Bill Harrigan's view...

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 4 March 2:00PM
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast:
tiger4ever

Re: Bill Harrigan's view...

Post by tiger4ever » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 5:36 pm

He knows the rules...like the forward pass it was missed....it may be different but the end result is...a bad ruling can cost a team a game....we have had plenty over the years go against us....2 years in a row in the semis we have had bad calls go the other way.Take off the forward pass the officials missed and the game wouldn't have went to golden point.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 5:40 pm

bonstonker wrote:
TigersFan4Life wrote:I really don't like how Harrigan has highlighted that Maxwell has been stood down because of the on-side incident, but there's no mention of the forward pass that led to the Sharks' first try or the knock-on on their tryline.
anyone can miss a forward pass,has happened since the first game of football.

but there is no excuse for not knowing the actual rules of the game.
hit the nail on the head....
with a forward pass you can ask 10 neutral people and have an equal split, but with a blatant mistakes through not knowing the rules, unacceptable.

This time it went our way, but I gurantee at some point in the year, a call will go against us at a crucial time

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 6:35 pm

Clark should be sacked too....or Flanagan fined heavily, coz ones lying thru their teeth

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 6:39 pm

Ongoing investigation from the NRL into Flanagan & Clark.
Clark states there was no conversation with Flanagan, but Bill Harrigan said there was some "communication" between the two.
Very very serious a coach and a referees official communicating during aganme

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 7:05 pm

Where did you hear that Ink?
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 7:41 pm

Yossarian wrote:Long story short, double movement was correct, offside in GP was not...

http://www.nrl.com/official-view-refs-w ... fault.aspx
Translation 'Iv'e got myself this great new gig at NRL.com where I pass public judgement on refs that I should be mentoring and coaching/reviewing. Remember me? I was a ref once, probably the greatest to have ever taken the field. Read my bio, it's all in there'

Absolute prat

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 7:57 pm

LaT wrote:Where did you hear that Ink?
Harrigan on 2SM earlier

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 8:57 am

softlaw wrote:Good to see Maxwell got dumped for missing that blatant forward pass that led to the sharks first try!
Love it!!

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:04 am

softlaw wrote:Good to see Maxwell got dumped for missing that blatant forward pass that led to the sharks first try!
Very good :) and then there was the decision to not give us a scrum near their line when it was clear we had no advantage.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 4:14 pm

LaT wrote:
TigersFan4Life wrote:I really don't like how Harrigan has highlighted that Maxwell has been stood down because of the on-side incident, but there's no mention of the forward pass that led to the Sharks' first try or the knock-on on their tryline.
Big difference between a bad judgement call and ballsing up the rules at a crucial point in the game.
how about ballsing up the call when they knocked it on early in the game from one of marshalls bombs and got the scrum feed?

a balls up is a balls up.. whether its early or late, it impacts the game... if we scored another try, it may have mentally shattered the sharks and may have ran away with it...

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 4:19 pm

Goose wrote:
bonstonker wrote:
anyone can miss a forward pass,has happened since the first game of football.

but there is no excuse for not knowing the actual rules of the game.
hit the nail on the head....
with a forward pass you can ask 10 neutral people and have an equal split, but with a blatant mistakes through not knowing the rules, unacceptable.

This time it went our way, but I gurantee at some point in the year, a call will go against us at a crucial time
We've had enough of those in finals games to last us 10 years - don't wish another one on us Goose

LaT

Post by LaT » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:52 pm

mtd wrote:
LaT wrote:
Big difference between a bad judgement call and ballsing up the rules at a crucial point in the game.
how about ballsing up the call when they knocked it on early in the game from one of marshalls bombs and got the scrum feed?

a balls up is a balls up.. whether its early or late, it impacts the game... if we scored another try, it may have mentally shattered the sharks and may have ran away with it...
I'd say that knockon was another bad judgement call, as opposed to the refs not knowing the rules.

Lets be honest, all ref mistakes suck.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!