullback, he would be playing as many trials as possible in the fullback position.

It is obviously pure speculation. But that is the fun of it, trying to extrapolate as much as you can from what you actually know.

batboy

Post by batboy » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 12:27 pm

VENUE HAS BEEN CHANGED (Via Twitter) YET TO BE ANNOUNCED!!

batboy

Post by batboy » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 2:22 pm

Change of Venue - State Cup - Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers v Wests Illawara at 2pm at Milton Park, Railway Pde, Ingleburn/Macquarie Fields

tgibs24

Post by tgibs24 » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 2:47 pm

You will be very surprised about what Linc Port can do. He is fit, quick, excels in speed, always works as a team but he will prove dangerous with his tactic in ball handiling skills and once the line is broken you will not catch him. He may not look much in size but he will be the one to watch!

genoshan

Post by genoshan » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 2:54 pm

Dammit. They moved it from my area and now I can't go .... IS the reason due to the weather ?

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 3:12 pm

Yes weather related.

Posted using RoarFEED
WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 3:28 pm

Ingleburn eh?

Only a stones throw from Mount Annan.

Might make the trek. Might see some of you lads there.

If you start talking to me about the merger while there, prepare to be ignored.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 4:16 pm

tgibs24 wrote:You will be very surprised about what Linc Port can do. He is fit, quick, excels in speed, always works as a team but he will prove dangerous with his tactic in ball handiling skills and once the line is broken you will not catch him. He may not look much in size but he will be the one to watch!
Cheers. Proabably well down the line for fullback options, but I will be interested to see how he develops.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 5:30 pm

TRIAL VENUE CHANGED FOR TIGERS TRIAL
3/02/2012 2:19:30 PM
Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers trial against Wests Illawarra will now be played at a new venue on Saturday, February 4.

The match was originally scheduled for Sid Parrish Park, Figtree, at 6pm but the ground is unavailable due to the heavy rain over the past few days.

The trial match will now be played at Milton Park, Railway Parade, Ingleburn/Macquarie Fields at 2pm.

Several new Wests Tigers recruits led by winger John Grant (Eastwood rugby), centre Joel Reddy (Parramatta), five-eighth Dane Chisholm (Melbourne Storm) and prop Jack Spencer (Salford) will line up for Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 03 Feb, 2012 6:53 pm

Curtain raiser now for the Magpies Matts and ball trials against Sharks

Dont read too much into anything

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 5:36 pm

Full-time score Balmain 5-Wests Illawarra 3.

Video to come.

THE POM

Post by THE POM » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 5:47 pm

I found Joel Reddy and Dane Chisolhm very impressive, Dane is very hard to stop and good on his feet.