Tedesco

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 7 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Blue Tongue Stadium
Telecast: None
Eddie

Tedesco

Post by Eddie » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 12:49 am

Interesting to this him named in the 1 in a near full strength side. No hiding or shielding from Sheens. That is unlike him. He usually doesn't promote 18 year olds unless there something special. Like he did with Marshall and Lawrence back in the day.

I Don't want to jump to conclusions or put any pressure on him. However it's pretty unlike our coach to do this sort of thing. I only saw him a few times in the Toyota Cup. He looked great, but thats kids footy. Although like Lawrence, he has he build to compete at First Grade level early. His running style was pretty fear less and he went looking for the off load up the middle.

I Would love to have a genuine fullback. Even Moltzen, who didn't particularly have a fullbacks instincts was explosive at the end of last season off the back of our play makers. I actually think Tom Humble is a pretty decent fullback that i might have had as our first choice. Then you have a steady option like a Mitch Brown. Or even the fall back option of Moltzen at the back with Miller in the halves. However Sheens might have seen something special here.
Last edited by Eddie on Wed 08 Feb, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 3:04 am

Its seems to me that Sheens wanted Moltzen as his first choice seven and that left a no1 to be filled. Poor mitch Brown just isn't in Sheens plans Iam afraid, I think he see him as a solid player that lacks the x factor. On the other hand young Teddy has massive raps. Lets wait and see how he goes in the pre season stuff before we start getting to carried away

tri-serra-tops

Post by tri-serra-tops » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 7:56 am

Tedesco will get the nod at 1 IMO :!:

Premierships are won with a mix of:
Experience: Farah, Ellis, Heighington, Lawrence etc,
X Factors: Marshall, Blair, Moltzen etc
and.....
Youthful Exuberance: Tedesco, Woods etc!

**And luck of course! :idea:

We have an incredible mix of the first three this season...... :D
Our luck may just come from Sheens' approach this season regarding selections! ;)

Go You Mighty Tigers
:sign:

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 9:15 am

Gut feeling is that Tedesco wont start the year at number one.

Knowing Sheens this is his way of showing James that he is in the mix but I dont think he will rush him straight in.

Lawrence still has to come into that back line and Reddy will be there in round one as well so its going to be interesting to see what happens.

barra

Post by barra » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 9:25 am

Tedesco has been training with squad all off-season so he has some familiarity with the players and this the ideal chance to give him a run in the NRL. It doesn't mean he'll play the whole game there and while I expect to see him play more NRL this year but I would be surprised if Sheens starts the season with him at fullback.

Obviously he is a talent and this is simply a way for Sheens to see how he responds to the step up to the big time with a good safety net of replacements etc.

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 2:29 pm

I'd be surprised if Sheens starts him when the comp starts....will have to see though.

Cos_Borg

Post by Cos_Borg » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 4:04 pm

If he is as good as we hope and lives up to all the hype then why not? Will be a great spine if he is that good.

Wacko Jacko

Post by Wacko Jacko » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 4:17 pm

Can anyone ease my concerns about Tedesco under the high ball

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 4:39 pm

So who else is there that have been possibly earmarked for the one, and why arent they there?

Brown? Is he in the BRET team? Edit- rehab yeh?
Reddy? Filling in for Rowdy
Moltzen? at half
Grant? BRET team?
Port? BRET
Ryan - wing
Lote injured.

Im sure many more players than those named in the NRL squad will get a run.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 4:49 pm

i hope tedesco has a blinder, sheens jaw drops and he's the new number 1. i think by naming tedesco, either sheens is giving him a taste before he goes back to the 21's or genuially giving him first shot at number 1. Rookie of the year anyone?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 8:07 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:i hope tedesco has a blinder, sheens jaw drops and he's the new number 1. i think by naming tedesco, either sheens is giving him a taste before he goes back to the 21's or genuially giving him first shot at number 1. Rookie of the year anyone?
if this is how things work out I would be more than happy. I just think its not Sheens style to rush a bloke of his age into such an important position. Then again I have not seen the kid play.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 8:25 pm

In a general sence Stryker, but he blooded Daley as a 17yr old and Clyde, Mullins, Crocker, Prince, Marshall & Lawrence at 18yrs.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

macca

Post by macca » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 8:56 pm

One of the good things about Sheens is he generally doesn't bring a young kid in unless they are ready and when he does they turn out to be very good players and have good careers.

Posted using RoarFEED

Goose

Post by Goose » Thu 09 Feb, 2012 12:13 am

Tiger Watto wrote:In a general sence Stryker, but he blooded Daley as a 17yr old and Clyde, Mullins, Crocker, Prince, Marshall & Lawrence at 18yrs.
that is a fairly good group....If he turns out as good as that group you'd have to be happy!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Thu 09 Feb, 2012 12:41 am

I forgot that Sheens was coaching NQLD when Prince came up.

stryker

Post by stryker » Thu 09 Feb, 2012 4:25 pm

Goose wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:In a general sence Stryker, but he blooded Daley as a 17yr old and Clyde, Mullins, Crocker, Prince, Marshall & Lawrence at 18yrs.
that is a fairly good group....If he turns out as good as that group you'd have to be happy!
Agreed Goose and Watto...if his name can be mentioned with the likes of those guys in a few years time I would be ecstatic. I am really keen to watch him and see what all the fuss is about :)

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 09 Feb, 2012 4:32 pm

It's a trial game, sheens wants to see how young Ted goes at the top level, let's see whether he is picked there again for the second trial.