Tom Fumble

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
GNR4LIFE

Re: Tom Fumble

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 5:29 pm

If you look at what hurt our charge in 09 the most, it was when Gallant got injured against the Roosters. As soon as he got injured, it messed up our structure which had been settled and firing. After that Moltzen moved back to 1 and Lui was thrown in when he wasn't yet ready. Gallant was realy was unlucky to have gotten injured when he did. If he hadn't, who knows what could have happened

willow

Post by willow » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 6:45 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:Im a fan of Humble and believe he is a genuine first grader. I just cant work out what his best position would be. I think he can handle fulback but is better suited in the front line as a halfback, 5/8 or even hooker

Agreed, he looks a very good 6/7 to me.

I really am starting to think that Moltz may go back to one and Humble to halves.

Tedesco getting injured really has thrown a spanner in the works.
I agree, I thought he looked dangerous up in the front line late in the game. I'd even be open to having Tuqiri and Koroibete on the wings this year and shift Ryan to fullback if Humble fails to make it his own. I think Humble does offer good utility value off the bench.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 7:27 pm

willow wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:Im a fan of Humble and believe he is a genuine first grader. I just cant work out what his best position would be. I think he can handle fulback but is better suited in the front line as a halfback, 5/8 or even hooker

Agreed, he looks a very good 6/7 to me.

I really am starting to think that Moltz may go back to one and Humble to halves.

Tedesco getting injured really has thrown a spanner in the works.
I agree, I thought he looked dangerous up in the front line late in the game. I'd even be open to having Tuqiri and Koroibete on the wings this year and shift Ryan to fullback if Humble fails to make it his own. I think Humble does offer good utility value off the bench.
Willow really like the idea of Ryan going back to fullback once Lote is back and firing

1 Ryan
2 Lote
3 Lawrence
4 Ayshford
5 Reddy
6 Benji
7 Moltzen or Miller or Humble
8 Keefy
9 Farah
10 Woods
11 Blair
12 Ellis
13 Rhino

14 BMM
15 Groat
16 Bell
17 Fulton

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 3:52 pm

One drop ball (altho costly) doesn't mean he cant play. I think he has been pretty decent in the 2 games he has played.
Billy Slater drops the ball sometimes too.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 4:12 pm

bonstonker wrote:it was a knock on.
ball certainly didn't bounce off his hands towards the goal line.

i've got my doubts so far of him at fullback.
letting balls bounce against the sharks and a simple drop this week.

if you can't consistently field kicks you won't last long at fullback.
This is , unfortunately, very true.
I really think he is a good player but not sure if fullback is his best position.
Great 14 but not a full time fullback.
If he keeps playing well but still is still messing up bombs Sheens will have no option but to move Moltzen back there and play him at half.( maybe his secret plan 8-) )
Other possiblity is to put Ryan at the back , Reddy on the wing and put him back on the bench.