Extreme lack of aggression

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Montague Street

Re: Extreme lack of aggression

Post by Montague Street » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 10:20 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens has always been a person who has had a distinct inability to coach aggression into the Wests Tigers (and a great inability to have a side not be complacent.)

Teams will bash the hell out of us this year and that will not be any different this weekend against Manly unless this coach can actually coach EXTREME AGGRESSION into our game.

By all rights Cronulla should have beaten us at the so called 'Spiritual Home' if not for refereeing blunders. They were bigger and more aggressive and got over the top of us.

We need to be AGGRESSIVE. If not, Manly will easily put 20 on us if they are at full strength.
I entirely disagree.
Aggression and passion do not win games.
Nor does a lack of jared wharea hargraves style aggro lose games.
What the Tigers must do is stick to Sheens game plan and not drop the ball, stand off side , miss tackles etc etc

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Rugby League: The Game They Play in Hell

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 07 Mar, 2012 10:25 am

[quote="tigertales"]What a load of rubbish, Rnd 1 a win, albeit a scrappy one and its The Fonz blah blah blah seriously you dont get bored of that??? Bit easier to watch in the air conditioning at home isnt it BB cos if you were at the ground you would have realised that Gallen had no aggression, Gibbs showed no aggression playing against his old Club that punted him, Fifita had no aggression, tell me a forward that did, maybe Ellis but he only knows one way. Suppose we should sack Timmy and get Tommy?

As for Galloway, he shouldnt have even played on the weekend so yea he was below his best.[/quote]
Don't tell me they let him play injured in the first game only to make it so bad he's out for six weeks :crazy

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 07 Mar, 2012 2:28 pm

tigertales wrote:What a load of rubbish, Rnd 1 a win, albeit a scrappy one and its The Fonz blah blah blah seriously you dont get bored of that??? Bit easier to watch in the air conditioning at home isnt it BB cos if you were at the ground you would have realised that Gallen had no aggression, Gibbs showed no aggression playing against his old Club that punted him, Fifita had no aggression, tell me a forward that did, maybe Ellis but he only knows one way. Suppose we should sack Timmy and get Tommy?

As for Galloway, he shouldnt have even played on the weekend so yea he was below his best.
Maybe we could get Tommy and use the Cattle Dog call? ;)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 07 Mar, 2012 2:33 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
tigertales wrote:What a load of rubbish, Rnd 1 a win, albeit a scrappy one and its The Fonz blah blah blah seriously you dont get bored of that??? Bit easier to watch in the air conditioning at home isnt it BB cos if you were at the ground you would have realised that Gallen had no aggression, Gibbs showed no aggression playing against his old Club that punted him, Fifita had no aggression, tell me a forward that did, maybe Ellis but he only knows one way. Suppose we should sack Timmy and get Tommy?

As for Galloway, he shouldnt have even played on the weekend so yea he was below his best.
Maybe we could get Tommy and use the Cattle Dog call? ;)
Or just get someone to headbutt Farah in the scrum ala Anthony Watts.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

bbtigers81

Post by bbtigers81 » Thu 08 Mar, 2012 2:31 am

Aggression would be nice, but what we really need is better execution of last tackle plays and a little more direction. At one point I think our possession dropped to something like 25%. The good thing is that this was the first game of the year and there is plenty of time for improvement. And the boys need to learn how to deal with injuries. Last year when we lost Lote and Lawrence in a single game it was the rest of the team lost a gear or two, and the same thing happened when Tedesco went down. Still, I thought there were some positives.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Goose

Post by Goose » Thu 08 Mar, 2012 9:39 am

aggression if over rated. Execution is far more important than aggression.

Aggression often leads to mistakes.

Obviously you need to be strong in the tackle (attack and defense) but in the modern game that is as much technique as anything else anyway.

FIFTY SIX

Post by FIFTY SIX » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 8:43 am

IT LOOKS LIKE BUG HAS BEEN RIGHT ALL ALONG.

IM NEW TO THE FORUM AS A CONTRIBUTER, I HAVE BEEN READING IT FOR YEARS.

EVERYTHING BUG HAS SAID ABOUT THE COACH, THE LACK OF AGGRESSION AND THE POOR MANAGEMENT OF EVERYTHING THAT IS DONE IS CORRECT.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 8:53 am

MASON , just to add the sting

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 8:57 am

andrew 474 wrote:MASON , just to add the sting
What ?? I didn't realize that Mason was a apiarist

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:09 am

no not apiarist , but may look good with black and gold on him