Tom Fumble

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
AmericanHistoryX

Re: Tom Fumble

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:50 pm

no one crucifying him - but these things change games. what is it a coincidence that the rot started after this. anyway - i dont hate anyone - its just football - but they can make mistakes in their time not our time. just give me 80 mins and the rest of the week is yours.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:53 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:thats all i want to say.

That's all I wanted to say, too.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:55 pm

A little harsh on the young bloke.A costly drop ball..Yes,but i thought he played quite well.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 10:58 pm

Anyone putting crap on Tommy Humble for his efforts tonight is an idiot. Plain and simple. He did MANY good things out there. Maybe it didnt show up on the tele but from a bloke at the ground, let me tell you he was impressive.

Sure he dropped a sitter but to blame him for the loss is ridiculous.....just saying...

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 1:33 am

How on earth can anyone say that went fwd?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 8:07 am

Apart from that dropped ball, i thought he had a great game again. Just remember, after that occurred when we did get chance to consolidate, Utai did the same thing. Its early days but at this point it really looks to me like Tom should be wearing 7 and Moltz should be at the back. Humble just looks so much more dangerous than Moltz when he has the ball in his hands.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 8:16 am

Yes he dropped the ball, but i thought it went back, but other then that i thought he had a good game. Utai dropped one as well which he seems to do @ least once a game.

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 8:40 am

Snake wrote:Looks better at 1/2 can definatly be a foil for Benji this could be a graet combo.
I thought he looked better at half as well.
He seems to know the role better than Moltzen & to be honest I wouldn't be against Moltzen moving back to fullback as I thought he was getting the hang of it by the end of last season but both are class and both should be in the starting 13

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 8:45 am

tigerdre wrote:
Snake wrote:Looks better at 1/2 can definatly be a foil for Benji this could be a graet combo.
I thought he looked better at half as well.
He seems to know the role better than Moltzen & to be honest I wouldn't be against Moltzen moving back to fullback as I thought he was getting the hang of it by the end of last season but both are class and both should be in the starting 13

Moltz is looking more and more like a great off the bench player.....
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:03 am

Oh Lord it's hard to be HUMBLE when you try to be perfect in every way!!! Fair go, he didn't deliberately drop that ball it was a mistake, stick with him he looks the goods. Come on Tom, Humble your opponents next week :sign:

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:14 am

Manly didn't get to be the 2011 Premiers by being an ordinary side, the only thing different is they now have a less intense coach and they probably suffered greater on the injury front than the Tiges did, have faith in the team.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:23 am

Leave the kid at fullback.Even the best fullback drop a high ball occasionly, who knows he could of lost it in the lights.
I think Humble is a good option atm,the problem lies in the number 7 because we let our 9 play a much bigger role than he should be . imo

tigerdan

Post by tigerdan » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:47 am

He cost us 6 points with a disappointing fumble, not 16 in 10 minute which is why we lost. Blame the tigers for playing 70 minutes of footy, not humble.
I don't support rugby league, i support the Tigers.

flash

Post by flash » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:51 am

Apart from the drop ball, Humble should have also had Evans covered on that line break. If he passes off it isn't the fullbacks concern. I also thought he was found out of position defensively on another couple of occasions. I think Reddy has the experience and confidence that is required at Fullback, we also really need Moltzen to control the game more. Farah and Benji can't do everything.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:58 am

flash wrote:Apart from the drop ball, Humble should have also had Evans covered on that line break. If he passes off it isn't the fullbacks concern. I also thought he was found out of position defensively on another couple of occasions. I think Reddy has the experience and confidence that is required at Fullback, we also really need Moltzen to control the game more. Farah and Benji can't do everything.
I understand what you're saying in regards to Evans. Maybe he thought Benji would run him down and that Utai was absolutely no chance of staying with the Manly winger so he took him. Thats what would have thought. As for being out of position other times, yes he was, but he was also in position with big Tony Williams running at him and showed, the old addage is still true, you can't run without legs.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:33 pm

it was a knock on.
ball certainly didn't bounce off his hands towards the goal line.

i've got my doubts so far of him at fullback.
letting balls bounce against the sharks and a simple drop this week.

if you can't consistently field kicks you won't last long at fullback.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:41 pm

bonstonker wrote:it was a knock on.
ball certainly didn't bounce off his hands towards the goal line.

i've got my doubts so far of him at fullback.
letting balls bounce against the sharks and a simple drop this week.

if you can't consistently field kicks you won't last long at fullback.
I can see now why Tedesco was chosen ahead of him it will be a long year if Humble stays at fullback.

LaT

Post by LaT » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 1:21 pm

Jesus some people are quick to judge.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!