Extreme lack of aggression

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Extreme lack of aggression

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 8:33 am

Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens has always been a person who has had a distinct inability to coach aggression into the Wests Tigers (and a great inability to have a side not be complacent.)

Teams will bash the hell out of us this year and that will not be any different this weekend against Manly unless this coach can actually coach EXTREME AGGRESSION into our game.

By all rights Cronulla should have beaten us at the so called 'Spiritual Home' if not for refereeing blunders. They were bigger and more aggressive and got over the top of us.

We need to be AGGRESSIVE. If not, Manly will easily put 20 on us if they are at full strength.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.


everett
Member
Member
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri 12 Mar, 2010 11:01 pm
Location: Kings Langley

Post by everett » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 8:37 am

Balmain Bug I don't agree with your comments especially all the Sheens bashing but I do agree we need to be more aggressive especially against sides lke Manly.

Manly were impressive on the weekend and if we don't turn up on Friday it could get ugly on the scoreboard.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32715
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 8:42 am

It was round 1 and the Tigers were rusty which was to be expected. But hey, don't let a win stop you from putting the boot into the coach yet again.

Adman
Member
Member
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by Adman » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 8:47 am

Wah wah. My god it never ends.

Clearly you weren't baking in the sun on Sunday. I alone know 6 people who couldn't bare the heat and had to leave for home ill... can't imagine what it would be like to run around in that sort of weather. Let alone being more aggressive.

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 8:49 am

willow wrote:It was round 1 and the Tigers were rusty which was to be expected. But hey, don't let a win stop you from putting the boot into the coach yet again.

The booting will continue until he learns how to coach.

He is a terrible coach who does not learn and makes the same mistakes year after year with what is a great squad. He is terrible.

Why was our team complacent again against the Sharks?? Why could he not fire them up to rip and tear?? We all knew that would happen.

Did you see Warea Hargraves last night?? He AGGRESIVELY killed Souths .

Thats what we need, MONGREL, PASSION and AGGRESSION. We rely on Benji and Robbie to pull something out of their proverbial for us to win.

That wont be good enough for us in 2012. We need more. We wont make the top 8 if we dont show MONGREL, PASSION and AGGRESSION.

Its the same story, year after year after year with this inept coach.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.


tiga4eva
Member
Member
Posts: 2055
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by tiga4eva » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 8:51 am

Its enough to make you throw the towel in and support another team


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 8:56 am

:lol: Amusing as always Buggaboo
Image

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 10931
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 8:58 am

Balmain Bug wrote: Thats what we need, MONGREL, PASSION and AGGRESSION. We rely on Benji and Robbie to pull something out of their proverbial for us to win.

That wont be good enough for us in 2012. We need more. We wont make the top 8 if we dont show MONGREL, PASSION and AGGRESSION.

Its the same story, year after year after year with this inept coach.
Seemed to work quite well the last 2 years when we made the top 4

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:00 am

I agree 100% that we lack agression... I'm not too worried about last Sunday considering the circumstances, but we will need to increase this area of our game if we are going to limit the time the Manly's halves have with the ball. The moment we allowed Carney to start running the football once or twice in every set, was the moment Cronulla started controlling the game.

To beat Manly, we need to play a similar style of game like in NFL. We need to win the battle in the middle and on the edges to get the chance to put the 6 or 7 on thier bum. Foran showed last year he likes dishing out the tough stuff. Unfortunately, he doesnt go so well when the tough stuff is inflicted upon him and this will be a key to limiting thier point scoring.

I'm hoping we will see a far more aggressive Tigers this Friday night!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

batboy
Member
Member
Posts: 1359
Joined: Mon 27 Sep, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by batboy » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:06 am

Bug, I don't know if you were at the game on Sunday, But it was ridiculous weather....
And you're right... We didn't deserve to win on the weekend. But neither did the Sharks!!
You refer to the reffing blunders, It was the same blunders that lead to the try which put the sharks in the race.
If we hadn't got the penalty after Carney Drop attempt, Who's to say they would have converted into points.
I agree we do lack an aggressive man up front... Manly were full strength last year and we beat them.... Up the middle in fact!! How do you explain that considering your concerns here?
Sure... Gibbs had plenty of Mongrel, But not many metres....
Woods has meters, But seems pretty casual. That said, If someone fires him up.... Who Knows?
At the end of the day, Metres win the game mate..... Not mongrel!!
We are 1/1.... And your rubbishing the coach? Whilst i'm not surprised, you might wanna hold your tongue for a bit....
As I see it..... as of this moment we are undefeated!!
We deserved the win on Sunday more than the Sharks. They got more easy outs from the Refereeing than we did!!
Balmain Bug wrote:Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens has always been a person who has had a distinct inability to coach aggression into the Wests Tigers (and a great inability to have a side not be complacent.)

Teams will bash the hell out of us this year and that will not be any different this weekend against Manly unless this coach can actually coach EXTREME AGGRESSION into our game.

By all rights Cronulla should have beaten us at the so called 'Spiritual Home' if not for refereeing blunders. They were bigger and more aggressive and got over the top of us.

We need to be AGGRESSIVE. If not, Manly will easily put 20 on us if they are at full strength.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3456
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:16 am

Tigerdave wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote: Thats what we need, MONGREL, PASSION and AGGRESSION. We rely on Benji and Robbie to pull something out of their proverbial for us to win.

That wont be good enough for us in 2012. We need more. We wont make the top 8 if we dont show MONGREL, PASSION and AGGRESSION.

Its the same story, year after year after year with this inept coach.
Seemed to work quite well the last 2 years when we made the top 4
OK if you're happy with top 4 Dave - I'd prefer to be premiers.
Bug's right about the lack of aggression - Ellis is the ONLY forward to be consistently aggressive.
Galloway was a passenger last week - hopefully only because of the heat.
He ,more than anyone, needs to take charge EVERY week.
Both the young props get fired up in sporadically - Galloway has said he wants to lead the forwards so here's his chance.
Lead by example and those young guys will follow.
Blair is a tough nut - I think once he finds his place he'll also be one they can follow.
This is our year - we need to make sure we put fear into every team.
In the past our ability to score points has worried teams - not having to deal with our pack.
Be good to worry teams all over the park!

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5271
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:36 am

Balmain Bug wrote:Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens has always been a person who has had a distinct inability to coach aggression into the Wests Tigers (and a great inability to have a side not be complacent.)

Teams will bash the hell out of us this year and that will not be any different this weekend against Manly unless this coach can actually coach EXTREME AGGRESSION into our game.

By all rights Cronulla should have beaten us at the so called 'Spiritual Home' if not for refereeing blunders. They were bigger and more aggressive and got over the top of us.

We need to be AGGRESSIVE. If not, Manly will easily put 20 on us if they are at full strength.
30 degrees, 90% humidity, boggy surface.

I don't care how fit or intense you are, The aggression will drop off in conditions like that. Having said that, the likes of Groat and Fulton who are generally not known for their aggression were up tempo from last year, with Groat even making a Fifita-esque run across field fending away defenders and drawing players before single handedly creating an overlap, only to have a dropped ball stop our momentum...

I think come Friday night, in cooler conditions up at bluetoungue you will see a rested and relaxed Tigers unit BATTER AND SMASH an already broken down and busted Manly unit. DCE won't know what to do without Foran, and their only cheap shot merchant will be George Rose, and he'll only be good for one decent hit.
Image

Tigerdale
Member
Member
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Tigerdale » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:47 am

bug, just a question.


why do u think it should be up to the coach, to lift players up for the first game of the season, at a sunny Liechardt oval ?

would u not assume, after 5 months of no footy, the players would be itching to get out there and rip in ?

i had my first soccer game of the year on Sunday, and i can assure you, i didn't need the coach to get in my ear and 'fire me up' for the game.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:49 am

Tigerdale wrote:bug, just a question.


why do u think it should be up to the coach, to lift players up for the first game of the season, at a sunny Liechardt oval ?

would u not assume, after 5 months of no footy, the players would be itching to get out there and rip in ?

i had my first soccer game of the year on Sunday, and i can assure you, i didn't need the coach to get in my ear and 'fire me up' for the game.
regardless.... It 'IS' the coaching staff's responsability to ensure the boys are raring to go!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
DavidDuncan
Member
Member
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue 20 Apr, 2010 11:54 am
Location: Berowra

Post by DavidDuncan » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:51 am

Give Galloway a break. With that red hair he wasn't going to last long in the sun. :)
Remember the past. Live in the now. Plan for the future.

tiger rocket
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun 19 Feb, 2012 10:13 pm

Post by tiger rocket » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:56 am

What I think we need is more enthusiasm (which was difficult in the conditions last week) I don't want aggression cause that will lead to penalties against us. This week on a cool night game I think we will see our guys step up. My biggest concerns put of last week are:

1. Go forward
2. Moltzen providing direction around the park.
3. Fixing the defence and attack of Lawrence and Ashford.



Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1420
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 9:57 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tigerdale wrote:bug, just a question.


why do u think it should be up to the coach, to lift players up for the first game of the season, at a sunny Liechardt oval ?

would u not assume, after 5 months of no footy, the players would be itching to get out there and rip in ?

i had my first soccer game of the year on Sunday, and i can assure you, i didn't need the coach to get in my ear and 'fire me up' for the game.
regardless.... It 'IS' the coaching staff's responsability to ensure the boys are raring to go!
and that will last 10 minutes and then it is up to the players.

andrew 474
Member
Member
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sat 11 Jun, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by andrew 474 » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 10:10 am

sign big willy up before newcastle do , he will add sting to our pack of the bench

Post Reply