no 24.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 7 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Blue Tongue Stadium
Telecast: None
AmericanHistoryX

no 24.

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 12:27 pm

24 was the player of the number who races to the clear against parra in the last 2 minutes of play, was set to score, no one in front of him, raced to the tryline, dived and dropped the ball. does anyone know who that player was?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

benji#6

Post by benji#6 » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 12:28 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:24 was the player of the number who races to the clear against parra in the last 2 minutes of play, was set to score, no one in front of him, raced to the tryline, dived and dropped the ball. does anyone know who that player was?
Dane Chisolm

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 12:50 pm

Very embarrassing error from Dane!! Tried to look too flashy and dived way before the tryline. The force of hitting the ground propelled the ball out of his grasp.

With no video ref it was never going to be awarded with a try- and so it shouldn't.

I hope he learns from that mistake as he looked electric in the BRET game.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 1:03 pm

benji#6 wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:24 was the player of the number who races to the clear against parra in the last 2 minutes of play, was set to score, no one in front of him, raced to the tryline, dived and dropped the ball. does anyone know who that player was?
Dane Chisolm
thanks benji. how embarrasing.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 1:17 pm

Ive seen players do that and they lose the ball before hitting the deck...too much effort in the big lairy dive and ball control goes out the window

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 1:18 pm

Aside from that though it sounds like he had a big night. Would he be a sufficient stand in for Marshall if he were unlucky enough to be out for an extended period of time?
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

willow

Post by willow » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 3:00 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Aside from that though it sounds like he had a big night. Would he be a sufficient stand in for Marshall if he were unlucky enough to be out for an extended period of time?
I would think so CB. He's good on his feet, has good pace and he can tackle. Definitely not in the same league as Benji as far as ballplaying is concerned, but he is an attacking player and one that can handle FG IMO.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 3:46 pm

He looked dangerous every time he touched the ball. He was pulled down inches from the line on two occasions for BRET. I think he may be a better prospect than Moltzen but am concerned that his style of play is too similar to Benji.

Willow, did u see Rudolph in the under 20's?? He is a Benji clone and looks o be a very good prospect. Paasi was also a standout.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 5:22 pm

was a fan of him in u/20's. have to wait and see how he develops

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 5:40 pm

I thought Dane Chisholm was a recuit from Melb Storm?? I may be wrong. I also liked the look of #13 in the U20s. All up I was really impressed with the fitness levels of the boys in each game. Parra looked a rabble by comparison, I thought.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 5:44 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:He looked dangerous every time he touched the ball. He was pulled down inches from the line on two occasions for BRET. I think he may be a better prospect than Moltzen but am concerned that his style of play is too similar to Benji.

Willow, did u see Rudolph in the under 20's?? He is a Benji clone and looks o be a very good prospect. Paasi was also a standout.
Saw them the week before at Concord. Will check them out again next week at Campbelltown, there's some talent in the NYC side.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 6:49 pm

LCA wrote:I thought Dane Chisholm was a recuit from Melb Storm?? I may be wrong. I also liked the look of #13 in the U20s. All up I was really impressed with the fitness levels of the boys in each game. Parra looked a rabble by comparison, I thought.
yes he is from the storm. i was referring to when he played 20's for them

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 7:25 pm

I feel a bit sorry for Dane, I did something many years ago in a harold matthews game, I slowed down and was ambling to put the ball under the post, half show boating and got smashed by a bloke I didn't see a good 4 or 5 secs after i crossed the line and dropped it, it is a mistake you only make once, no more show boating around try line....embarrassing to say the least.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 8:03 pm

The worst was Michael Witt for 8th placed Warriors vs 1st placed Storm in Week 1 of 2008 Finals.

With 2 minutes to go Storm are up but Warriors make a break and go all the way, Witt makes it to the tryline but shows off and only just gets the ball down in time to win. Very close to not getting the ball down and his side being knocked out of the comp.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 8:58 pm

I thought Dane Chisholm was a standout last night in the early trial .Combined very well with Marc Russell .The Balmain Ryde Eastwood side looked particularly well drilled .The fullback Linc Port was another to catch my eye.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah Phantom Russell looked good didn't he? Does anyone know where he has come from? He reminded me very much of Scott Prince.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 9:24 pm

Dane certainly looks quality. He was behind a lot of good players at the storm and I'm guessing he might not have been able to get the money he deserved with their cap issues.

Exactly the type of fringe player you want to buy. I would put him in the same bucket as when we bought Daniella - who really put some pressure on Blake to hold his spot.

Benjirific

Post by Benjirific » Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:15 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:Yeah Phantom Russell looked good didn't he? Does anyone know where he has come from? He reminded me very much of Scott Prince.
Russell is a Balmain junior, played Junior Reps and Flegg a few years ago but never really kicked on. Has been around the Bundy Cup circles and A Grade I believe. Always had talent but trouble was his defence.

It will be interesting to see how he goes.