Very small crowd at Campbelltown tonight.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 14 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: None
Flippedy

Re: Very small crowd at Campbelltown tonight.

Post by Flippedy » Tue 21 Feb, 2012 6:15 pm

So, let me get this straight. The Wests Tigers always seem to draw a good crowd at Leichhardt, but not at Campbelltown - is this correct? If yes, than why don't all those who pack out Leichhardt, regularly, travel over to Campbelltown when we're playing there and pack it out as well? The last time I checked both grounds had a similar capacity.

Of course, it's always the aim to drum up new supporters in the larger area, but I can't help thinking that, if our regular supporter base (which I believe is quite large) would just travel to both grounds to support the team, then we wouldn't be having this discussion - and we have the hide to have go at other teams' supporters for not travelling!

Apologies if I'm over-simplifying it, but that's just how it sits with me.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 21 Feb, 2012 6:31 pm

Flippedy wrote:So, let me get this straight. The Wests Tigers always seem to draw a good crowd at Leichhardt, but not at Campbelltown - is this correct? If yes, than why don't all those who pack out Leichhardt, regularly, travel over to Campbelltown when we're playing there and pack it out as well? The last time I checked both grounds had a similar capacity.

Of course, it's always the aim to drum up new supporters in the larger area, but I can't help thinking that, if our regular supporter base (which I believe is quite large) would just travel to both grounds to support the team, then we wouldn't be having this discussion - and we have the hide to have go at other teams' supporters for not travelling!

Its that kind of mentality that makes you think some people believe that the only people who go to C'town are ex-Wests fans and the only people who go to Leichardt are ex-Balmain fans. If we draw poor crowds then WT fans as a whole should be held accountable, not just one section

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 21 Feb, 2012 6:43 pm

Scheduling has really slapped the CSS attendances around over the last few years.

Monday night games and Friday night games are always going to struggle to gain proper attendances because of the travel involved (That said with Daylight Savings it pulls decent numbers of locals on Mondays) and the dreaded M5

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Tue 21 Feb, 2012 6:46 pm

Flippedy wrote:So, let me get this straight. The Wests Tigers always seem to draw a good crowd at Leichhardt, but not at Campbelltown - is this correct? If yes, than why don't all those who pack out Leichhardt, regularly, travel over to Campbelltown when we're playing there and pack it out as well? The last time I checked both grounds had a similar capacity.

Going by last years crowd figure Flippedy, I think you'll find both grounds attracted similar crowds.
In fact I'm pretty sure CSS drew slightly more. SFS attracted the most due to having the blockbuster matches

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 21 Feb, 2012 9:52 pm

Saturday Evening or Sunday football best suits Campbelltown. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get there in time for kick off on a Friday night or Monday night unless you work in Campbelltown.

Otherwise, 8pm should be the kick off time for both Friday and Monday nights.

But I still feel there is alot of opportunity just waiting to be harnessed in that area. From what parents tell me, they will open up to any club that adopts them down there, they are just waiting to do so. The recent schools visit was a great thing but we need to build on that with an actual presence down there on occasions.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 21 Feb, 2012 10:02 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Saturday Evening or Sunday football best suits Campbelltown. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get there in time for kick off on a Friday night or Monday night unless you work in Campbelltown.

But I still feel there is alot of opportunity just waiting to be harnessed in that area. From what parents tell me, they will open up to any club that adopts them down there, they are just waiting to do so. The recent schools visit was a great thing but we need to build on that with an actual presence down there on occasions.
How many ''parents'' did you canvass to come to this conclusion?

You do realize the crowd was on a par the other night, with last years game and Penriths game.
It was a normal sized crowd

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 21 Feb, 2012 10:23 pm

Ink. It needs to be better. We are the best team in the comp (just arent coached well) so we need to have the best Sydney following. Our membership numbers are embaressing.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 22 Feb, 2012 2:44 am

Balmain Bug wrote:Ink. It needs to be better. We are the best team in the comp (just arent coached well) so we need to have the best Sydney following. Our membership numbers are embaressing.
The only thing embarrassing is your constant whinging and obvious, but ultimately futile vendetta you have against the coach, namely Tim Sheens, and the CEO, namely Stephen Humphreys. No one finds this "Fonz" and "Fib" crap funny. It's simply juvenile and something I'd expect from a teenager. And to suggest the Tigers are not coached well...I wonder what the likes of Farah, Marshall, Lawrence, Ellis and Blair would say to such a comment? :crazy

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 22 Feb, 2012 8:24 am

Balmain Bug wrote:Saturday Evening or Sunday football best suits Campbelltown. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get there in time for kick off on a Friday night or Monday night unless you work in Campbelltown.

Where do you work? Dubbo?

I always manage to get there on time on a work day and I don't work or live in Campbelltown. My missus catches the train home from the city and I pick her up from Penriff station and I can still make it on time.

Won't bother addressing the second part of your post, as Ink has already nailed it.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

batboy

Post by batboy » Wed 22 Feb, 2012 9:13 am

That's a JOKE!! I live 280kms from C'Town.... I seem to have no hassle getting there, M5 and all!!
But then again, I'm not sitting at home drafting my next tirade of abuse and personal attacks on our Senior staff!!
First we aren't out there enough, Then we don't have enough games there.... Now the games we DO have are at inconvenient times!!
I guess there's just no pleasing some folk???
I wonder when this distaste for our coach started?? He took over in 2003, 2004 we won the world 7's, 2005 we won the big one... Things have been a little quiet since then!! The last 2 years we have had nothing to whinge about, Bar that 2 minutes of onfield stupidity that lead to losing the Roosters final, the Dragons final, and last year, The Warriors game....
If you are saying that is Humpty or Sheensys fault you really are Dillusional!!

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 22 Feb, 2012 5:13 pm

Where were all these parents when the Magpies were in town ..I shall tell nowhere !!! .Just crasping at straws!

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Wed 22 Feb, 2012 8:13 pm

Can you people stay on the topic please and stop directly attacking me.

Thank you.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 22 Feb, 2012 8:15 pm

I'll try again.

How many ''parents'' did you canvass to come to this conclusion?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 22 Feb, 2012 8:24 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Can you people stay on the topic please and stop directly attacking me.

Thank you.
Most of these posts are on topic. You said that Monday and Friday nights are hard to commute to CSS. I disagreed with reasons I feel are relevant. Every ground is "out of my way." But I usually get around to every ground most years.

You said you canvassed parents in the area and they said they will adopt anyone who makes an effort. Ink made a valid point and asked how many. The WT are with a school blitz in Campbelltown and Group 6.

These aren't personal attacks, they're valid questions contrary to your argument.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Lovemytigers

Post by Lovemytigers » Wed 22 Feb, 2012 9:13 pm

Sorry to disagree, but it's not IMPOSSIBLE to get to Campbelltown in time for Friday or Monday if you don't work in the area. I lived and worked in Newcastle and made it on time for ALL Campbelltown games for the last two years.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Wed 22 Feb, 2012 9:39 pm

Lovemytigers wrote:

Sorry to disagree, but it's not IMPOSSIBLE to get to Campbelltown in time for Friday or Monday if you don't work in the area. I lived and worked in Newcastle and made it on time for ALL Campbelltown games for the last two years.
What time did you finish work ??? 1pm ??? :lol:

willow

Post by willow » Thu 23 Feb, 2012 3:02 am

More than enough posts have been deleted in this thread which is a shame.