Blair

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 4 March 2:00PM
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast:
Cysquatch

Re: Blair

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:11 am

Stats?... Geez I'm not a fan of them. They also tell you hindmarsh makes 50+ 'tackles' a game.

Bit harsh to judge players after round one I feel. Wait til the rust falls off first

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 12:02 pm

Lisa we have had these arguments many times with you. As Hybrid said you have an agenda. I didnt say yesterday was 8.5 I said in another months time he will be regularly offering games worth this.

Supply stats for all forwards if you are going to single his out in the first game. He may have made only 23 tackles but they were quality. He doesnt go around the legs, he wraps the ball up and then slows the play down. They are quality tackles. Offloads in the middle of the ruck used to be our forwards achilies heel, I believe with Blairs techniques rubbing off on a few guys we will see a much tighter ruck...

Dr Ice

Post by Dr Ice » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 12:18 pm

I agree with Stryker, a lot of the good things Blair does are not in the official stats. His ability to slow the ball down is great as is his kick chase.

I always find stats like a women's bikini. What they reveal is INTERESTING, what they hide is CRUCIAL.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 4:56 pm

Apart from those penalties, he had a solid game.

Loved how he held off those defenders & offloaded with the 1 hand pass as if he was holding a tennis ball. So happy to have him in our side.

Troyzab

Post by Troyzab » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 6:11 pm

All stats do is make someone a good fantasy player! Isn't the be all end all, Blair is in my team every day of the week (maybe not my fantasy team) good defender, good hands and good footwork... When he hits his straps alot of these haters are gonna be eating humble pie!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 7:57 pm

i am so glad we have blair at the tigers. terrific player who i thought was really solid yesterday for the FULL 81 mins, unlike a particular cast-off from last year. just cant believe anyone would doubt this guys undoubted class. imo blair, hino and ellis is the premier backrow combination of the competition
I dislike sowfs immensely

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 12:09 am

Yeah they are right up there pearl....it is out of them and the Manly trio of Watmough, Stewart and Williams.

Guess we will have a more definitive answer next weekend...

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 7:42 am

I would take Gibbs and Fifita over Blair. I said that from day one and people on here laughed at me.

There is no doubt Blair is a player of high quality. But he is not better than Bryce Gibbs.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 7:51 am

Balmain Bug wrote:I would take Gibbs and Fifita over Blair. I said that from day one and people on here laughed at me.

There is no doubt Blair is a player of high quality. But he is not better than Bryce Gibbs.
When emotion transcends reality......

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 8:02 am

Citizen Tiger wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:I would take Gibbs and Fifita over Blair. I said that from day one and people on here laughed at me.

When emotion transcends reality......

I'm still laughing at you bug....Fafita over Blair, now that's funny! :lol: