Re: Score Updates?

Post by MagpieMick » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:18 pm

Happy days :sign:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:19 pm

Its early February

white

Post by white » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:21 pm

That article is parramatta propaganda. They are an ordinary team who are extremely predictable and slow around the ruck. They have a lot of work to do. Feel sorry for those parra fans as they aren't in the same class as the tigers. Going to be a long season. If I was sandow getting 550 thou a year I would be laughing all the y to the bank. Seems to have lost speed and looks unfit

Tuiaki4life

Post by Tuiaki4life » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:21 pm

Massive selection headaches for Shifty Sheens... what a great problem to have. Promising season ahead...

Posted using RoarFEED

LaT

Post by LaT » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:26 pm

Nice to hear that Moltz/Benji combined well.

Scores are irrelevant in trials, but very happy with the match reports tonight.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks for all the score updates guys Well done to the Tigers

Even though it is only a trial good to get some winning form early in the season and build some combinations

Of the two fullbacks who was the most impressive ??

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:34 pm

I love beating the eels but as others have stated the score is irrelevant.
Good to hear the boys played well and no major injuries.
Looking forward to round one, hope we smoke Cronulla.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

Happy, tedesco was fairly patchy at the start and he copped a good knock. But after that he seemed to settle down ANC took a couple of really nice bombs. He will be better for the run.

Humble didn't get long at the back and was moved to the halves when moltzen went off. He didn't get many opportunities and looked s little out if place in the halves.

The fullback who really impressed me was Kurtis Rowe in the U20's. That kid can play!

Chorion looks very promising too - except fir the bombed try at the end.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:43 pm

Sorry -Chisolm! Bloody iphone

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:47 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:Happy, tedesco was fairly patchy at the start and he copped a good knock. But after that he seemed to settle down ANC took a couple of really nice bombs. He will be better for the run.

Humble didn't get long at the back and was moved to the halves when moltzen went off. He didn't get many opportunities and looked s little out if place in the halves.

The fullback who really impressed me was Kurtis Rowe in the U20's. That kid can play!

Chorion looks very promising too - except fir the bombed try at the end.
Thanks Tigersmurf for the feedback It looks like Sheens will have happy headaches for round 1 A lot of people to fit into 17 spots Always a good sign ,keeps everyone on their toes

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:52 pm

I missed the last 10 minutes but aside from two in-goal fumbles which didn't result in any points conceeded Tedesco was impressive.

Humble went OK at fullback too but hard to judge. Looked out of place in halves though and all his kicks were poor.

Second half was very ordinary and scrappy from both teams. Lots of replacements on and off, hard to keep up.

First half with full strength side we were impressive. As we should be as Parramatta remain a poor side across the park. They were missing Hayne, Hindmarsh and Tonga which will help them but they were very average and predictable.

Of the new recruits I was most impressed with Reddy and Blair. Reddy's defense is quality. Blair was very good in first half, strong in both attack and defense.

Posted using RoarFEED

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:57 pm

Go u tigers gud win for the first trial and lets do the same next week.

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:05 pm

Sounds like Tedesco could very well be the No 1 come Round 1.

Looks like the only fight for starting spots in the backline will be the wings IMO. How did Grant go?

1.Tedesco
2.Ryan/Utai/Reddy/Brown
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan/Utai/Reddy/Brown
6.Marshall
7.Moltzen

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:15 pm

Grant only had a couple of touches, hard to tell. He is massive (tall).

Posted using RoarFEED

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:16 pm

Nice defensive effort. I saw the bombed try from no24 (he celebrated before he scored I thought) but not the final Parra try. 12 point turnaround there.

Parra scored their only try off a beautiful kick by Sandow but otherwise never looked like scoring.

Benji looked sharp and defended well.
Moltzen looked good and put on a nice pass long pass for a try assist. Defensively solid also.
Humble was well involved but average overall .
All the forwards were solid,did well with Ellis the best again.The others not far behind.
Tedesco nervous start but got over that and did the job. Always told the the defender which way to split.
Grant had a chance at two trys but was butchered by the inside man?? imo he held the ball too long and then threw a forward pass to put him over on the second. Massive unit.

I have never seen such an intense warmup as well. A solid 30 minutes. They did this holden precission driving team passing drill where i never saw a pass dropped, I was so impressed i took a video of their second session

Very dominant performance but at the same time never looked like we got out of second gear. Add Tuquiri, Lawrence and Farah for happy days.

Hindy and Hayne did not take the field whilst Benji play probably 55 minutes.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:22 pm

The only thing I saw Grant do was drop a bomb which resulted in an Eels try. Utai had a blinder in the first half. Struggled a bit working out who was on in the second half (no ground announcements). Benji led the team around well when he was on.
Sandow played with flair for the Eels, but truly,they haven't got the personnel this year.
Great crowd for a trial.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:32 pm

Can someone tell that AAP writer that Wests Tigers colours are Black, White and Orange.

Best Wests Tigers players were;
UTAI- Simply Devasting
MARSHALL - played very well at 1st and 2nd receiver and was in 2nd gear !!!
MOLTZEN - only an IDIOT would play him anywhere but the halves.
ELLIS - My God he toyed with Parra.
BLAIR - Very very fit. A dynamic mover across the park. A dominant performance without breaking a sweat.
REDDY - Was fantastic. Copped some dirty stray elbows and knees but he will be EXTREMELY valuable to us.

Everyone else played really well. You can tell that there is some real competition there amongst the players and if the Fonz picks on merit instead of his favourites for once, well will do well.

If I were to pick a player whom I was least impressed with, it would be Matt GROAT. His hands let him down again, he looked nervous and under pressure.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:41 pm

Defiant wrote:Nice defensive effort. I saw the bombed try from no24 (he celebrated before he scored I thought) but not the final Parra try. 12 point turnaround there.

Parra scored their only try off a beautiful kick by Sandow but otherwise never looked like scoring.

Benji looked sharp and defended well.
Moltzen looked good and put on a nice pass long pass for a try assist. Defensively solid also.
Humble was well involved but average overall .
All the forwards were solid,did well with Ellis the best again.The others not far behind.
Tedesco nervous start but got over that and did the job. Always told the the defender which way to split.
Grant had a chance at two trys but was butchered by the inside man?? imo he held the ball too long and then threw a forward pass to put him over on the second. Massive unit.

I have never seen such an intense warmup as well. A solid 30 minutes. They did this holden precission driving team passing drill where i never saw a pass dropped, I was so impressed i took a video of their second session

Very dominant performance but at the same time never looked like we got out of second gear. Add Tuquiri, Lawrence and Farah for happy days.

Hindy and Hayne did not take the field whilst Benji play probably 55 minutes.

Haha sorry to laugh mate but I hope you took some vid of the game....u/16s kids do that passing drill