ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 14 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: None
hellman

Re: Sheens happy with Marshall-Moltzen combination

Post by hellman » Sun 08 Apr, 2012 3:51 pm

This is exactly what I don't get.

They had 3 games (I think) as a combination during which our forwards were struggling and all of a sudden because we don't have a fullback Moltzen gets pushed back to fullback.

TigersFan4Life

Post by TigersFan4Life » Thu 20 Sep, 2012 12:43 pm

Discussion Bot wrote:From WestsTigers.com.au

With his halves partnership settled, Wests Tigers Head Coach Tim Sheens is working hard to make sure the combination of Benji Marshall and Tim Moltzen is once again a deadly one.

Sheens has declared Moltzen will start the season at half-back after playing him at full-back for the majority of last season. The departure of Robert Lui has led to Sheens shifting Moltzen back to his preferred number 7 jersey.

The Marshall-Moltzen halves combination has proven very successful in the past. They will have one final chance to work on their partnership in the Foundation Cup trial match against Sydney Roosters at Campbelltown Sports Stadium this Saturday night before next month’s season kick-off.

“It is a combination I am happy with. I’ve given Tim that role right through the pre-season so he is not in two minds as to what I wanted,’’ Sheens said.

“I told him 7 and that’s where he needs to be focused and has done all his work. I’m pretty comfortable.

“He and Marshall are very close and Benji won’t dominate him which he has a habit of doing with other young players, like he did with Robert Lui.

“They will complement one another but Tim is a slightly different player to Lui so we have got to adjust our game a touch. Tim has got plenty of pace and he showed that with the running down of Chris Sandow over 80 metres (last Saturday night).

“I believe I have the quickest pair of halves in the game. Tim has a certain set of skills that we need to adjust our game a little bit around that.”
My, how things change!!!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 22 Sep, 2012 11:52 pm

Further proof that the guy is a fraud

Rambo2714

Post by Rambo2714 » Sun 23 Sep, 2012 8:50 am

That was before he lost his 1st and 2nd choice fullbacks James Tedesco and Mitch Brown ...

I thought Moltz was the best choice for FB with what was left

If Moltz remained half back , who would you have had at Fullback ?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Wests for life !

TigersFan4Life

Post by TigersFan4Life » Tue 25 Sep, 2012 11:09 am

Beau is a better FB than Moltzen ever has been.

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 25 Sep, 2012 11:33 am

True that TF4L....

We can only guess how the season may have eventuated if Beau was moved and Moltz remained half where he trained all off season.

Anyway, ancient history now.