Condition of Leichardt Oval

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 4 March 2:00PM
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast:
tigergirl00

Condition of Leichardt Oval

Post by tigergirl00 » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 9:41 pm

So I know this topic has been done to death over the years...

But yesterday afternoon REALLY highlighted how badly an upgrade is required, asap!
Could anyone hear the ground announcer? I started on the hill and migrated to the shade under the goal posts, in both places I could hardly hear a thing.

Also the screen is place such that only around 50% of the ground can see it. They really need another screen diagonally opposite.

I absolutely love LO and wouldn't want the character to be compromised by building developments etc, however in the technology space it really, really needs some help!!!!

Thoughts??

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 9:54 pm

i also thought the same thing about the speakers..
im fairly sure you could only hear it near the fence and the grandstand

tigergirl00

Post by tigergirl00 » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 9:56 pm

The speakers were terrible!!!!! Couldn't hear a thing!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 10:14 pm

Unfortunately, no matter how many threads are started about this, you're just doing these ones: :brick:

LO will not get any capacity or major facility upgrades as long as the Greens control the council.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 10:15 pm

Could hardly hear it in the grandstand as well. Didn't help that the speakers were covered in garbage bags in case it rained.

The Big screen is badly placed as it cops the full sun glare and you can't see it from the hill or the grandstand.

Kul

Post by Kul » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 10:20 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Unfortunately, no matter how many threads are started about this, you're just doing these ones: :brick:

LO will not get any capacity or major facility upgrades as long as the Greens control the council.
Balmain Junior Soccer and Balmain Junior Rugby want to upgrade the oval next door and they have $30,000 to do it.

...Council is objecting, saying it's unfair that the ground would become limited to those two sports
:wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 10:33 pm

Kul wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Unfortunately, no matter how many threads are started about this, you're just doing these ones: :brick:

Balmain Junior Soccer and Balmain Junior Rugby want to upgrade the oval next door and they have $30,000 to do it.

...Council is objecting, saying it's unfair that the ground would become limited to those two sports
Sounds like the typical Green rhetoric.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Adman

Post by Adman » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 10:52 pm

Speakers?

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 11:17 am

Kul wrote:

Guaranteed they have a grant for this work, won't be $'s from council.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 12:54 pm

I prefer not being able to hear the speakers, all they do it talk crap or read ads.

barrytiger

Post by barrytiger » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 2:14 pm

Kul wrote:

i know for a fact that the GAYFL want to use Callen park and they want AFL ONLY at Birchgrove oval that would be sacrilege I hate the Greens with a passion why people vote for them is beyond me,they are Fascist C---s

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 2:51 pm

It is a nice suburban ground but as other posters have correctly noted, the chances of getting public funding is almost negligible.

At this stage, the ground currently meets the needs of Wests Tigers, however how many people decided not to attend on Sunday due to the club stating the "house full" sign was going up and the weather? We will obviously never know the answer, but over time the question will have to be addressed. If 25,000 wish to attend and we can only fit 20,000, there is not a business in the world that becomes successful by turning away paying consumers. The same applies to Campbelltown.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 4:00 pm

leave it as is... get rid of ground announcers and ppl trying to rev up the crowd.. they were crap anyway...

p.s. thought it was pretty disrespectful at halftime in the 20's when an 8 year old kid was still lying on the field waiting to be stretchered off that the announcer was trying to rev up the crowd... that the teams even ran out for that matter... could have been handled better imo..

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:11 pm

A marshall quad box on the roof of the grand stand costs a few hundred bucks buck would do the trick. The Fib can buy it and plug it in on game days. It would help alot !!!
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:15 pm

10 port-a-loos would not go astray on the hill either.

The toilet facilities are a disgrace.

The vision of streams of people urinating behing the scoreboard into the trees is disgusting.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:31 pm

mtd wrote:leave it as is... get rid of ground announcers and ppl trying to rev up the crowd.. they were crap anyway...

p.s. thought it was pretty disrespectful at halftime in the 20's when an 8 year old kid was still lying on the field waiting to be stretchered off that the announcer was trying to rev up the crowd... that the teams even ran out for that matter... could have been handled better imo..
A kid had to be stretchered off after playing touch?????

Tell me ur joking?
i know for a fact that the GAYFL want to use Callen park and they want AFL ONLY at Birchgrove oval that would be sacrilege I hate the Greens with a passion why people vote for them is beyond me,they are Fascist C---s
Its up to Balmain JRL to keep it RL...they do a pretty good job in that regard tho