Moltz

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 4 March 2:00PM
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast:
User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5672
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Moltz

Post by 851 » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:44 am

tigertales wrote:
mtd wrote:he showed very promising signs.. i also agree he should start kicking more.. farah is not a consistent good/long kicker.. sure he is going to get a few good ones away every now and then, but when you put in 100 kicks a game ur bound to get a couple of good ones every so often..
He showed me nothing today and as for his kicking game it was one kick for one bad kick so not much there either, Id leave him there cos he couldnt go that bad again but he was awful today. When you consider the halves we are up against next week it needs to be a massive improvement in 6 days!
Got to agree terrible today,Foran and Cherry-Evans this friday will be a huge test,hope he is up to it.
Go hard or go home


User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 12:04 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:lol... wait till ck see's this thread!

He has been training there all off-season and the structure currently relies on him being there.

I say give him 6 weeks until we should be looking at any changes (unless injury occurs). The first 6 weeks of the comp is about testing combinations etc...

Dont panic yet!
:lol: Been waiting for it Watto
Unfortunately couldn't watch the game until I got back from interstate last night.
Going by what some people said on here I was expecting to see Moltzen play the worst game any footballer had ever played .
Reality was he saved a certain try with a goal line tackle on Gallen , made 3 tackles in a row at one stage and ran and passed the ball ok in general.
Anybody who thinks he's going to take the main playmaking away from Farah or Marshall is dreaming.
Sure he made a few mistakes - but so did everybody else.
I'm pretty sure he didn't miss the entire 30 tackles we missed or dropped every ball that caused us not to complete our sets.
His injury (and it looked pretty painful when it happened) most probably had an effect on his second half.
Sheens has already said he won't be breaking up his halves - so everybody had better get used to him being there.
Utai , Lawrence and Ayshord have copped it as well but they won't be dropped either.
Even Ellis , Farah ,Galloway and Marshall have been bagged to some degree after this game.
No -one seems to want to give the Sharks any credit for playing well or take into account what a hard slog it was out there in those conditions.
Round one guys - and we won another game with Moltzen at half! :P

User avatar
Tigersmurf
Member
Member
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue 20 Oct, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 12:09 pm

Good final point Ck, his stats are continuing to improve.....

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 2:37 pm

some of u blokes must live in fairy land, moltzen is not a 1/2 back today, tomorrow, next week or the month after. sheens can hope all he wants that he will come good, but it will not happen. there i have put it out there now u all can bag me, or is there some other people out there that knows a little about football, and not picking him because hes benjis mate.

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 4:05 pm

bp tiger wrote:some of u blokes must live in fairy land, moltzen is not a 1/2 back today, tomorrow, next week or the month after. sheens can hope all he wants that he will come good, but it will not happen. there i have put it out there now u all can bag me, or is there some other people out there that knows a little about football, and not picking him because hes benjis mate.
I agree with you 100%, bp tiger - Moltzen is not a halfback's bootlace! He should be playing fullback - you know, the position that he, Sheens and Marshall all agreed was his best position, last year :crazy He can still be Benji's mate and play fullback. In fact, they played together in these positions rather well, last year, if I recall.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen


User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 1926
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am

Post by mtd » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 9:35 pm

851 wrote:
tigertales wrote:
mtd wrote:he showed very promising signs.. i also agree he should start kicking more.. farah is not a consistent good/long kicker.. sure he is going to get a few good ones away every now and then, but when you put in 100 kicks a game ur bound to get a couple of good ones every so often..
He showed me nothing today and as for his kicking game it was one kick for one bad kick so not much there either, Id leave him there cos he couldnt go that bad again but he was awful today. When you consider the halves we are up against next week it needs to be a massive improvement in 6 days!
Got to agree terrible today,Foran and Cherry-Evans this friday will be a huge test,hope he is up to it.
dont think terrible is a fair assessment, and if ur comparing him to dce or foran.. well ofcourse hes not going to be blitzing it like they are just yet.. they have played a full season as a halves pairing next to each other...

i really think moltzens stint at FB is going to help him pick the right gaps to hit himself when taking the line on later this year.. anyway, guess we'll see in the next few weeks

tigergirl00

Post by tigergirl00 » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 9:46 pm

Give him a break guys... first game back and under tough conditions. Fans are too fickle sometimes!

He has proven he can do it before (before he was injured) and I'm sure he can do it again.

Looking forward to seeing the team take more shape over the coming rounds :)

tiger jim
Member
Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by tiger jim » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 10:08 pm

Guys he has had a full off season to get his act together and turnes on that rubbish Bengi gets tired then nothing why did he not take control of the team thats what any other half would do that take a look at Cherry Evans effort when Foran got tired took control and they rolled on. Sure we won but ask what did Moltzen do look at the replay

User avatar
Tigersmurf
Member
Member
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue 20 Oct, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 10:39 pm

tiger jim wrote:Guys he has had a full off season to get his act together and turnes on that rubbish Bengi gets tired then nothing why did he not take control of the team thats what any other half would do that take a look at Cherry Evans effort when Foran got tired took control and they rolled on. Sure we won but ask what did Moltzen do look at the replay
What did he do that was so wrong? Can't remember him dropping a ball or missing a tackle, in fact I remember him saving a couple of tries with one on one tackles. Considering his hand was split open and had to be sewn back to gether I think he did a fair job.

And in my opinion I think he is more of a halfback then he is a fullback. He played halfback for his country, and that selection panel is far more qualified to judge than I am!

Lets have this discussion again in 6 weeks, and at that time I am happy to stand corrected.

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:03 pm

bp tiger wrote:some of u blokes must live in fairy land, moltzen is not a 1/2 back today, tomorrow, next week or the month after. sheens can hope all he wants that he will come good, but it will not happen. there i have put it out there now u all can bag me, or is there some other people out there that knows a little about football, and not picking him because hes benjis mate.
yep we are in fairy land cause we think a bloke who has a record of 10 from 12 at half back, who is a former junior kangaroo half, who has been selected to play half by a 4 time premiership coach who has the most experience in history of the game.....must be dreaming to think he is half.

yet it is reasonable to assume that he is only there cause he is benji's mate.

Yeah none of us know anything about footy,

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:10 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:
tiger jim wrote:Guys he has had a full off season to get his act together and turnes on that rubbish Bengi gets tired then nothing why did he not take control of the team thats what any other half would do that take a look at Cherry Evans effort when Foran got tired took control and they rolled on. Sure we won but ask what did Moltzen do look at the replay
What did he do that was so wrong? Can't remember him dropping a ball or missing a tackle, in fact I remember him saving a couple of tries with one on one tackles. Considering his hand was split open and had to be sewn back to gether I think he did a fair job.

And in my opinion I think he is more of a halfback then he is a fullback. He played halfback for his country, and that selection panel is far more qualified to judge than I am!

Lets have this discussion again in 6 weeks, and at that time I am happy to stand corrected.
no other player is subject the same critcism moltz is....remember he let a bomb bounce against the gold coast.

Humble let 2 bounce yesterday, zero criticism.

for moltz to get a pass mark from some blokes on here he has to playe like Wally Lewis and Joey Johns combined on a good day

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 6:07 am

Goose wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:
tiger jim wrote:Guys he has had a full off season to get his act together and turnes on that rubbish Bengi gets tired then nothing why did he not take control of the team thats what any other half would do that take a look at Cherry Evans effort when Foran got tired took control and they rolled on. Sure we won but ask what did Moltzen do look at the replay
What did he do that was so wrong? Can't remember him dropping a ball or missing a tackle, in fact I remember him saving a couple of tries with one on one tackles. Considering his hand was split open and had to be sewn back to gether I think he did a fair job.

And in my opinion I think he is more of a halfback then he is a fullback. He played halfback for his country, and that selection panel is far more qualified to judge than I am!

Lets have this discussion again in 6 weeks, and at that time I am happy to stand corrected.
no other player is subject the same critcism moltz is....remember he let a bomb bounce against the gold coast.

Humble let 2 bounce yesterday, zero criticism.

for moltz to get a pass mark from some blokes on here he has to playe like Wally Lewis and Joey Johns combined on a good day

it comes with the territory when you play with the no.7 on your back.
was there not a thread each week about lui?
was there not a thread each week about morris?
was there not a thread each week about prince?
even when they had good games people still weren't satisfied at times and had to pick on a wayward pass,missed tackle or poor kick.

enough of the poor moltzen is the only player that cops it crap.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17190
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 7:40 am

bonstonker wrote:
Goose wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:
tiger jim wrote:Guys he has had a full off season to get his act together and turnes on that rubbish Bengi gets tired then nothing why did he not take control of the team thats what any other half would do that take a look at Cherry Evans effort when Foran got tired took control and they rolled on. Sure we won but ask what did Moltzen do look at the replay
What did he do that was so wrong? Can't remember him dropping a ball or missing a tackle, in fact I remember him saving a couple of tries with one on one tackles. Considering his hand was split open and had to be sewn back to gether I think he did a fair job.

And in my opinion I think he is more of a halfback then he is a fullback. He played halfback for his country, and that selection panel is far more qualified to judge than I am!

Lets have this discussion again in 6 weeks, and at that time I am happy to stand corrected.
no other player is subject the same critcism moltz is....remember he let a bomb bounce against the gold coast.

Humble let 2 bounce yesterday, zero criticism.

for moltz to get a pass mark from some blokes on here he has to playe like Wally Lewis and Joey Johns combined on a good day

it comes with the territory when you play with the no.7 on your back.
was there not a thread each week about lui?
was there not a thread each week about morris?
was there not a thread each week about prince?
even when they had good games people still weren't satisfied at times and had to pick on a wayward pass,missed tackle or poor kick.

enough of the poor moltzen is the only player that cops it crap.
That, and he didn't come anywhere close to what Fitzy copped.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Post Reply