Utai

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
tiger91

Utai

Post by tiger91 » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 9:44 pm

As much as he surprised me last year, as much as i was pleased that we resigned him and as much as I like his bustling runs off our own line.. I think it's time we start looking at another wing option.

I know he is only there to cover for Tiquiri (due back in 2 weeks) but its time we gave one of our younger boys a run.

This is how I see it:

- His work rate has been poor the last two weeks. I base this on the fact Ryan almost doubled Utai's involvement last week vs the Sharks. Tonight, I rarely saw him in the first half and it took 40 minutes for him to get in the game.

- As strong as he can run, how many times does he loose the ball as he takes the hit up? 2 bustling runs and 2 dropped balls in possession... It really negates his impact.

- He has some really silly errors in his game. Try to catch one handed on our own line, defensive blunders against the Dragons jn the finals last year and the blunder vs Pantgers late last year.

I saw give it to Kiriobete until Tiquiri returns. Just as strong, twice the pace, twice as agile.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 9:45 pm

I stand by my comments last week. He cant be in the side.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 9:47 pm

If Koroibete ever gets into this team he will never be out of it imo. Marshall is going to hit him on the chest once and that will be the end of the discussion.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 9:48 pm

Until lote gets back he and reddy should swap.
5. reddy
17.Utai
Number 1 souffs hater

Hit or Miss

Post by Hit or Miss » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 9:49 pm

The guy is an Elephant. Can't jump but can't be tackled. He does however get caught out in D and drop it at the worst of times.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 9:54 pm

Utai is no longer up to first grade standard in the outside backs
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 9:54 pm

tiger91 wrote:As much as he surprised me last year, as much as i was pleased that we resigned him and as much as I like his bustling runs off our own line.. I think it's time we start looking at another wing option.

I know he is only there to cover for Tiquiri (due back in 2 weeks) but its time we gave one of our younger boys a run.

This is how I see it:

- His work rate has been poor the last two weeks. I base this on the fact Ryan almost doubled Utai's involvement last week vs the Sharks. Tonight, I rarely saw him in the first half and it took 40 minutes for him to get in the game.

- As strong as he can run, how many times does he loose the ball as he takes the hit up? 2 bustling runs and 2 dropped balls in possession... It really negates his impact.

- He has some really silly errors in his game. Try to catch one handed on our own line, defensive blunders against the Dragons jn the finals last year and the blunder vs Pantgers late last year.

I saw give it to Kiriobete until Tiquiri returns. Just as strong, twice the pace, twice as agile.

Have to agree 91,

Koroibete can do everything Utai can do but with pace.
If it does happen next week, it will never happen.

I say give the kid ago, he's got 2 weeks to show what he made of.
All heart and speed.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 9:55 pm

I loved it when he turned to retrieve the wayward Farah pass and fell off and flailed madly at the ball but his midget arms couldn't reach it. Sums him up really for me. Sure he is insanely strong but damn he has some drawbacks.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 9:59 pm

The Berala bears need a captain

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:05 pm

MacDougall wrote:I loved it when he turned to retrieve the wayward Farah pass and fell off and flailed madly at the ball but his midget arms couldn't reach it. Sums him up really for me. Sure he is insanely strong but damn he has some drawbacks.
Don;t know if 'loved it' is the right call but it did sum him up perfectly.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Bazzinator

Post by Bazzinator » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:10 pm

utai out 4-6 weeks medial ligament damage

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:14 pm

I wonder if it means Tuqiri to return early or if it just means Reddy will play wing. I hope it gives Koroibete a shot.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:23 pm

MacDougall wrote:I loved it when he turned to retrieve the wayward Farah pass and fell off and flailed madly at the ball but his midget arms couldn't reach it. Sums him up really for me. Sure he is insanely strong but damn he has some drawbacks.
Typical of this forum a lot of the time....what you missed but found amusing was he was in the act of trying to rectify a schoolboy error one of our key playmakers, a shocking pass from Farah

But yes, he has a lot of errors in him himself.

everett

Post by everett » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:25 pm

If he is out injury give a young guy a go. Reddy might be too slow for wing
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:33 pm

I hate to say it but the injury is a blessing in disguise. His drawbacks have been widely discussed and i really don't think we can afford him in the side with the bad far outweighing the good.

I'd even take one of the supporters on the wing instead of him... Any takers?

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:35 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Typical of this forum a lot of the time....what you missed but found amusing was he was in the act of trying to rectify a schoolboy error one of our key playmakers, a shocking pass from Farah

I clearly didn't miss it. I actually mentioned it. It was a brutally shocking pass from Farah but Utai had no right not to pick that ball up. All that play needed was the Benny Hill theme.

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 11:01 pm

MacDougall wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

I clearly didn't miss it. I actually mentioned it. It was a brutally shocking pass from Farah but Utai had no right not to pick that ball up. All that play needed was the Benny Hill theme.
Benny Hill would've kept it in! :D

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 11:12 pm

You love to smash in.. Armchair critics in their finest form. Fools
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!