ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
1/4 chicken,chips

Re: Farah needs 4 weeks

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:20 pm

Yossarian wrote:
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:legs yoss legs , and he goes down like a bag of spuds.Hooker always defends in the middle of the ruck
No argument from me there mate. Said the same thing to my mate at the time - he was far too high given the contact was 10m out. The fact he was the only one of our players in the same postcode as Williams was a worry. The hooker does defend in the middle but when you're on your line you can't have him trying to stop blokes like Williams... Besides it was in the middle of the field but certainly not the ruck.
Yeah maybe a fit Gaz would have been there to help him . but watch the coaches target Farah even more from now on.
He is so ordinary when he goes to first reciever .

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:21 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:on tonights form farah wont play origin.
LOL realy? i don't think it matters how well Farah plays, the man has been blacklisted for life

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:22 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Lol Tony Williams would not have gone down with a legs tackle. Tellingly though the fact that Farah did go high indicated that he felt that his props should have been there to take the legs. So where were they? One meandered off to the wrong side of the field where no play went and the other took a decoy. Not Farah's fault. Good play to isolate the smaller man with the biggest guy on the field. Score one to Manly.
So Tony Williams will score every time he hits it up 10 metres out .turn it up it was a poor attempt of a tackle .We also let the pillow score his first try for over a year .
Lol you must have some comprehension issues.

Yes. Tony Williams will score when hitting it up from 10 metres out, every single time he isolates a smaller man one on one. Unless he meets Joel Edward's shoulder or something akin to it. No wrestling throw style tackle is going to bring that man down. It was not Farah's fault. Farah is literally incapable of defending Tony Williams one on one. It is not something he can do, ever has been able to do or ever will be able to do. If he went low he may have been able to trip him. Maybe 3 times out of 10 Williams would have stampeded through him and stumbled and fell. Most of the time it would have been the same result.

The King try was similar, except I'm sure he wouldn't have the same strike rate as Williams lol. He got lucky that he isolated Marshall off balance. Marshall could take King down more often than not imo. So could Farah.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:25 pm

Are you kidding, its week 2.

He played fine, pretty solid in defence bar the miss on T Rex, we'll find our mojo in a few weeks

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:40 pm

Some incredibly dumb posts in this thread. Farah was courageous tonight - as he always is. The Williams try was definitely no failing of Farah's.

Moh

Post by Moh » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:43 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
LOL realy? i don't think it matters how well Farah plays, the man has been blacklisted for life
And that right there is the problem with Farah. IMO, he's letting that get to him. I can't be certain, but it really seems like Farah is trying to dumb his game down right to the level of Ennis - pickup, pass. We all know how passionate he is about rep footy, so showing the NSW selectors he's just as s*** as Ennis could be the reason.

I don't however think he was terrible, not tonight and not last week. He's just completely holding back being the Farah we're used to.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:44 pm

watch his passing game Pete . it was average to say the least .why is my opinion dumb because its not the way you think ? give it a rest im not bagging any ones opinion.

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:48 pm

Those criticizing Farrah show they are either drunk or no nothing of rugby league or brain power - for ur sake I hope ur drunk

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:52 pm

go hard boonboon . your opinion is the only one thats matters .Was his form worthy of origin selection tonight ? no it wasnt , We lost it tonight because we are a dumb rudderless team . We have learned nothing from last years loss to the Warriors.I havent touched a drop .

dermo

Post by dermo » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 11:02 pm

During the first 20 minutes of the second half when Manly were all over us, Farah was the only one doing anything when we had the ball, Benji and Moltz went completly missing. We completly dominated them in the first half when we were spinning the ball wide after hitting the ball up thorugh the middle, and the same thing worked in the last 15, but for the middle part of the game we never went wide through Benji or Moltz.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 11:18 pm

I think most here are missing the beautiful ball playing iirc from DCE- or maybe Foran - that set it up for williams to be one on one against Robbie.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 11:28 pm

Yeah how dare i criticise our international captain.No one can tackle Tony Williams.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 11:31 pm

There's no doubt Farah is not at his best at the moment, but let's look at it like this:

1. He's returning to football from a groin operation so his off-season was very disrupted and he has not done all the running the rest of the team has, and he plays in a position where runs more than most if not all.

2. He played with a broken nose and 2 black eyes and copped another whack on it in the first half.

3. He gave away 30 kilos to T-REXX and we've seen him trample bigger players front on (remember Heighno getting swatted in the tri-series in England).

4. Despite being a bit off the pace he made 48 tackles. It's just a shame the 1 missed tackle led to a try.

5. He'll improve.

Montague Street

Post by Montague Street » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 11:42 pm

Golden wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:Well perhaps you should watch that game again. Farah may not have done a lot in attack but his defended really well. I dont think its his fitness that is in question.
you mean when he yelled touch on T Rex?
I agree.
Seriously, was Robbie Farah the only person that thought T Rex might pass and that was why he had to try a ball and all tackle?!
T-Rex has never passed the ball.
Please send in the Aikido instructors to teach that the way to tackle juggernauts like T-Rex is around the waist then slide down tight to the knees.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Rugby League: The Game They Play in Hell

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 11:46 pm

Just watching the replay I've seen 2 of our players miss Williams first up...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 11:59 pm

Montague Street wrote:
Golden wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:Well perhaps you should watch that game again. Farah may not have done a lot in attack but his defended really well. I dont think its his fitness that is in question.
you mean when he yelled touch on T Rex?
I agree.
Seriously, was Robbie Farah the only person that thought T Rex might pass and that was why he had to try a ball and all tackle?!
T-Rex has never passed the ball.
Please send in the Aikido instructors to teach that the way to tackle juggernauts like T-Rex is around the waist then slide down tight to the knees.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Yeh?
Then hes up in an instant, no marker, playing the ball and the dummy half scores.
Theres no benefit in low tackles in the game any more

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:16 am

there must be a natural leader in our team. God bless Robbie, but in all honesty i dont think he is the smartest player in our team. i think we have got this one wrong. i vote for lawrence.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:22 am

He tried to hold T rex up until one of the big boppers came in to help. He didnt get a good enough grip so the help had no time to get there.

A part from that, as Willow pointed out, he played tough tonight, is not at full fitness, was involved in 2 of the tries tonight and made 48 tackles!

Give him a break FFS.