Extreme lack of aggression

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
stryker

Re: Extreme lack of aggression

Post by stryker » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 11:49 am

I think Blair will add aggression for us this year...He and Ellis need to monster and bully their opposites.

I want the BASH BROTHERS!!!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 12:11 pm

I think we had seven penalties in a row against us,after we skipped to a good early lead.

And add to that a try off a blatant forward pass,and the most ridiculous advantage rule against us that I have ever seen in the sharks ten.

That's what killed our momentum.

Not the coach [edited by Mods].

adamtiger

Post by adamtiger » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 12:46 pm

i think everyone is forgetting that cronullas pack aint as bad as it used to be, they were bigger and stronger and I feel we contained them well on Sunday, blairs first game in tigers colours he looked a little out of sorts with the ball and gave lawerence a few hospital balls imo.

Its roudn 1 ona bloody hot day, i came home looking like a lobster and I dont burn easy and some boys onthat field lost 3-5kgs after the game..

winning ugly at the start of the year with a penalty count againest you is a good sign of a good team,..... no need to feak out yet sheens knows what hes doing.....

And two players went off unjured... moltz and tedesco!

willow

Post by willow » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 12:48 pm

smeghead wrote::lol: Amusing as always Buggaboo
Amusing doesn't begin to describe half the rants Bug makes :deadhorse:

everett

Post by everett » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 12:56 pm

Maybe Bug should support another side with a coach he likes.

Sheens has won 4 premierships.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 1:01 pm

I thought we started quite strongly in the middle, thought Woods and Groat in particular were aggressive and strong in the tackle.
Thought our defensive errors were at the edges, with unfortunately Marshall, Ayshford and Lawrence dropping off a few more than usual.

Considering at one point we lost half our spine, had our bench rotation thrown out by the injuries on a stinking hot day, was a nice win.

coolcat

Post by coolcat » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 1:03 pm

We won with the most errors, most missed tackles, the wrong side of a penalty count, and we had less time with the ball.

Plus I didn't like the reffing. I don't think I saw the sharks get back ten meters all day

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 1:09 pm

The Tigers are not an 'aggressive' side. We have never won games using aggression, we have made the top 4 the last couple of years, so I don't know why we need to become an 'aggressive' team all of a sudden.

Sure it would be nice, and could prove advantageous as times, but I don't know whether it will make us a better team. I am happy to rely on Benji or Robbie brilliance.

rossop

Post by rossop » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 2:00 pm

Dont know if its aggression or not but the side still seems to play 'heart attack' footy. Judging by watching all the games on the box over the weekend I would put three or four sides ahead of us and one of them is the side we will be up against this weekend. I dont know if the weather played a big roll. It was the same for both sides. True too, the Sharkies are a better side this year and will be in with a chance of making the finals.

Whatever it was, if the boys dont lift, bug will be right with one prediction: The swamp cockies will put 20 on us!

saundo55

Post by saundo55 » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 2:05 pm

Some of you blokes are unbelievable - round 1 difficult conditions we win and you are still complaining I think you may be legends in your own minds give the guys a chance for heavens sake

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 2:17 pm

saundo55 wrote:Some of you blokes are unbelievable - round 1 difficult conditions we win and you are still complaining I think you may be legends in your own minds give the guys a chance for heavens sake

X2

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 2:37 pm

I always give the team 6 weeks to gel ..there are certain aspects of the team I was not happy with on Sunday but all in all a good performance .We lost 2 important positions very quickly which affected the play the weather was crap..there are a lot of new faces in the squad and others seem to take a while to run into condition as all should know if you follow the team from the start of each season.No good ripping heads off in the first round give it time!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 2:50 pm

I seemed to think that Ellis and Woods in particular ran the ball with some sting, and our whole pack was pretty aggressive in defense. It's hard to maintain that sort of constant energy in the heat they played in, Cronulla's pack looked to drop off as well.

Like others have said, give the blokes a break, it's first game back, we took the win. If we're laying down in more favourable climate 8 weeks from now, that's when we should be worried.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

PASSION is another word I used.

PASSION in defence, PASSION in attack. Kick/chase PASSION. It comes down to hunger and several players did not have it from the outset of Sunday.

They need to be fired up from the outset.

It was pretty bad really. Best and Pomeroy outplayed Lawrence and Ayshford !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wtf

It comes down to passion and desire. Jared WAREA-HARGRAVES had all of that in abundance last night and he inspired his side to the most unlikely of wins. When I watched our team, less than half of our team played with Mongrel, Passion and Aggression.

The heat? yes it was hot, but I am talking about a problem that this side has had for years not just last Sunday. We need to fire the heck up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 3:31 pm

cktiger wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote: Thats what we need, MONGREL, PASSION and AGGRESSION. We rely on Benji and Robbie to pull something out of their proverbial for us to win.

That wont be good enough for us in 2012. We need more. We wont make the top 8 if we dont show MONGREL, PASSION and AGGRESSION.

Its the same story, year after year after year with this inept coach.
Seemed to work quite well the last 2 years when we made the top 4
OK if you're happy with top 4 Dave - I'd prefer to be premiers.
Bug's right about the lack of aggression - Ellis is the ONLY forward to be consistently aggressive.
Galloway was a passenger last week - hopefully only because of the heat.
He ,more than anyone, needs to take charge EVERY week.
Both the young props get fired up in sporadically - Galloway has said he wants to lead the forwards so here's his chance.
Lead by example and those young guys will follow.
Blair is a tough nut - I think once he finds his place he'll also be one they can follow.
This is our year - we need to make sure we put fear into every team.
In the past our ability to score points has worried teams - not having to deal with our pack.
Be good to worry teams all over the park!
No he's not, he said it's the same story year after year, no aggression and that we wouldn't even make the top 8 this year. He's completely disregarded the fact we made the top 4 in the last 2 years.

If the thinks we need aggression to go further in the finals series.....maybe, but considering we've been dudded by the officials not once, but twice in a row, I'm not sure being aggressive is the way to go there either.

Years ago we would have been happy with just a finals appearance, well we've made a top 4 twice in a row and yes this year I hope the last 2 years all pays off, but carrying on like this after 1 game, give me a break.

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 3:46 pm

We talk about passion and aggression from the players but what disappointed me was the lack of passion and aggression from the crowd. I normally go to CSS and was looking forward to the experience of going to LO. There seems to be this euphoria about the place, but personally I didn't see much difference between the two ground except for the packed crowd on the hill. As I said we knock the players for lack of passion but us as fans have no excuses.
Sure the crowd got vocal when the refs made one of the many blunders, but apart from that we were pretty quiet. Sometimes at CSS I get a bit embarrassed that a small group of visitors are more vocal than the Tigers fans but on Sunday I was expecting the crowd to go hysterical but it just didn't happen.
We need to take a leaf out of the pommies book. Now they really now how to support their teams.
I was also surprised how many fan show up not wearing their teams colors. Very disappointing ..!

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 3:48 pm

oh God!!! its started already...
BB has had the offseason and is fully locked and loaded.

two words

ROUND ONE!!!!

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 3:54 pm

bug, the magpies days are over. masters mastered the art of aggression because of his intellectual ingenuity however society saw it as violent and banned the art. ultimately it cost wests a premiership when we had the best team in that era. hartley saw to that and ironically i believe Humphreys. however this is 2012. we are in a new epoch. when i think of aggression these days i think of john hopate and terry lamb - how far did that get us?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"