Score Updates?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 7 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Blue Tongue Stadium
Telecast: None
DJZ

Re: Score Updates?

Post by DJZ » Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:42 pm

Well said bug though you did mention young fullback James. I was very impressed once he got settled. Fultz had a good game at hooker in the first half ...... Watch out Robbie ;) :sign:

cruzer

Post by cruzer » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 12:07 am

Not many mentioned how well Reddy went, I think his defense was fantastic they could not get anything past him. He ran the ball hard and he contested bombs as well, great buy and will be a great asset for the club

Posted using RoarFEED

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 12:17 am

cruzer wrote:Not many mentioned how well Reddy went, I think his defense was fantastic they could not get anything past him. He ran the ball hard and he contested bombs as well, great buy and will be a great asset for the club

Posted using RoarFEED
Totally agree cruzer,

Thought he went very well myself,
could easily see him filling in for Lote for the 1st 4 weeks

Novocastrian Tiger

Post by Novocastrian Tiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 12:29 am

My random thoughts on the game tonight:

* The Tigers in the first half were quite crisp in passing and control.
* Benji and Moltzen had great games with their passing, were always dangerous.
* I'm still concerned about our kicking in general play, I'm not sure if Moltzen's boot will be any better then Benji's and Robbies.
* Our defence was outstanding, only tries for Parra were off the boot.
* Parra didn't have much attacking variation tonight, pretty much one out stuff. They were easy to contain.
* By the looks of Sandow, I think the rumour must of been true. Rumour says he carjacked a Mister Whippy truck, one too many soft serve cones for him I think. Looking a little tubby and did'nt have the same zip he did last year. After that intercept, Moltzen chased him down 10mins shy of the try line, he never came back on. He was throwing up after the game.
* 2nd half was a more dour affair where we had a couple of chances, but was called back for either knocks ons or forward passes.
* Dane Chisholm picked up a loose ball and scampered 50mtrs to the tryline for a certain 4 pointer, but oddly enough, he dived onto the ground about 2 metres short (I guess hoping to slide into the ingoal, but instead he kind of bounced off the grass and lost control). During this break, John Grant was looming up on the inside and it looked like all the chasing defenders and Chisholm were jogging compared to Grant, he was mighty fast.
* Young Tedesco was solid tonight, in defence he was outstanding under the high ball taking a few contested bombs safely. In attack, he didn't have too many chances to impress but was regularly backing up our forwards waiting for an offload (very hodgo like). For a first hit out in firsts, he was cool, calm and collected. I think we have found our fullback.
* Utai was menacing with the ball in his hands, running like a possessed wombat burrowing in under all the defenders legs.
* Reddy astounded me with his size, very similar to Blair in size. Had an excellent defensive game. He will quite easily fit into anywhere in the centres, wings or the 2nd row for that matter. Perfect for the backline super sub Sheens loves to have on the bench.
* Ayshford, B.Ryan were solid without being spectacular.
* Out of the forwards, Ellis was menacing, Blair was busy in defence setting a good line speed (taking over from Gibbs I think). Heino, Galloway, Woods were all solid tonight.
*Groat and Bell were fair.
* Politoni was ok, a fair replacement for Farah, but doesn't have the same attacking spark that Farah has.
* John Grant is a real unit, tall, solid, fast as whippet. Touched down with a try in the corner late in the 2nd half but one of the earlier passes was deemed forward and the try denied. I think he will be pushing hard against the back of B.Ryan to take his spot on the right flank.
*No real bad games had by anyone tonight.

Everyone should be real excited with our upcoming season, we have a fantastic team that will challenge hard for the premiership.

BRING ON THE CHOOKS NEXT WEEK!!!!!
It starts and ends with the Tiger!

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 12:39 am

thanks heaps NT! awesome post.

i am so excited, particularly with the backline. im stoked grant looked good. love a fast backline... :)

bob56

Post by bob56 » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 12:40 am

I must have been at a different game. Blair was there but what did he do that was stand out?

He doesn't tackle he grabs & misses almost as many as he gets.

He didn't make a single tackle break or a single 1 on 1.

1 offload [ his high lite ]

1 good pass [but to a Parra player ]

How the hell did he have a solid game? Heighny had a solid game Keith had a solid game Fulton had a solid game Blair was THERE. Woods gives away too many stupid penalties..........

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 12:52 am

I suppose the other important question is Moltzen did he play well or did the No 6 outside him make him look good ??

Many people have said they combined well which isn't surprising but did Moltzen play the typical no 7 role ??
Last edited by happy tiger on Sun 12 Feb, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 1:08 am

People seem to be getting too carried away in analysing every inch of what they saw. Trial form means bugger all, just look at Parra last year. The only thing they are good for is clearing the cobwebs for the players. Who knows if Parra even cared tonight, a bit like us last year. I'm just happy we picked up no injuries

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 1:27 am

You aren't watching close enough if you can't see the value Blair brings. His line speed in defense is excellent, his defense is quality. Looked class without breaking a sweat.

Posted using RoarFEED

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 1:36 am

Gibbs could be up to his old tricks on Twitter but reckons a fractured eye socket for Fulton. Won't read into it until we get confirmation from Cuzzo

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 1:40 am

Moltzen played 5/8 and halfback tonight. Benji demanded the ball a lot at 1st receiver. I doubt either of them needed showers after the game, they cruised through it in a pretty relaxed way.

Parra did not put too much effort in tonights showing, but how they did not offer Joel REDDY a 2012 contract is beyond me.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 1:41 am

TheDen wrote:Gibbs could be up to his old tricks on Twitter but reckons a fractured eye socket for Fulton. Won't read into it until we get confirmation from Cuzzo
It looked more like a viscious head clash than a boot to the face from where I was sitting.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Blackandwhite

Post by Blackandwhite » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 1:48 am

Balmain Bug wrote:Moltzen played 5/8 and halfback tonight. Benji demanded the ball a lot at 1st receiver. I doubt either of them needed showers after the game, they cruised through it in a pretty relaxed way.

Parra did not put too much effort in tonights showing, but how they did not offer Joel REDDY a 2012 contract is beyond me.
Stephen Kearney is a bit out of his depth, I will put my money on him being the first coach to go this year.
Joel was glad to get out of the place and is now training with a professional team and a great coach and he will have a big year.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 2:38 am

Blackandwhite wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:Moltzen played 5/8 and halfback tonight. Benji demanded the ball a lot at 1st receiver. I doubt either of them needed showers after the game, they cruised through it in a pretty relaxed way.

Stephen Kearney is a bit out of his depth, I will put my money on him being the first coach to go this year.
Joel was glad to get out of the place and is now training with a professional team and a great coach and he will have a big year.
I realy thought he'd be a Bellamy clone coming from the Storm. You could make a case that he was dealt a rough hand given he was left with a handful of gereatrics that Daniel Anderson signed. This year is a make or break year for him now he has the team he wants. I'd put my money on Brian Smith to be the first coach sacked. He'd be odds-on

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 2:42 am

Some salivating stuff being written in this thread...

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 6:07 am

cruzer wrote:Not many mentioned how well Reddy went, I think his defense was fantastic they could not get anything past him. He ran the ball hard and he contested bombs as well, great buy and will be a great asset for the club

Posted using RoarFEED
That's why they have him earmarked to be the starting fullback for Round 1, ahead of the young Tedesco

alistair

Post by alistair » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 6:43 am

Thanks to all for the updates... all sounds promising... AND like we have cover is most positions this year.

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 9:21 am

As far as Reddy goes, I thought he played very well. Showed great commitment and go forward, and had a no nonsense approach to his defence.

It wa just a shame he didn't get any chances in open space. Would have liked to see how much of his speed he has retained with his added muscle mass from the off season.

Posted using RoarFEED