Utai - Sensational as always

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 4 March 2:00PM
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast:
shane2801

Utai - Sensational as always

Post by shane2801 » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 4:57 pm

Feel free to stay on the sidelines as long as you want Lote. Or at least go to fullback.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:04 pm

As far as im concerned, Utai proved he shouldnt be in the team with the try he bombed.Any other winger in the club would have scored. Brown or Keroibete must come in. We need a finisher, not an extra forward
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:06 pm

almost let one in off a bomb but Wright spilt the lollies. I tought he was poor.

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:08 pm

king sirro wrote:As far as im concerned, Utai proved he shouldnt be in the team with the try he bombef. Any other winger in the club would have scored. Brown or Keroibete must come in. We need a finisher, not an extra forward
Totally agree... and the sharks targetted him in attack and it was lucky they bombed it on that occaision as Rowdy wasn't close enough to help out.

Deadset, utai along the sideline trying to stay in was like watching an elephant trying to corner at speed. The bloke is as agile as concrete and i think it moves faster as well

As a minimum Brown must be in the run on side either in the 1 or 5

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:09 pm

He did what he always does well and ran the ball hard like a backrower.
Unfortunately all the stuff a winger should be doing, not so much.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:12 pm

You are all too hard on him. At least he holds onto the ball. More than I can say for one L. Tuquiri. Anyway you will all get your way once our buy of the century is declared fit.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:23 pm

I thought he was great.

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:29 pm

hes simply our no 1 weakness I hate watching him in defence run around thinking where do I go

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:30 pm

Great game from Utai!! He is a tank.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:40 pm

He was left stranded once when the Sharks put up s high ball but other than that he was ok.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

willow

Post by willow » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:41 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Great game from Utai!! He is a tank.
Don't know how he had a great game. Cost the Tigers a try through lack of pace. He did play ok though overall.

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:46 pm

shane2801 wrote:You are all too hard on him. At least he holds onto the ball. More than I can say for one L. Tuquiri. Anyway you will all get your way once our buy of the century is declared fit.
This was the first game i can't remember him dropping one cold.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:47 pm

You guys have picked the wrong game to attack Utai. He was strong in defence, positioned himself well most of the arvo and did a top job to almost score that try.

Crap call that anyone would have scored that try Sirro...he had millimeters to work in and just failed.

If you want to bag someone, Lawry and Aysh were our two worst. They were given a lesson on how to play the position today by two guys who everyone bagged out last week.

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:52 pm

Made good "dirty metres" today....thought he played strong

He did everything he could to try and score that try....had no room to work in.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 5:57 pm

stryker wrote:You guys have picked the wrong game to attack Utai. He was strong in defence, positioned himself well most of the arvo and did a top job to almost score that try.

Crap call that anyone would have scored that try Sirro...he had millimeters to work in and just failed.

If you want to bag someone, Lawry and Aysh were our two worst. They were given a lesson on how to play the position today by two guys who everyone bagged out last week.

Exactly how I saw it.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 6:19 pm

One of our best - especially in terms of effort.

Ayshford, Lawrence and Moltzen all go over the coals before him.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 6:38 pm

stryker wrote:You guys have picked the wrong game to attack Utai. He was strong in defence, positioned himself well most of the arvo and did a top job to almost score that try.

Stryker just on the bombed try, take another look at it mate. Utai hit the ball at pace with the line wide open and decided to run into the in goal 2 metres giving the opposition a chance to push him out. I have no doubt any other winger at the club scores that try easy by diving or just by being faster. I agree with the rest of your post.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 6:45 pm

That actually happened right in front of me and I am pretty sure he put a foot on the line before the tryline, he took the extra steps trying to stabilise himself. There was no room there and he almost pulled it off. I am not going to be critical of that.

For some reason today, the boys were standing dangerously close to the sideline. Remember the first half where Beau was over the line when he caught the ball? Certainly seemed a tactic. Flirting with the line is very risky and we stuffed up a number of times due to it.