ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 14 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: None
happy tiger

Anyone play themselves out of a spot ??

Post by happy tiger » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:35 pm

Lot of positive mentions about many which is always great to hear

Was there any player that may have played themselves out of the 17 or the starting side ??

willow

Post by willow » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:47 pm

Utai didn't impress tonight. I wasn't sold on Bell or Reddy from what I saw either, but having said that, I can't see BMM displacing either of those guys as he was pretty quiet for Balmain earlier. Junior Moors would be a better option than Bell based on what I saw today. Moors looks to have leaned up and was quite impressive for Balmain I thought. Sat on the bench the whole night though in FG which was a shame.

Justin Carney definitely played his way out of a FG spot for the Roosters though. Poor fella has hands like feet :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:50 pm

Bell impressed me. Won't make much of an impact in attack but does alot of work and his defense is good.

Reddy was not great, nor was Utai. Wing is our weak spot until Lote gets back. I would pick Reddy for round one and hopefully he will go better with a settled line-up.

I appreciate what Utai brings to the side, but his hands can be dreadful.

Blackandwhite

Post by Blackandwhite » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 11:14 pm

Utai and Reddy both disappointing and so was Brown but he had very limited opportunities.
Utai makes too many mistakes and Reddy looked poor in defence.

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 11:16 pm

Did Grant have a run today for BRET? Interested to see how he goes...

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

willow

Post by willow » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 11:18 pm

russelldp wrote:Did Grant have a run today for BRET? Interested to see how he goes...

Got caught out in defence twice which led to Newtown tries. Has promise in attack but his defensive positioning and reading needs work. There's potential there though and he really does move across the ground with ease.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 11:50 pm

Utai started off ok but then made a number of handling silly errors and lacked speed on one occasion when there was an opportunity down the sideline. Reddy was out of sorts in close and out wide. Both these players were trying hard though maybe just not their night.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 12:15 am

Bell is not up to this standard.. Yes he does a fair bit of work but his work standard is average at best.. I see him as a big clod and would be happy to see him out of the side, but trust sheensy if that's wot he thinks is best

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 12:24 am

Bell is crap....runs a good decoy....but thats all he did once again for approx 5 sets continuous...doesnt get involved.
And he stops at the line...Im afraid he dogs it

Nathan Waters got run over by Pearce to score....not 1st grade standard

Utai was average, Lawrence rusty....Galloway's Galloway...he wont change

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 12:31 am

Bell made plenty of hit ups from where I was siting. I'd be interested in his stats. Poor form to say he "dogged it" he was very busy in defense often made two or three tacked in a row in a set.

What do you mean about Galloway ink?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 12:44 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Bell made plenty of hit ups from where I was siting. I'd be interested in his stats. Poor form to say he "dogged it" he was very busy in defense often made two or three tacked in a row in a set.

What do you mean about Galloway ink?

Yeah the Galloway comment had me scratching my head and getting a splinter as well Hybrid

Please explain Ink ??

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 12:47 am

I mean he stops at the line when I said he dogs it

I watched Bell closely for a period....for approxx 5 or 6 sets (us ball, them ball, us ball etc) he did nothing but ran decoys, no tackles, no runs...not good enough....same rubbish at Penrith I noticed once I heard we signed him, hes lazy and I think he copped a rocket cause I did notice 2 runs in one set later....and then the two where he hesitates at the line, I was right in line and he definitely baulked at the defence

Galloway I mean hes just where hes at, I see no difference in him....hes peaked, hes the same, hes good but I'd hope theres more improvement.....long season ahead, plenty of time and I hope both these blokes can lift
I want more from Kilo but I dunno if he's got more.....is what I meant

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 12:58 am

innsaneink wrote:I mean he stops at the line when I said he dogs it

I watched Bell closely for a period....for approxx 5 or 6 sets (us ball, them ball, us ball etc) he did nothing but ran decoys, no tackles, no runs...not good enough....same rubbish at Penrith I noticed once I heard we signed him, hes lazy and I think he copped a rocket cause I did notice 2 runs in one set later....and then the two where he hesitates at the line, I was right in line and he definitely baulked at the defence

Galloway I mean hes just where hes at, I see no difference in him....hes peaked, hes the same, hes good but I'd hope theres more improvement.....long season ahead, plenty of time and I hope both these blokes can lift
I want more from Kilo but I dunno if he's got more.....is what I meant
I suppose my next question Ink is where do you rate Keefy

I would say he is definitely in my top 5 props in the game

I'm guessing you don't rate him as high as that ??

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 1:04 am

Early Days mate....Chris Lawrence is one of my fave players but he looked overweight, slow and very rusty....maybe Im impatient
I just feel galloway can improve, dropping a shoulder might be a start....he gets lifted too often running upright losing all momentum and ending up being pushed back

21sixers

Post by 21sixers » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 10:25 am

A few things to note JOEL REDDY is slow in my eyes acouple of times right in front of me he seemed to labour trying to keep pace with the roosters winger, although the chooks wing was fast! joel reddy should not play wing i'd rather see mitch brown or utai.
Our forwards at times decided to be ball players, but all it did was take momentum off our runs. Keefy just hit up and steam rollem please.
Defense was really our only problem last night, offensivelly we were probally at about 65% in my eyes and we still put plenty on em. Im very glad with how crisp and natural moltz looks in the line he a natural and a few times soooooooo quick .
blood sweat and ...beers

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 10:34 am

Funny how we've all watched the same game, but got completely different ideas on what we saw. I actually thought Bell went okay, saw him make quite a few tackles, but I wasn't side on last night so can't really say what impact his runs had on the chooks defence.

The only guy I've really got issues with is Utai. Terrible hands and he's so easy to kick over, it would be like trying to kick over a traffic cone. Brown would be my only option as a replacement.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 4:05 pm

Utai dropped the ball twice, the first time the ball was knocked out in a pretty solid hit - he stayed down injured for quite a while after.

In the second spill the Roosters player was hanging onto the ball and in the struggle pulled the ball out.

Other than that he was is usual hard to tackle self looking particularly dangerous in that first twenty minute period.

So I think a little fairness has to come into it.

As previously discussed with Bell, he's not a metre eating prop who is going to come on and smash and bash the opposition - just like Bryce Gibbs he's there to stiffen up the middle when the other forwards are getting tired at the end of the halves.

Reddy played predominantly in the back row, he didn't make a big impression - once again I think he's best running in the backs.

I know I have suggested Tedesco should be eased in, I'm happy to say I was very impressed with his display last night, so long as we are prepared to live with the one or two little errors that a rookie fullback will make until he gets 20+ games I'm more than happy for him to get the number one jersey.

Overall the issue to remember here is that the Roosters WANTED to win this, the Tigers appeared to be looking for a tough hit-out and may have hit third gear. You should have heard some of their fans on the way out "our defense was awesome against the best attacking team in the comp" was one comment I heard - I heard another Rooster talking about backing them to win the comp!

If we had wanted to I feel we could have beaten them by 20 which would have only worked to put more pressure on the team now that the real stuff is upon us.

The biggest thing that stood out to me was the awesome abilities of Benji Marshall - unbelievable, Moltzen was also really good, we are going to score heaps of points this year.

So rest easy fellow Tigers fans 2012 is going to be huge!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 4:41 pm

innsaneink wrote:Early Days mate....Chris Lawrence is one of my fave players but he looked overweight, slow and very rusty....maybe Im impatient
I just feel galloway can improve, dropping a shoulder might be a start....he gets lifted too often running upright losing all momentum and ending up being pushed back
I didnt see the game but sounds like exactly what i was saying early last year about Galloway. He's good, does the job, but u cant help but feel or expect a bit more. I was hammered a bit for the comment but i stand by it. The guy has the potential to be great....at the moment he's very good.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS