Beau Ryan appreciation

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 4 March 2:00PM
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast:
Mistadobalina

Beau Ryan appreciation

Post by Mistadobalina » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 4:22 pm

He's always written off as just a clown, he's not big, or particularly fast. If you didn't know better, you'd never guess he was a rugby player.

But damn the guy knows how to score a try. The best finisher on the team behind Benji, he's got steady hands, can read the game very well and can produce from whatever crazy ball Benji decides to lay on him. But I think he's also our most under-rated player. If you ask the average tigers fan to list his favourite players, Beau would probably come in a distant 7th or 8th. But I guess that only speaks for the amount of talent we have at the team.

Even just take today for example. He scored two difficult tries that 95% of players would've flopped in his position and practically won us the game. And to think there was talk of letting him go last season.

So here's to Beau, our unsung champion

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 4:35 pm

I've been saying it for 2 years. B Ryan is our no1 winger. From all the wingers in our club he's got us out of jail the most times.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 4:36 pm

Go Beau you rock!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 4:36 pm

Looks like the form he captured from last year is back again

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 4:39 pm

if loyi goes send all his money on upgrades on current players and the young guys our wingers played well and we have back up in ready , brown

necka69er

Post by necka69er » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 4:42 pm

Beau Knows - How To Score

Two awesome tries. Even i did the famous head rub. Haha.

Great game.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 4:45 pm

beau is the man!
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 4:49 pm

had a great game.

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 4:58 pm

Cracking game, was man of the match for me.

Definitely the most under rated winger in the competition.

He'll never get picked for origin but if he keeps this form up i would love to see him in a blue jumper

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:09 pm

Bau has been our number one winger for 18 months now. The way he played today did not surprise me.

By the same token, congrats on the tries Beau, both were very skillfull.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:14 pm

Beau is definitely my favourite player and hilarious to boot. And he is strooooong. Always makes good metres.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:27 pm

Simon loves Beau.... And doesn't Beau love the tigers.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:33 pm

Bout time the consensus on the bloke changed.

Here is the problem for Beau. Benji trusts him A LOT. He uses Beau more than anybody, and Benji puts a hell of a lot of pressure on his men. Benji will often put Beau in a difficult situation and of course Beau can't always produce from the absurd stuff Marshall tries, but I very much doubt many other wingers could convert from Marshall as often as Beau. Whenever Beau is on the field and not under the pressure of Marshall we see piercing runs, great defense, security under the high ball, lots of metres and a hell of a lot of morale boosting. When under pressure from Marshall he does damn well, and often produces stuff like what we saw today, or that miracle flick inside to Collis from a few years back, or one of his many spectacular dives and put downs.

In short Beau is brilliant and should actually be given a hell of a lot of leeway for being Benji's go to man.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:47 pm

He is soooooo underrated!

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:47 pm

tigermaniac wrote:I've been saying it for 2 years. B Ryan is our no1 winger. From all the wingers in our club he's got us out of jail the most times.

You are 100% correct as well. The guy is a champion.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:52 pm

yeah Simon he is....he had a great game...i wished every player had his enthusiasm

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:58 pm

MacDougall wrote:Bout time the consensus on the bloke changed.

Here is the problem for Beau. Benji trusts him A LOT. He uses Beau more than anybody, and Benji puts a hell of a lot of pressure on his men. Benji will often put Beau in a difficult situation and of course Beau can't always produce from the absurd stuff Marshall tries, but I very much doubt many other wingers could convert from Marshall as often as Beau. Whenever Beau is on the field and not under the pressure of Marshall we see piercing runs, great defense, security under the high ball, lots of metres and a hell of a lot of morale boosting. When under pressure from Marshall he does damn well, and often produces stuff like what we saw today, or that miracle flick inside to Collis from a few years back, or one of his many spectacular dives and put downs.

In short Beau is brilliant and should actually be given a hell of a lot of leeway for being Benji's go to man.
The cosensus changed on Beau long ago :deadhorse: . Not sure why people still go on about this. He isn't the most talented player but he has the heart of Phar lap. I think thats the general consensus on Beau these days

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 6:03 pm

Beau's passion and enthusiasm has always been a big motivator to the team. Now he is producing pure strength plays and freakish skills to match this enthusiasm - he is a huge asset to this team. If he keeps this form up, there is no reason he shouldn't be considered for SOO. They've selected a lot less talented wingers, in the past, than Beau.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen