Anyone play themselves out of a spot ??

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 14 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: None
LaT

Re: Anyone play themselves out of a spot ??

Post by LaT » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 5:12 pm

Props tend to improve as they mature.

Keith is still only 26. I reckon he still has it in him to be great. He hasn't got there yet.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 5:17 pm

Keith threw one bad ball and people are putting him down - unbelievable!

Every season he gets better and better and when the real games are on he will be back to his best.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 5:19 pm

Funny how quickly you fall....last week Utai was being hailed on here as a great player and in everyone's top 17...today he's in the dog house and out of the team!....how quickly we turn...

I for one would like to see Brown fill in for Lote whilst he is injured. I'd have Fulton on the Bench with 3 other forwards...The rest, Utai, Reddy and co can go back to state cup...and only make FG if we have injuries...I agree Reddy and Utai are both is too slow to be in the backs...and we are right for forwards...but hey depth is important...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 5:53 pm

:roll:
You want us to say players went well when they didnt?

Its a long season, players ...all of them will have their ups & downs....thats a FACT

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 6:03 pm

feel free to disagree - this is just my angle from what i saw - didnt see everything. just from last nights game

tedesco - should be full back for round 1
ryan - cemented a wing spot
ayshford - should be playing state of origin
lawrence - rusty - always drops a ball at least once a game
utai - could of done more
marshall - brilliant
moltzen - brilliant
galloway - like Ink says Galloway is Galloway - needs another dimension to his game
farah - brilliant
woods - yeh okay
ellis - nothing to say
blair - refer to ellis
rhino - refer to ellis
fulton - has to be in the 17
groat - still young
bell - will get better
reddy - to be fair he did make some good tackles - plays better in the backs

we saw glimpses of brilliance at Campbelltown last night - how the ball went from one side of the park to the other. it was poetry in motion and worth the price of admission alone.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 6:22 pm

Robbie and Chris Lawrence will be all the better for the hit out. They are both champions. Before a ball was kicked this year I thought we would have a pack to match the best of them, While I haven't given up on that, we still don't have that "big bopper". I thought Blair was bigger than he is, but he is really fit and strong. I think as the season progresses we will come to miss Bryce Gibbs and Todd Payten more and more. BMM is a big unit but he limped off yesterday for BRET amd he was quiet last week when given an opportunity in the top squad. Early days, of course.

seijai

Post by seijai » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 9:43 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:feel free to disagree - this is just my angle from what i saw - didnt see everything. just from last nights game

tedesco - should be full back for round 1
ryan - cemented a wing spot
ayshford - should be playing state of origin
lawrence - rusty - always drops a ball at least once a game
utai - could of done more
marshall - brilliant
moltzen - brilliant
galloway - like Ink says Galloway is Galloway - needs another dimension to his game
farah - brilliant
woods - yeh okay
ellis - nothing to say
blair - refer to ellis
rhino - refer to ellis
fulton - has to be in the 17
groat - still young
bell - will get better
reddy - to be fair he did make some good tackles - plays better in the backs

we saw glimpses of brilliance at Campbelltown last night - how the ball went from one side of the park to the other. it was poetry in motion and worth the price of admission alone.

Travelled all the way to St Marys to pick up my mate and then to Campbelltown.

Agree on most of it.

Bell - not too sure about him. Gave awaye silly penalty 3 mins from full time and then dropped the ball. Defensively, not that great either/

Fulton - was not effective last night

Reddy - defence was an issue

Left side defence major issues (that was AFTER Utai came off)

Funny things was, the whole Roosters main team came off after 15 minutes and was replaced by a second tem. By WHOLE team I mean the WHOOOOOOOLE team! Plenty of boos from where we were sitting (which was directly behind the Roosters in Bay 3-4

We lost to a Roosters second team?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 9:47 pm

Reggies on for the first 20....first grade for the rest f the match mainly....it was like NFL

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 10:54 pm

Only a trial, Farah first hit out,Lawrence first hit out, so dont read to much into it, except we are not the standout team everyone would like to think we are. With a heap of hard work and some luck we could give it a shake but if they turn up with their head in the wrong space they could be in for a long season. Its is such a fine line between the top and the bottom and every year you see a so called hot team run nowhere

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Sun 19 Feb, 2012 11:29 pm

innsaneink wrote:Reggies on for the first 20....first grade for the rest f the match mainly....it was like NFL
That was pretty funny.

Utai for me is a one trick pony and too much of a liability in defence. Brown or even Reddy on the wing until Lote is back.

Lawrence looks like he needs a bit more time to get back into the groove. I'm not sure whether it's a hang over from last year or not but we didn't move the ball to the left a whole lot and we didn't look threatening at all.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 2:04 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote: ayshford - should be playing state of origin
Not sure I agree with this. There are a few players ahead of him.
AmericanHistoryX wrote: farah - brilliant
Thought he was very rusty, but as you would have expected.
AmericanHistoryX wrote: we saw glimpses of brilliance at Campbelltown last night - how the ball went from one side of the park to the other. it was poetry in motion and worth the price of admission alone.
For mine going from one side to the other was a concern on Saturday, as we did often did this before going forward.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 2:10 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote: we saw glimpses of brilliance at Campbelltown last night - how the ball went from one side of the park to the other. it was poetry in motion and worth the price of admission alone.
For mine going from one side to the other was a concern on Saturday, as we did often did this before going forward.
I agree Hybrid and we always seem to go sideline to sideline against teams we don't respect and think if we get in a points scoring war we will beat them

Probably the most annoying thing about the Tigers :brick:

Why we don't play direct and straighten our attack up When Robbie starts attacking from dummy half after we get a roll on We must seem like the scariest team to deal with in the NRL when we play this style of footy to any other coach

barra

Post by barra » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 10:31 am

king sirro wrote:
innsaneink wrote: I just feel galloway can improve, dropping a shoulder might be a start....he gets lifted too often running upright losing all momentum and ending up being pushed back
I didnt see the game but sounds like exactly what i was saying early last year about Galloway. He's good, does the job, but u cant help but feel or expect a bit more. I was hammered a bit for the comment but i stand by it. The guy has the potential to be great....at the moment he's very good.
I agree with you two guys. We can all remember the times that Keith goes at the defence with a 100% effort running at the line, but it happens too seldom for someone his size and ability.

Sometimes I think Sheens might coach them to play more with their head and less with their heart which is why he lacks aggression at times... or maybe he just doesn't have the ticker - or the motor - that the truly great props have?

Post by 851 » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 10:56 am

Reddy is not a winger,he is primarily a centre,and a damn good one,he goes well at fullback,but wing and backrow are not his go,so he shouldn't be judged on those positions.
He will be good for us this year,if Teddy needs a bit more time he will be good cover,if one of our centres get hurt he will be great cover,he may be the ideal 17,but he is no dud.
Bell will do the job we bought him for,no frills and no high price tag,a prety fair deal IMHO,I think Brown needs to be on the wing until Lote comes back,or Grant gets up to speed,but we should be there at the pointy end of the year.
Go hard or go home

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 2:28 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Hey Hybrid, i know what you mean going from one side of the park to the other - but i just love watching it - it has rythm, it has finese, it looks beautiful - we are a beautiful team to watch -
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

willow

Post by willow » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 2:55 pm

It might look pretty but if the Tigers don't lay a platform up the middle, going side to side results in losses. have to establish dominance of the ruck first, draw the defenders in, and then Robbie, Benji, Moltzen etc can cut loose out wide using the likes of Lawrence, Ayshford, Tedesco.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 3:01 pm

Willow I believe alot of our direction issues were because Farah was feeling his way through his first hit out. There was alot of confusion with all of the positional swapping at times as well.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 3:27 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote: Hey Hybrid, i know what you mean going from one side of the park to the other - but i just love watching it - it has rythm, it has finese, it looks beautiful - we are a beautiful team to watch -
And I know what you mean X... I well remember the first time I saw our current backline attack at speed while I watched from ground level and in line with the movement. The timing of all involved (particularly Benji as linchpin) that is required to execute in the small corridor of lateral space made my jaw drop!

TV doesn't really do it justice, as nice as it looks.