Farah needs 4 weeks

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
cunno

Re: Farah needs 4 weeks

Post by cunno » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:11 am

The bloke gives his heart and soul week in week out, wouldn't swap him, played with a broken nose and copped another wack on the snozz last night which slowed him up for 30 secs but he got up again and kept going, he missed the tackle on that runaway train but so what plenty do and plenty will continue to and there should have been someone else there to assist.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:19 am

He is a gutsy bloke... Topped the tackle count again last night (54) and this is where his problem starts!

He is doing to much and needs a break from playing dummy half, first reciever, and plugging the middle to allow the bloke 'time' to make the right decisions more often.

Politoni can reduce Robbies workload!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:27 am

I think your spot on TW , and he is making 50 tackles because they are targeting him in their attack ,simply to tire him out . A spell in the game will give our 7 a chance to run the show.No one doubts his toughness at all,but we cant keep using the injury excuse every time he makes the wrong option.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:46 am

He made one or two poor decisions last night with the ball in hand.

Moltzen needs to start overcalling plays, getting involved and oing his job. Farah is basically in the same position we were in with John Morris at halfback until Moltz steps up.

The tackle against T-Rex comes down to alot of factors like DCE's superb ball work and both props missing the read completely and poor body positioning from Robbie in the circumstances. I can live with it all things considered from the broken nose, the fatigue from Sunday etc.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:54 am

Geez we really over react after a loss, dont we.
4 points against the premiers, week 2...long way to go

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 10:14 am

So you cant see the same problems we have had in the past few seasons.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 10:21 am

newcastle , manly , storm , broncos , souths , dogs , will all beat us as we canott go forward enough , big and experienced teams will beat us , and yes i know it is only round 2 but we cant say ah its only round 9 doing the same thing injuries , no back up again

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 10:41 am

We dont have the mongrel, the power, the experience in the forwards.

Management knew Payten and Dwyer were not going to be with us in 2012. So what does the Fonz and the Fib do?

They sack Fifita and Gibbs.

We miss Gibbs tightness in defence around the ruck. The Tony William try where no one helped Robbie Farah in defence was a DISGRACE and a classic example.

Sheens. . .

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 10:58 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:So you cant see the same problems we have had in the past few seasons.
This threads insane...Im not sure what anyones talking about. People talking about captains commanding big money - LOL that lost me.
What problems have we had the last few years?
Changing (C) yes...that will solve everything...whatever it is :roll:

I dunno bout the last few years, but at this stage of this year farah does look restricted and Im not sure if he's still 100% fit...even though he's supposed to be.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 11:52 am

We were outplayed last night by the premiers who were battle hardened from two very physical games this year already and superbly led by their in form half back. We are only playing at about 60% of our potential and were missing Galloway and Ellis. We started with our youngest front row ever with the bench being just as inexperienced. Our centers are not firing and our ball control was aweful.....

...and we only lost by 4!!!!!

Deep breaths everyone. It is not that bad....

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:08 pm

innsaneink wrote:
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:So you cant see the same problems we have had in the past few seasons.
This threads insane...Im not sure what anyones talking about. People talking about captains commanding big money - LOL that lost me.
What problems have we had the last few years?
Changing (C) yes...that will solve everything...whatever it is :roll:

I dunno bout the last few years, but at this stage of this year farah does look restricted and Im not sure if he's still 100% fit...even though he's supposed to be.
Hence the farah needs 4 weeks.
We will struggle against the bigger sides .o imo

willow

Post by willow » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:10 pm

innsaneink wrote:Geez we really over react after a loss, dont we.
4 points against the premiers, week 2...long way to go
More or less Ink. There's plenty of improvement left in the Tigers and they only lost by 4 points. Promising signs for the season IMO.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:33 pm

Agree with Willow and Ink. Had every right to hoist the white flag with a young pack. The game effectively ended when Ellis left the field. But they hung in. You can't blame everyone from Management to the guy who cleans the toilets for a loss. Well get better.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:34 pm

I hate getting beat by Manly, but I thought there were plenty of positives to take out of the game.
I`ve always been a fan of Ben Murdoch-Masila so was very excited to see him show what he can do last night. Moors showed he`s well and truly up to first grade and I was also happy with the physical approach from Matt Groat, particularly in defence. Aaron Woods was good in patches as was Adam Blair, we probably need a bit more from these two, particularly Blair as he needs to show real leadership for the full 80mins and I think Woods is good enough to press for SOO selection this season, but he needs to be at his very best every week from now to SOO selection time if that is to be a realistic chance.
Similarly we need a bit more from Chris Lawrence, he was mainly very strong in defence except for the miss on Cherry-Evans, but he`s not really getting into the game in attack as yet this season. It was good to see Ayshford come alive in the second half and Moltzen looked much better late in the game once he decided to take on the line. I`d be telling Moltzen to be a ball hog, take on the line at speed as often as possible.
Like most I`d like to see an injection of speed in the backline, Koroboite and Grant two that come to mind.
I like the way Tom Humble runs the ball, but I have to agree with a few others who have mentioned he didn`t position himself too well at times.
Reddy looked a good addition when he come on, like some others I`m not sure if he`s explosive enough to play fullback, but I can tell you that he`s a bit faster than he looks.
All in all, it was always going to be a tough game, a short back up from playing in extreme heat, quite a few went into the game with injuries and lastly I also agree with those who mention playing Pat Politoni on the bench to give Farah a rest. I`d rather get 40-50 top quality minutes out of Robbie, rather than see him struggle through the game and play 80mins.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 1:05 pm

Snake wrote:Farah has a cronic problem with the last tackle option ...this has to be rectified and should of been fix in the off season by the coach.
Yep - I don't mind the rest of his game but some of his last tackle options are unbelievably bad.

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 2:01 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:To get his fitness up to scratch. He is a mile behind in pace .
Are you serious ao a little on the slow side.

He did 50 tackles last night and had a solid game, I think Farah is the heart and soul of that team. He loves the place and always gives 100%.

He might not be at his sharpest but give him some time, he still managed to help set up a try.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 2:08 pm

I've had my whinges on here....but spitting blood at some of these comments!!!!!!
Robbie Farah played 60 minutes last week, and the whole game last night with a broken nose, highlighted by lovely black eyes. Copped a knock in the first half. Returning from off season surgery and minimal preparation for the beginning of the season.........GET A GRIP TURNCOATS!
Those of you who question his last tackle options may want to watch the end of the Cronulla game. When players were dehydrated and cramping he put (two that I remember) beautiful kicks into the corners for us to get field position and turn the Sharkies back.
NOT SMART ENOUGH!!!! Come on Einsteins, the bloke has led our team around the park successfully for more games that I could count.
It's round 2..........combinations need work, players need to establish themselves and the team needs more game time before the lid goes down on the Tigers coffin for 2012.
:brick: :brick:

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 2:15 pm

tigergirlz wrote:I've had my whinges on here....but spitting blood at some of these comments!!!!!!
Robbie Farah played 60 minutes last week, and the whole game last night with a broken nose, highlighted by lovely black eyes. Copped a knock in the first half. Returning from off season surgery and minimal preparation for the beginning of the season.........GET A GRIP TURNCOATS!
Those of you who question his last tackle options may want to watch the end of the Cronulla game. When players were dehydrated and cramping he put (two that I remember) beautiful kicks into the corners for us to get field position and turn the Sharkies back.
NOT SMART ENOUGH!!!! Come on Einsteins, the bloke has led our team around the park successfully for more games that I could count.
It's round 2..........combinations need work, players need to establish themselves and the team needs more game time before the lid goes down on the Tigers coffin for 2012.
:brick: :brick:
x2. BUT i do agree with other comments on his last play options being dreadful. Yes he does some good things, but ofcourse he gets noticed more for the bad. He needs to improve his last play plans 10fold.
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!