Utai - Sensational as always

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 4 March 2:00PM
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast:
simonthetiger

Re: Utai - Sensational as always

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 6:46 pm

Rubbish..... Utai did everything he could to score that.

Balmainboydug

Post by Balmainboydug » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 6:48 pm

He ran strong but the guy lacks HEIGHT , simple. Played well though so wont bag him till he drops a bomb and costs us a game like Lote did last year. looked cumbersome going down sideline though and got fairy tapped out before the try line so a dive would have been useless.

IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 6:48 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
stryker wrote:You guys have picked the wrong game to attack Utai. He was strong in defence, positioned himself well most of the arvo and did a top job to almost score that try.

Crap call that anyone would have scored that try Sirro...he had millimeters to work in and just failed.

If you want to bag someone, Lawry and Aysh were our two worst. They were given a lesson on how to play the position today by two guys who everyone bagged out last week.

Exactly how I saw it.
Completely agree...... Lawrence and Ayshford were outclassed by over the hill has beens

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 6:50 pm

king sirro wrote:As far as im concerned, Utai proved he shouldnt be in the team with the try he bombed.Any other winger in the club would have scored. Brown or Keroibete must come in. We need a finisher, not an extra forward
Agree, he is good at what he does, but most wingers would have finished from there.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 6:55 pm

I didn't create this thread to smash into every other player but it will just annoy me that it is a known fact that Utail will have to make way for Lote when he is fit. It seems Lote as usual will not have to prove himself. Just like late last year and we all know how that went. Poor...

While its sad to say.. Tuquiri is a name nowadays and his best years are far gone.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 7:04 pm

Lote had an aweful 2011 Shane. Lets give him a little time to show what he has got after these injuries are done. If the form isnt returning I will call for his head with you.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 7:05 pm

stryker wrote:That actually happened right in front of me and I am pretty sure he put a foot on the line before the tryline, he took the extra steps trying to stabilise himself. There was no room there and he almost pulled it off. I am not going to be critical of that.

For some reason today, the boys were standing dangerously close to the sideline. Remember the first half where Beau was over the line when he caught the ball? Certainly seemed a tactic. Flirting with the line is very risky and we stuffed up a number of times due to it.
Yeh he did put a foot on the line before the tryline but he should have been diving at the open space as that was just metres from the tryline. Your right, it was an odd day for wingers not realising where their sideline is. Vatuvai did the same thing as Beau in the Warriors game.

Ill certainly maintain Utai bombed that try by both lack of pace and decision making, but ill most definately praise the guy for his efforts
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 7:07 pm

Totally polarising opinion - which suggest to me Utai had a mixed bag of a game.

Great runs as usual, but found wanting when the bomb went up, and yeah a more agile winger may have ducked back inside and scored that try.

Not bad (Beau crapped on everyone today in terms of a winger masterclass) but not brilliant.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 7:18 pm

I thought he played well. He made heaps of hard yards out of own end. I'm sure he will be dissappointed about stepping on the line but he is usually reliable in that area. All teams target him with the kick and he wasn't exposed today.

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 7:26 pm

Utai needs to be in our team. His barnstorming runs are fantastic, especially late in the game.
Unfortunately he is not a winger. He is a great bench player and would probably be one of the best. I think it's obvious either brown or grant needs to be on the wing.

Posted using RoarFEED

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 7:30 pm

Good point Bob. I just want to see him in the side and I do hope Lote fires up. For some reason I just can't see it happening

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 7:51 pm

His big runs don't make up for lottery e puts us in every time a bomb goes up. I'm with KS on this one, if there's not a better option on the wing I'll stand rooted.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:19 pm

Sensational? Sensationally bad. Yes he does run the ball back strong and he's hard to tackle but that's as good as he gets for a winger. First of all, he's too short - any other winger in the NRL can leap over him. Secondly, he is very very suspect catching bombs even if he doesn't have a player around him. Thirdly, he is the slowest winger in the NRL. Fourthly, he can't defend. Need I say more?

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:40 pm

Anyone rubbishing him on todays performance has no clue, if he goes then so should Ayshford, Lawrence, Moltz and about 5 others who were all worse than him today. Two weeks ago against the Eels he was probably best on ground as well.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 11:03 pm

underdog wrote:Totally polarising opinion - which suggest to me Utai had a mixed bag of a game.

Great runs as usual, but found wanting when the bomb went up, and yeah a more agile winger may have ducked back inside and scored that try.

Not bad (Beau crapped on everyone today in terms of a winger masterclass) but not brilliant.
This!

He ran back hard and did the dirty metres as usual and made a couple of great one-on-one tackles, although he was no match for Wright who bombed his try and probably should have been a little more aware of the sideline for the try he had disallowed.

In any case, I've said before I could never bring myself to not support a player who will tough a broken arm out for his team. Are there better alternatives? Of course.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 11:18 pm

Luke wrote:Sensational? Sensationally bad. Yes he does run the ball back strong and he's hard to tackle but that's as good as he gets for a winger. First of all, he's too short - any other winger in the NRL can leap over him. Secondly, he is very very suspect catching bombs even if he doesn't have a player around him. Thirdly, he is the slowest winger in the NRL. Fourthly, he can't defend. Need I say more?

Luke, apart from the height statement you pretty much described another one of our past wingers. Everyone loved him.. Tuiaki?? He could be a little suspect under a bomb, wasn't very quick, made huge yards....

Maybe I am a little biased as I love seeing hard running. I don't know?

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 11:48 pm

tigertales wrote:Anyone rubbishing him on todays performance has no clue, if he goes then so should Ayshford, Lawrence, Moltz and about 5 others who were all worse than him today. Two weeks ago against the Eels he was probably best on ground as well.

Agree with this.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 12:14 am

utai is what he is, he will make you great meters out of our own end and will bullock over for a few tries, he will always give 100% and be ultra aggressive

in saying that he will always struggle under the high ball, drop a few for no reason and occasionally get caught out in defence. currently he is our number 3 winger and i wouldnt mind him being the back on the bench