ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 7 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Blue Tongue Stadium
Telecast: None
happy tiger

Re: Trials...............Who is Going.

Post by happy tiger » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yossarian wrote:The point is, he is weighing up whether to go based on what players get picked. I agree there is no issue about whether he goes or not especially for a trial but to base your decision on what team is picked is a bit odd... It's an NRL trial - most of our starters will play.
I don't think its odd at all. I think you'll find a good majority of fans wouldn't worry about going if we were fielding a reserve grade team. You could make a case if it were a premiership game, but for a trial i think its a fair call. Its not like trials attract big numbers anyway. Diehards are usually the only ones who go to trials. Not saying thats a bad thing at all, because i like catching them if i can get there, but i think thats the truth
Probably a good reason to play the game in regional areas where they don't get any NRL games and will get a lot more fan support from the rugby league public in general

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 10:52 pm

innsaneink wrote:Weak?

Half a fan?

Im sure plenty go just to try meet chicks, a drink with the boys....get away from the mrs & kids....people go for all manner of reasons

Myself....I see how the weathers looking, how Im feeling and if Ive worked that day

Everyones different for christs sake :brick:
I agree that people have different reasons but I do think it is odd if you based your attendance on whether certain players are picked. Any just my opinion sorry if it upsets you.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 10:54 pm

But you didnt say it was odd....you said it was weak....two different things.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 10:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:But you didnt say it was odd....you said it was weak....two different things.
Yep and I stand by both of them. Who doesn't go to a game because player x doesn't get picked?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 11:13 pm

Yossarian wrote:
innsaneink wrote:But you didnt say it was odd....you said it was weak....two different things.
Yep and I stand by both of them. Who doesn't go to a game because player x doesn't get picked?
Plenty of people when we're talking about a meaningless trial. Does it make them less of a supporter? No

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 11:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Plenty of people when we're talking about a meaningless trial. Does it make them less of a supporter? No
If it is so meaningless just don't go. There's no drama... It shouldn't matter whether say Robbie Farah gets picked, if it's a meaningless trial his inclusion shouldn't be the catalyst for you to go.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 11:22 pm

But thats just your opinion....why does it have to apply to everyone?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 11:29 pm

Yossarian wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
If it is so meaningless just don't go. There's no drama... It shouldn't matter whether say Robbie Farah gets picked, if it's a meaningless trial his inclusion shouldn't be the catalyst for you to go.
Wether you agree with it or not, its only natural that the crowd will be much smaller without the big names. So maybe you don't take it into consideration, but plenty obviously would

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 11:34 pm

innsaneink wrote:But thats just your opinion....why does it have to apply to everyone?
When did I say it did?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 11:37 pm

It shouldn't matter whether say Robbie Farah gets picked, if it's a meaningless trial his inclusion shouldn't be the catalyst for you to go.
You are talking about fans in general here, arent you?
Last edited by innsaneink on Sat 04 Feb, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 11:38 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Wether you agree with it or not, its only natural that the crowd will be much smaller without the big names. So maybe you don't take it into consideration, but plenty obviously would
I don't think we're as opposed as you think we are. I totally agree that yes it's a trial and yes if we pick a second string side you might think about it. My point was if you're worrying about whether certain players are picked. Anyway I'm sure it's not worth the forum space it is taking up.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 04 Feb, 2012 11:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
It shouldn't matter whether say Robbie Farah gets picked, if it's a meaningless trial his inclusion shouldn't be the catalyst for you to go.
This really means a lot to you doesn't it? It was a general observation...

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Sun 05 Feb, 2012 12:06 am

Yes, i will be going to both trials. Bring it on, just one more week to go!!!!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 05 Feb, 2012 1:17 am

No I'm not that interested in trials to be honest. Form is very misleading and the whole thing to me is a bit of a muckaround. Nothing matters until the comp starts...

I'm gearing up for round 1.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 4:19 pm

Will there be a team announcement for the Parra trial today?

Posted using RoarFEED

18thman

Post by 18thman » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 12:36 am

Seatown....definitely
Gosford...no, but would love to go....still recall going there in '04 and seeing a couple of future superstars in action....one B Marshall and the other Heighno. Same in '05......Taniela Tuiaki at Mollymook.
My advice to anyone that can make it but still undecided...GO! Everyone that goes will be on here talking after the game about any number of young blokes or new buys that impressed them. Don't worry about who or who not is playing, or the result....just enjoy the occasion!

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 1:41 pm

i'm going to Gosford for one reason only - Tedesco - i wanna see with my own eyes - is this our man?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 3:03 pm

Hail and sever storms here in gosford.. Games may not go ahead.

Posted using RoarFEED
WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!