How bad was the reffing

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 4 March 2:00PM
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast:
coolcat

How bad was the reffing

Post by coolcat » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 6:41 am

I was at the game yesterday. And boy maxwell had a shocker and the biggest MIA out there was the other ref.

So one ref that didn't have a clue. And another ref that didn't relies he was meant to be reffing a nrl footy game

Most fans booed the refs off after the game.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 7:34 am

I didn't think it was overly terrible coolcat. Refs are always making mistakes and they made a few today as well.

The refs pretty much always get booed at full time.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 8:19 am

Maxwell is the one ref I loathe but I think overall he was ok. Conditions were shocking, he must have been feeling the heat like the plaers. We excuse the footballers for mistakes but not the refs--dosnt make sense

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 8:29 am

The referee wasnt giving us a fair go in the ruck and kept penalising us all the time it wasnt fair at all. I agree it must ahve been hot out on the field, it was hot enough sitting in the sun on the hill side got a little bit sunburnt as well.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 9:19 am

God what game are some of you watching? Maxwell is a terrible ref and made some bad calls both ways but if any team has a right to complain about him yesterday it is the Sharks.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 9:24 am

Terrible! He mad some bad decisions which affected both teams at crucial times...

Anyone notice plenty of high shots were ignored this weekend in all games?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 9:24 am

Disagree Hybrid.
He got 3 major, game affecting calls wrong that I remember: the forward pass for their first try, the 'advantage taken call' that should have had us on the attack ~10 metres out with them completely spent and then the chargedown in extra time.
If he'd got 1 or both of the first 2 right it wouldn;t have gotten to golden point so the last one wouldn;t have happened.
The double movement was definitely a correct call.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

coolcat

Post by coolcat » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:07 am

The refs also didn't have the team back the 10m all game. The inconsistent call of held. And the were a few mind snaps by maxwell. He had a shocker

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:34 am

The only one the sharks have reason to be upset about was the gp penalty. And I'm not even sure if it is incorrect. Someone from nrl hq needs to clear it up. The best try was a definite double movement.

Some have said we were lucky but hitting the goalposts from the kick off is a slice of good fortune I believe as were the other calls that went against that have been mentioned already. The refs were poor and so were we and we still won

by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:47 am

Softlaw, that advantage call was one of the worst I have ever seen. How were we supposed to have taken our advantage within 2 seconds of the ball being collected. We didn't go 10m in any direction so we couldn't have taken our advantage.

And Cysquatch I think you should always have someone midfield with their back facing the opposition just for that reason. Everyone aims for the posts off a kickoff in golden point so there is a good probability that someone was going to hit the posts.

Was it Skando or Payten that ran through off the kick off a few years ago and collected the ball off the rebound? I think we might have scored a play or two after. It was a few years back now but I am sure someone on here will remember.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 12:36 pm

I remember a couple from us actually. One in rd1 2006 against st George which we scored off and won the game and also the payten one was at cambo I think and vs the raiders.

And yes I thought that too. When it rebounded there wasn't a wt player within ten meters of it. It's one of those freak things

by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 12:54 pm

Yeah, shows we haven't learned from that goal line drop out (grubber) that Sandow put through and no-one landed on (except Sandow).

Post by 851 » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 12:56 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:Softlaw, that advantage call was one of the worst I have ever seen. How were we supposed to have taken our advantage within 2 seconds of the ball being collected. We didn't go 10m in any direction so we couldn't have taken our advantage.

And Cysquatch I think you should always have someone midfield with their back facing the opposition just for that reason. Everyone aims for the posts off a kickoff in golden point so there is a good probability that someone was going to hit the posts.

Was it Skando or Payten that ran through off the kick off a few years ago and collected the ball off the rebound? I think we might have scored a play or two after. It was a few years back now but I am sure someone on here will remember.
It was Payten,but it wasn't golden point,could have been against the Roosters.
Go hard or go home

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks 851. I didn't think it was in golden point but I do remember being very excited when it happened. Must have been a close game!

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 1:26 pm

No it wasnt it was the cowboys game in 2005 at campbelltown, patrick richards kicked off and the ball hit the goal post at the southern end (club end). I was sitting at that end with joel, water boy and kul. kul would be able to vouch for it, one of the supporters from where i was sitting ran onto the field after the game.

hangar18

Post by hangar18 » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 5:48 pm

Maxwell and the other clown were diabolical. The tigers should have had several penalties in the second half - unless we've gone back to the 5 meter rule. As soon as any of our players even remotely looked liek they were offside it was a penalty to the sharks. I really do wonder if its possible to be this bad and am more inclined to think Live betting is the reason.

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 11:01 pm

I thought I would post this piece from 2006, it was interesting to note how we were dudded then and it was karma when you look at who put the field goal and who was the ref on the day. Do I feel sorry for the Sharks maybe , but lets not forget we have had our share of bad calls over the years...Take the lucky breaks when we get them I say.

Tigers' title defence ends in controversy
August 14, 2006
AAP

WESTS Tigers' National Rugby League premiership defence has ended after Canberra half-back Todd Carney kicked a 40-metre field goal with seven seconds remaining in golden-point extra-time to give the Raiders a controversial 19-18 win yesterday.

The last-ditch kick barely wobbled over the crossbar but was enough to all but secure the Raiders a spot in the final series as they moved four points clear of ninth-placed Cronulla on the ladder.

The Tigers dropped to 14th on the ladder, three wins clear of eighth, but could feel feel hard done by with the result after man-of-the-match Scott Prince missed three chances to kick the winning field goal. On at least two of those occasions, replays showed Raiders players up to four metres offside when trying to charge the kicker but they were not penalised by referee Steve Clark.

"That's our season gone," Tigers coach Tim Sheens said. "If you're not prepared to blow your whistle when you see fit to, when a side's season's on the line, that's a bit of a worry.

"If you're going to get down to the wire in the last five minutes of a game or extra-time, you've got to referee accordingly."

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 11:24 pm

Steve Clark.
Say no more.