Very small crowd at Campbelltown tonight.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 14 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: None
GNR4LIFE

Re: Very small crowd at Campbelltown tonight.

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 1:09 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:If you go back through the 30 years combined history of Wests Magpies and the Wests Tigers at CSS, and review crowd attendances, it's not hard to work out...

More people would've turned up in Brisbane tonight to watch this game...

The only mistake Humphreys made was moving this game... It was a poor business decision and he needs to accept accountability for that. His job isn't to appease small minded factions, it's to drive revenue and moving this game has failed.

Move forward Humpty, and stop listening to peanuts!
So, by 'peanuts' are you referring to the whole population of C'town? wether you meant it or not, that comment could easily be interpreted at as a swipe at the entire C'town community. I've noticed crowd figures for other trials have been posted and they aren't any higher. Like i said earlier, the game wouldn't have attracted any bigger of a crowd than if it was at Leichardt or even the SFS. It's unfair to take a swipe at C'town when the crowd numbers were no different then anywhere else around Sydeny

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 1:29 pm

The Wife and i were there and considering the last trial at C'town was against parra, with around 10K attendance, who have a lot more "game going supporters" than the roosters i thought it was a pretty good turn out.

I do have a lot of mates that are tigers supporters & roosters supporters that just won't travel to c'town due to the reputation (as misguided as that is) & the distance.

I thought it was a good turn out and the leagues club had more life in it than usual as well. Bring on the first few rounds and lets worry about it then.

markotiger

Post by markotiger » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 1:30 pm

Can someone please explain why I'm bothering to read every page of this thread?

Yeah sure the crowd turnout was a bit disappointing, but at the end of the day its a trial match, and it is a bit expensive for a "practice" match.

My uncle, little cousin and I travelled from Ryde to watch the match, which is about 1hour ride there and back, and ended up spending about $100 for tickets, food and drink.. We ended up buying a reserved family pass and I even had trouble giving away a free child ticket!

But at the end of the day, with the end result aside, it was a fun match, great night out, an appetizer for what's to come this year from our beloved Wests Tigers.

Cmon Tigers fans, lets not show rival clubs that we are b#@ching and bickering about this silly issue of Wests VS. Tigers and embrace our club as it is, not as it once was!

Everyone should be salivating at what a fantastic year this is to be, have at look at the team people! GET EXCITED!!!

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 1:43 pm

hubcaps can be stolen from anywhere, i agree. but if you bothered to read my posts in their entirety you'd also see i live 2 hrs away and am not wasting a 4 hour round trip to pay $20 entry to a trial game. its pathetic to blame a 7k crowd at a trial on 2 individuals and let the whole campbelltown district off scott free.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 1:44 pm

What i don't understand is why we blame a section of WT fans for the crowd number being small. Its like some people still think that only ex-Wests fans go to C'town and ex-Balmain fans go to Leichardt. Why do only C'town people get the blame? Its not like fans from the Inner West can't travel. If your going to blame crowd numbers, blame it on ALL Wests Tigers fans, not just a minority

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 1:55 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:What i don't understand is why we blame a section of WT fans for the crowd number being small. Its like some people still think that only ex-Wests fans go to C'town and ex-Balmain fans go to Leichardt. Why do only C'town people get the blame? Its not like fans from the Inner West can't travel. If your going to blame crowd numbers, blame it on ALL Wests Tigers fans, not just a minority
either that, or, we could stop blaming anybody for a change. Just accept the fact it was a trial game and the crowds to these games generally aren't that big no matter where they are played in the metro area.

People have posted their reasons for either making the decision to go to this trial game or not, both sides seem pretty valid to me. Trying to blame somebody for the attendance figures, whether the ceo, fans or chances of having part of your car pinched seems a little bit sad to me.

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 2:12 pm

markotiger wrote:Can someone please explain why I'm bothering to read every page of this thread?

Yeah sure the crowd turnout was a bit disappointing, but at the end of the day its a trial match, and it is a bit expensive for a "practice" match.

My uncle, little cousin and I travelled from Ryde to watch the match, which is about 1hour ride there and back, and ended up spending about $100 for tickets, food and drink.. We ended up buying a reserved family pass and I even had trouble giving away a free child ticket!

But at the end of the day, with the end result aside, it was a fun match, great night out, an appetizer for what's to come this year from our beloved Wests Tigers.

Cmon Tigers fans, lets not show rival clubs that we are b#@ching and bickering about this silly issue of Wests VS. Tigers and embrace our club as it is, not as it once was!

Everyone should be salivating at what a fantastic year this is to be, have at look at the team people! GET EXCITED!!!

Well said, Markotiger! I'm so glad I went out to the game yesterday and wasn't sitting at home reading all this whining and whinging - it's getting very depressing people! :sign:

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 2:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:If you go back through the 30 years combined history of Wests Magpies and the Wests Tigers at CSS, and review crowd attendances, it's not hard to work out...

The only mistake Humphreys made was moving this game... It was a poor business decision and he needs to accept accountability for that. His job isn't to appease small minded factions, it's to drive revenue and moving this game has failed.

So, by 'peanuts' are you referring to the whole population of C'town? wether you meant it or not, that comment could easily be interpreted at as a swipe at the entire C'town community. I've noticed crowd figures for other trials have been posted and they aren't any higher. Like i said earlier, the game wouldn't have attracted any bigger of a crowd than if it was at Leichardt or even the SFS. It's unfair to take a swipe at C'town when the crowd numbers were no different then anywhere else around Sydeny
My post was aimed at the poor business decision to move this game by Humphreys. It was pretty obvious this game was moved as a result of media spin created by a small minded faction group.

Maybe you have a complex that people refer to the population of your community as peanuts? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 2:30 pm

Quite honestly Bug I couldn't give a crap if the public from the West turn up or not. The reality is Wests Tigers are the club and they are there to support or not, it's up to you. You have done nothing but criticize, abuse to the point that you are a joke and are giving the entire Western Suburbs a bad name.

I for one WILL be going to the game and to be honest if smaller crowds means less small minded idiots like you then bring on 2012

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 2:32 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

My post was aimed at the poor business decision to move this game by Humphreys. It was pretty obvious this game was moved as a result of media spin created by a small minded faction group.

Maybe you have a complex that people refer to the population of your community as peanuts? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't live in C'town Watto so no complex there

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 2:54 pm

mtd wrote:hubcaps can be stolen from anywhere, i agree. but if you bothered to read my posts in their entirety you'd also see i live 2 hrs away and am not wasting a 4 hour round trip to pay $20 entry to a trial game. its pathetic to blame a 7k crowd at a trial on 2 individuals and let the whole campbelltown district off scott free.
If you think going to games is wasting your time, paying your entry like everyone else...then I guess we all wasted our time.
Cambos a long way from me too...dont go if you dont wanna go....but lame excuses are just that, lame.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 3:25 pm

innsaneink wrote:
mtd wrote:hubcaps can be stolen from anywhere, i agree. but if you bothered to read my posts in their entirety you'd also see i live 2 hrs away and am not wasting a 4 hour round trip to pay $20 entry to a trial game. its pathetic to blame a 7k crowd at a trial on 2 individuals and let the whole campbelltown district off scott free.
If you think going to games is wasting your time, paying your entry like everyone else...then I guess we all wasted our time.
Cambos a long way from me too...dont go if you dont wanna go....but lame excuses are just that, lame.
i never once said it was a 'waste of time'... i'd just prefer go to games at other locations...

your suggesting that travel, pricing and having other things to do is a 'lame excuse'... well how many games do you go to in brisbane, canberra, NZ, UK (WCC).. have you been to all of them? ofcourse not, your so full of lame excuses man.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 3:28 pm

So putting all the crap aside about the crowd and the yellow jumpers were there any injury concerns ?

Posted using RoarFEED

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 3:35 pm

No muff...good eh?
Jordan Marshall hurt himself warming up...thats about it

My wheels were still on my car but there was a massive bird crap on the windscreen

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 3:36 pm

Why are you blaming the C'twon community? why not blame the entire WT fan base? everyone should be accountable, not just a minority.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 3:38 pm

innsaneink wrote:No muff...good eh?
Jordan Marshall hurt himself warming up...thats about it

My wheels were still on my car but there was a massive bird crap on the windscreen
ink, no ones going to steel the wheels off a Datsun 180b now are they ? hehe
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 3:49 pm

What a stupid thread. It was a trial. No one cares. The kids are still in the pool.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 3:58 pm

Original poster, your'e an embarrassment.