Kickoff: Saturday 14 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: None
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: LIVE game thread

Post by smeghead » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 11:09 am

One point that did interest me is that both halves played outside the centres from kick off

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 11:16 am

This could be possibly the best thing ever for this season, A reminder that it takes sustained hard work to bring these supposed easier games home....

My only fear for 2012 is the favourite tag.

EDIT- fixed up the typos

21sixers

Post by 21sixers » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 11:17 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:BTW was I the only one who noticed we actually used the bomb tonight? We put up three in first 20 minutes alone and scored off one of them.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
haha i was there and noticed this same thing. i posted a thread last year puzzled at why its not something we use in our kicking game? but yeah glad to see its an option we might use more in 2012.
on other things..
bennji had a blinder and his conversions were on point!The way he played was so fitting seeing as the first time he touched the ball some rooster had the balls to scream out from behind me OVERATED! lmao when he went on to play like he did :lol:
blood sweat and ...beers

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 11:46 am

21sixers wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:BTW was I the only one who noticed we actually used the bomb tonight? We put up three in first 20 minutes alone and scored off one of them.

haha i was there and noticed this same thing. i posted a thread last year puzzled at why its not something we use in our kicking game? but yeah glad to see its an option we might use more in 2012.
on other things..
bennji had a blinder and his conversions were on point!The way he played was so fitting seeing as the first time he touched the ball some rooster had the balls to scream out from behind me OVERATED! lmao when he went on to play like he did :lol:
Possibly now that we have someone who could actually catch one (Tedesco) we may use this option more

Then again we got two tries from bombs that were caught on the full last season (Fulton and MacKinnon)

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 12:19 pm

If every other teams scores arsy tries off kicks, we should too. With someone like Tedesco there now to catch them, it's a viable option and another variation in our attacking arsenal.

Glad Smeg mentioned Bell. Few other people bagging him but he impressed me, especially defensively. Made some decent metres I thought too. Would love to see his stats.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 12:31 pm

The true value of Bell won't be seen until we start playing legit games.

A guy who can come on and just do the job at first change and in the tiring sections towards the back end is invaluable

Blackandwhite

Post by Blackandwhite » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 1:28 pm

I thought Bell went OK, he did get a good offload away admittedly it was to an opposition player.

Utai to me is frustrating to watch you just never know what mistake will be next. Ryan positions well for last tackle options and has the speed to come up if they run the ball or go back for a kick. Utai looked to be in big trouble turning and chasing kicks.

One more thing Utai ran the ball back with Tedesco in support and rather than taking the line on he passed to Tedesco who got smashed. Tedesco in the second half did the same thing rather than run the ball passed to Ryan. It looked very Moltz like from last year. Maybe they are told to do it, I would rather they took the line on and draw or beat a man before passing for no reason.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 4:06 pm

willow wrote:
smeghead wrote:Tedesco played very well.

Farah, lawrence & Brown were all rusty in their various game times during the day.

Bell was the standout for mine along with Woods in the forwards.

We looked to be trying out alot of things along with going through the motions of applying pressure through repeat sets.

Brian Smith is a goober of the highest order. First with the whole team change and secondly with his quick fire rotation of front rowers, gave them short spurts when they should have had time in their legs in a game situation.

Was dissapointed Moors did not get a run even though he was sat on the bench.

The most important thing was NO INJURIES
x2 Smeg. Couldn't help but shake my head as the Roosters did a gridiron changeover after 20 minutes. Moors deserved a run, he was the best forward on the field for Balmain and looks fitter and leaner than last year.

I have to say the Tigers looked to play well within themselves and went side to side a bit too often. The passing game was pretty good but if the team focused more on go forward I think they would have come away with the points. As it stands, if Benji and Nathan Waters didn't miss one on one tackles so poorly the Tigers would have retained the Foundation Cup. At the end of the day they didn't seem too concerned about that as opposed to gaining some match fitness and work on some combos. The Roosters played to their strength which was using their size up the middle. Some seriously big units in that squad but I think they lack the skill to trouble the top sides.
Lol at Brian Smith. Ill be the first to admit ive had my moments with Sheens and doubted whether he should be our coach, but thank god Brian Smith isnt our coach. He used to torment the Parra players with txt messages at all hours of the day talking crap, then he did the same at Newcastle, and just recently i heard he's doing it again at the Roosters txting Minichiello at like 1am, saying stuff like "are u thinking about football"......the guy is psycho
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tommy Magpie

Post by Tommy Magpie » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 6:35 am

Thanks for the updates wtfl1981. Much appreciated.
wtfl1981 wrote:I intend to post live score updates here from the ground for tonights match for those interested