LIVE game thread

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 14 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: None
Coasttiger

Re: LIVE game thread

Post by Coasttiger » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:27 pm

The crowd we had in Gosford was actually over 13000 last week.

Bring more games here and we will keep on turning up.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:30 pm

steven_tiger wrote:
tiger rat wrote:Terrible effort should have won that so easy, going to be a very long season.
No wonder you have -79 rep points.

:brick:

It was a TRIAL!

In '05 we didn't win any of them.

As everyone said, who cares about the result. It's a Mickey Mouse game. All you want to see in no injuries. Real stuff starts in two weeks, and I have no doube we'll be ready for the Sharks.
pretty lame steven , what can you buy with reputation points? but i agree its only a trial .

Post by 851 » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:31 pm

Trial or not,it is our last hit out before the season starts,we need to learn how to close out games or we are not going to win the end of season games.Lets hope this makes them hungry for the Sharks game,but beating a dissappointing Eels side and losing to Easts,is not premiership favourite form.
Go hard or go home

joe's magpies

Post by joe's magpies » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:31 pm

People it's a trial. Stop slashing your wrists over the result.

It's a laugh how some people treat the result so seriously.

mrbates78

Post by mrbates78 » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:32 pm

some things never change...cant close out a game, and always seem to struggle against the roosters. oh well, bring on rd1!

mosco

Post by mosco » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:32 pm

That's one 4da roosters two more season games to dicide the cup!!

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:42 pm

So what happened in the second half?
Did we switch off? or was there alot of replacements?
I'm just glad no injuries.
I agree with the earlier post that its a good thing to lose a trial to get these guys heads out of the papers and into the game for the sharks.

Looking forward to the youtube highlights to see Tedesco and Ryan killing it until the implosion....

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:47 pm

Couldn't really care less that we lost this, even if it was to Easts.

Three main things:

1. No one got hurt;
2. Tedesco had a blinder by the sounds of things;
3. It's a trial. No point in taking stock on a lost trial.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:51 pm

Was at the game tonight - couple of observations I made -

The roosters fielded the equivalent of approx 2.4 teams - I think I counted almost 40 players they used. The team named on the flyer was COMPLETELY different to the team who ran out. 1-13 were all different players.

Tigers used 13+5 on bench, plus poilitini, brown, waters, Junior Moors, and a forward from BRET I couldn't recgonise (a young islander kid, clean cut lad) - so in total we fielded 23.

23 players vs 40 players.

* Our usual guns were good - Marshall, Ellis, Farah - Farah spent the last 10-15 mins on the bike right in front of me resting his groin.

* Tedesco was great. Constantly caused havoc, broke the line a few times, made one really clean break, scored a brilliant try in the first 90 seconds.

* Moltzen and Marshall in the first half were very dangerous down our right side - as was Ayshford - he caused all sorts of dramas all night, and put Beau Ryan over for three tries.

* Leading into halftime where the rooster scored two late tries to make it 18-16 we had the following players on the bench - Galloway, Woods, Farah, Ellis and Blair, Fulton, Humble and Utai - so make of that what you will.

Tiger Rat is an idiot and obviously wasn't at the game - they coasted along in the last 20 minutes, and the bench was the most relaxed place to have been sitting in the whole of Campbelltown. Sheens wasn't there (he'd been in the stands for the previous three games) and Payten and Skando were running the show on the bench, and could have been mistaken for sitting on the lounge at home watching a movie.

I usually hate it when people say "its only a trial" but considering I was sitting first row right behing the bench I could see how they were all reacting to everything, and trust me when I say it -

there is nothing to worry about.

No injuries to report that i could see - Farah had his groin taped but looks comfortable and at ease in the bench area.
Last edited by underdog on Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:56 pm

tiger rat wrote:Terrible effort should have won that so easy, going to be a very long season.
BIG DAMO IS BACK! YAY!

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:59 pm

Sounds all positive..good hit out/no injuries didn't get a thrashing the perfect trial IMO ! a lot of new faces ect a win is always good but on the other hand you go all out in a trial to get a win and maybe pick up injuries bring on 2012 .I'm hoping that the mental block of not being able to sustain a lead has been rectified the season proper will tell all ......good luck guys for the coming season.!

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:00 pm

Only drama going into Rd 1 is left winger. Even Lawrence would struggle to make Reddy or Utai look good after tonight's efforts. I was sitting front row on Reddys side 2nd half. He has no idea in defence.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:05 pm

btw - Brown was AWESOME for BRET - Grant was... meh - and Brown only played 40 minutes.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:08 pm

Glad to hear Brown went well iv always liked him but Tedesco offers a heap more in attack and I think wins the fullback battle for Rd 1.

steven_tiger

Post by steven_tiger » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:12 pm

What position did Brown play?

TigerDave81

Post by TigerDave81 » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:12 pm

Some of u guys are talking like we just lost a semi!! Saw a few posts before seeing the FT score I thought we got pumped by 30, only to see us lose by 4!!! I was at last weeks game and saw enough to say we will have a great year. Knowing Sheens, he would have been seeing all the hype about the team in the media and told them to go easy, maybe even let the roosters win and take some pressure off us going into round 1. We have no injuries which is fantastic, Farah had a run and will get better, Marshall sounds like his primed for a massive year, our forward pack will grow into a powerhouse, we've unearthed Tedesco and we've got depth in the back line like we've never had. Losing to the Roosters who played 40 players and only beat us by 4 is no reason to doubt what we should achieve this year!! I can't wait for Round 1!!!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm pretty sure Fulton was on the field late in first half, pretty sure it was him who missed a tackle that lead to a try.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:16 pm

BTW was I the only one who noticed we actually used the bomb tonight? We put up three in first 20 minutes alone and scored off one of them.