Very small crowd at Campbelltown tonight.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 14 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: None
willow

Re: Very small crowd at Campbelltown tonight.

Post by willow » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 3:58 pm

Staks wrote:Geez what a over reaction :lol: It's a trial for F-sake :wtf

Wests Tigers have the biggest band wagon supporters in the NRL. Why are people so surprised at the turn out for a trial game. Most won't start turning up to games until about round 15 and then tell everyone they are staunch fans and have supported the club since 1969!!

Heck the facebook page has close to 70k members yet less than 10% of those are members.

Get over it you jibberers.

:sign:
Try telling Bug that.

Staks

Post by Staks » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 4:33 pm

Keep up the good work Bug. The next ouzo is on me megale. ;)

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 4:52 pm

A couple of things that come to mind from a former Balmain fan who has been a WT fan from day one and has a full membership, and has attended all four pre-season games.

Perhaps this does open up the question on whether Campbelltown really is the "honey pot" that some people claim.

Yes there is a big junior nursery no doubting that.

But lets look at the regions indisputable history supporting a rugby league team in the top tier competition -

Wests would have missed the NRL criteria.

Home crowds for the Magpies and corporate support was always fairly low.

This was when the area had a 100% living and breathing franchise.

Now they have to share a team with an "inner city" club, I guarantee many local people in the Macarthur will always feel (probably just as they did with Wests) that this was a team from "outside" and not there own.

I live pretty much half way between Leichhardt/SFS and Campbelltown at Padstow and let me tell you if you are going to see NRL merchandise here it will be a WT's product.

Now something I notice consistently driving to and from games on the M5 down to Campbelltown is the number of WT's license plates and stickers on cars.

What I would like to know is whether official figures have been taken by the club on where our supporters live.

For example at a Campbelltown match with a crowd of say 12,000 people can we say anecdotally that (if we were playing another Sydney team) there might be 4000 opposition supporters. Of the 8000 leftover how many people have travelled from a suburb outside of Campbelltown?

Are we only trying to forge a place in the Macarthur to satisfy 2-3000 fans?

How about membership numbers, what's the split of Macarthur people?

Regarding the issue of training in Campbelltown - net result for a whole lot of trouble is zero.

And a question for Balmain Bug - from the bottom of your heart do you believe even if the WT's became the Campbelltown Tigers that the Macarthur people would embrace them?

I think its time we started to put questions to the Wests side of the merger, the Macarthur business community, Campbelltown City council, and Macarthur people regarding their performance and history supporting a franchise, show us why we should have a greater presence in this area!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 5:18 pm

All because we got an on par crowd for this game in this month?
Overkill imo

The data on where our members live though is interesting, they would have that...would love to see it.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 6:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
mtd wrote:hubcaps can be stolen from anywhere, i agree. but if you bothered to read my posts in their entirety you'd also see i live 2 hrs away and am not wasting a 4 hour round trip to pay $20 entry to a trial game. its pathetic to blame a 7k crowd at a trial on 2 individuals and let the whole campbelltown district off scott free.
Why are you blaming the C'twon community? why not blame the entire WT fan base? everyone should be accountable, not just a minority.
im not blaming the campbelltown community, obviously it was an individual/s with nothing better to do. but it happened when i was in campbelltown, not when i was at home, leichardt or the sfs... the reference to 'letting the district of scot free' is referring to the post by balmain bug suggesting it was sheens and Humphreys fault that there were 7k at the game.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 6:16 pm

Ironically my car was broken into and the stereo stolen when I was at a game at where??? Leichhardt Oval!!! :)

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 7:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:No muff...good eh?
Jordan Marshall hurt himself warming up...thats about it

My wheels were still on my car but there was a massive bird crap on the windscreen
Thanks Ink, yeah good news in the injury front.

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 7:40 pm

helmesy wrote:Ironically my car was broken into and the stereo stolen when I was at a game at where??? Leichhardt Oval!!! :)
Appreciate your honesty Helmesy,

tigerkaz

Post by tigerkaz » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 9:25 pm

:( All this whinging about western suburbs magpies v Balmain Tigers is doing my head in. After 12 years you would think that people would be over it. the fact is we are the WESTS TIGERS now and we need to band together. No matter where you come from, what race you are or if you sip latte or suck down a beer,West Tigers are our team. Just because you live in campbelltown doesn't mean you have to go for the Tigers thats a really silly view to have. Before i started using this forum i was blissfully unaware of such great division this team seems to have.It makes me a little ashamed that my fellow Wests Tigers supporters are so narrow minded in this day and age.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 9:35 pm

tigerkaz wrote::( All this whinging about western suburbs magpies v Balmain Tigers is doing my head in. After 12 years you would think that people would be over it. the fact is we are the WESTS TIGERS now and we need to band together. No matter where you come from, what race you are or if you sip latte or suck down a beer,West Tigers are our team. Just because you live in campbelltown doesn't mean you have to go for the Tigers thats a really silly view to have. Before i started using this forum i was blissfully unaware of such great division this team seems to have.It makes me a little ashamed that my fellow Wests Tigers supporters are so narrow minded in this day and age.
Just try and ignore it Kaz. Plenty of other good threads but you're spot on.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 9:58 pm

Wests Tigers have the biggest band wagon supporters in the NRL. Why are people so surprised at the turn out for a trial game. Most won't start turning up to games until about round 15 and then tell everyone they are staunch fans and have supported the club since 1969!!

Heck the facebook page has close to 70k members yet less than 10% of those are members.

What a load of bullcrap Staks. Theres Wests Tigers fans all over this country. I would wager more outside of Sydney than in it.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 10:39 pm

My wheels were still on my car but there was a massive bird crap on the windscreen
Bloody Magpies ;)
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 11:43 pm

Why are people turning this into a Wests Vs Balmain thread ? Anyone who does this should go post somewhere else.
We are one, double the power, double the excitement !!!

Now, back on topic, For only 7000 fans to turn up in a population area of 500,000 people, you would think that there must be a problem somewhere. How many of the 7000 where from Liverpool, Campbelltown, Camden I do not know but you would have to say no more than perhaps 40 or 50%. I just find those figures mind blowing for an exhibition showing off our best players.

People question my passion? The AFL are eating us alive with their crappy game !! Steve HUMPHREYS has the responsibility to brand this entire area but he has achieved little in generating new fans.

Billboards should read,

"You are entering Wests Tigers Territory"

Lets work together. Lets do it. Lets inspire our kids. Lets inspire our people. Fight off the evil AFL empire and WESTS TIGERS FANS unite as one and stop bickering with each other.

Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Frazer4Wests

Post by Frazer4Wests » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 12:20 am

I was there and had a good night.That what counts for me.
West Tigers 2017 Premiers

Montague Street

Post by Montague Street » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 1:00 am

Bug: I worked in Campbelltown from 2004 to 2008. I drove there each day from Rozelle. Most of my workmates lived locally but few followed League and even fewer followed Wests.
Seriously mate, you can't blame Humphreys and Sheens for the fact that Wests only arrived in Campbelltown in the 1980s and therefore, unlike the foundation clubs, can't claim the area as their own.
From my experience the league followers in Campbelltown are like everywhere else: most follow the team their parents followed and a few support the local side.
The Wests Tigers are doing pretty good in trying to connect with the supporter base everywhere

Rugby League: The Game They Play in Hell

gazza

Post by gazza » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 1:49 am

As a guide the new Western Sydney AFL side pulled a similar sized crowd to there trial match apparently.
cheers

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 2:00 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:

Bloody Magpies ;)
It was the Collingwood Magpies not the Wests Magpies Ink and CB

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 2:03 am

stryker wrote:

What a load of bullcrap Staks. Theres Wests Tigers fans all over this country. I would wager more outside of Sydney than in it.
Bloody oath Stryker

The Tigers must pull at least 10000 fans at the Broncos v Wests games in Brisbane Last game i reckon the crowd was almost 50-50