Utai - Sensational as always

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 4 March 2:00PM
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast:
stryker

Re: Utai - Sensational as always

Post by stryker » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 3:28 am

tigertales wrote:Anyone rubbishing him on todays performance has no clue, if he goes then so should Ayshford, Lawrence, Moltz and about 5 others who were all worse than him today. Two weeks ago against the Eels he was probably best on ground as well.
This is the correct statement.

Go and watch the game agin Luke. In no way was he sensationaly bad today.
Geeze its lucky we won...looks like he was being fitted for a scapegoat jacket on here.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 7:02 am

The play where Beau scores in the last few mins is only possible because of a great hit-up by Utai 2 plays before. The game was played in stifling heat and it's Rd 1,and we won. I'm prepared to cut em all some slack on yesterday's effort.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

seijai

Post by seijai » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 10:49 am

To all you Utai bashers, I disagree with your comments.

I think he played a solid game. His hard yards in our own half took relieved the pressure off the rest of the team. Watch the game again, in our own half with the ball, our team only had 5 players back onside most of the time. If it wasn't for his runs, the rest of the team would never make it back.

His height is a problem, but currently, I would take him over Lote.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:08 am

Utai ran the ball extremely well, undoubtedly, however, to brush over the other areas is dangerous. He is a massive liability under the high ball, lucky not to concede a try in the first half, and he should have finished the try where he found touch.
He has a massive heart and gives 100%, but he has obvious limitations.

Whether the pro's outweigh the con's is up to the coaching staff.

coolcat

Post by coolcat » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:16 am

He made quiet a few one on one tackle that just mostered, and played well with good attitude. But he did some things very very bad as well. I think a few more diamonds then rocks today but compared to Lote last year. I would choose utai.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

gold on black

Post by gold on black » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:20 am

I thought he was average...his hit ups are his positives and hits... Should b a forward
Bombed a try and was lucky wright(I think it was) bombed a try because hr was all over utai when the ball was chipped to the corner

Posted using RoarFEED

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 2:32 pm

I love the guy - he may not be flashy but he does more things right than wrong.

His runs to earn us those hard yards are a huge benefit and I've seen him finish off some great tries after beautiful lead up work by Marshall, Lawrence etc.

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 2:39 pm

Pity he didnt score in the corner as well which would have put the game away for us

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 5:03 pm

He has been 1 of the tigers best performers ever since he joined the club. Another good game by Utai.
If only his aggression would rub off on some of his team mates, we would be dynamite!