ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
innsaneink

Re: Adam Blair

Post by innsaneink » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 7:56 pm

I can use it and I did.
My grandma couldve scored the try Blair scored.

Face it....he needs to pull his finger out

willow

Post by willow » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 8:10 pm

innsaneink wrote:I can use it and I did.
My grandma couldve scored the try Blair scored.

Face it....he needs to pull his finger out
Can't argue with you on that Ink, although Blair isn't the only player not at the peak of his game at the moment. Got a feeling players like he, Moltzen, Lawrence, Galloway - will take some weeks to find some form. Not ideal but a lot of players seem to take a while to find their mojo.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 8:58 pm

Blair does need to get more involved, but that could be said about the majority of the side...

Some might waltz straight into a new club and perform and some might need couple of weeks to work their way in.

If he hasn't improved in another two to three weeks, we can then get upset.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:08 pm

Can't argue with you on that Ink, although Blair isn't the only player not at the peak of his game at the moment. Got a feeling players like he, Moltzen, Lawrence, Galloway - will take some weeks to find some form. Not ideal but a lot of players seem to take a while to find their mojo.

It seems to be a recurring theme year after year doesnt it?
'09 9th after the first third of the season, rd 8 = 4/4 WLWLLWWL
'10 8th after rd 8 = 4/4 WLWWWLLL
'11 7TH AFTER RD 8 = 4/4 LWWLWLLW
In fact its been basically the same- 3 or 4 wins by round 8, since 2004

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:41 pm

Yeah is all that counts is the ending....

And on blair ..yes he has been a bit quiet but it could be some match fitness he did have the last 5 weeks off last year....he will kick ass dont panic guys...this guy has all the skills....

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:53 pm

Interesting, a bloke at work bought Blair last year for his fantasy league team and commented on how he didn't earn many points because of his lack of involvement during the season. When he found out WTs had bought Blair he gave me plenty about what a waste of money Blair was. I'm not giving up on him as it's only been two rounds and I hope he proves my work mate wrong as I would love to return serve at the first available opportunity.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:57 pm

cktiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Graham ran 111m and made 24 tackles, missed 2 in 52 mins...he's a pom aclimatising
Blair ran 52 m, made 23 tackles and missed 6 in 80 mins
You can't use that Ink - the Dragons were hopeless and we were playing a team in top form.
My grandmother could have run over a 100m against the Dragons in that game. ;)
blair is a different sort of player than graham. graham is used as a workaholic prop... doing the tough stuff.. blair is used as a ball playing forward.. i dont think its a fair comparison.

bob56

Post by bob56 » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:05 pm

For a ball playing forward, he doesn't pass much... or run much for that matter.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:23 pm

innsaneink wrote:

It seems to be a recurring theme year after year doesnt it?
'09 9th after the first third of the season, rd 8 = 4/4 WLWLLWWL
'10 8th after rd 8 = 4/4 WLWWWLLL
'11 7TH AFTER RD 8 = 4/4 LWWLWLLW
In fact its been basically the same- 3 or 4 wins by round 8, since 2004

2005 anyone......???

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 8:50 pm

We are talking about the start of the season....im sure no ones forgotten 05 simon

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 11:10 pm

cunno wrote:Interesting, a bloke at work bought Blair last year for his fantasy league team and commented on how he didn't earn many points because of his lack of involvement during the season. When he found out WTs had bought Blair he gave me plenty about what a waste of money Blair was. I'm not giving up on him as it's only been two rounds and I hope he proves my work mate wrong as I would love to return serve at the first available opportunity.
Its interesting, DT and SC are good indicators as to how good of a work-rate these guys have. And its true, Blair isn't a notible fantasy player, and in round 1 only scored 23 points. Not many at all for a back-rower. Does it mean anything?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 11:37 pm

Everyone think for a second . If Blair is involved in a tackle unlike many other second rowers he doesn't roll off at a million miles an hour to get back into the line

Why is that you may ask ?? Because he is the best wrestler in the comp he is giving our defensive line time to reset and reorganize

SC and DT points doesn't necessarily make you a good or bad footballer , it just means you are good at involvement which is important to a team

But if Blair doesn't do what he does defensively these guys that are important to your SC and DT points wouldn't be able to do their jobs and would score far lower scores

cunno

Post by cunno » Wed 14 Mar, 2012 6:16 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
cunno wrote:Interesting, a bloke at work bought Blair last year for his fantasy league team and commented on how he didn't earn many points because of his lack of involvement during the season. When he found out WTs had bought Blair he gave me plenty about what a waste of money Blair was. I'm not giving up on him as it's only been two rounds and I hope he proves my work mate wrong as I would love to return serve at the first available opportunity.
Its interesting, DT and SC are good indicators as to how good of a work-rate these guys have. And its true, Blair isn't a notible fantasy player, and in round 1 only scored 23 points. Not many at all for a back-rower. Does it mean anything?
My workmate reckons it means he's over rated and not worth the $500k I hope Blair proves him wrong as I'll enjoy pointing it out to him.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 14 Mar, 2012 8:49 am

Wake up boys and girls - you don't win the competition with fantasy league points.
We've won one from two not playing at our best( and could easily have been two from two just getting beat by the premiers)
A few new players in the team and a few positional changes to smooth out.... now we're picking rats to throw off the ship!
WHOA BOY , WHOA BOY! :bash

Chris

Post by Chris » Wed 14 Mar, 2012 9:23 am

Seems like Adam will not only be a marked man on the field but off the field too. It's only round 2 of 26. I think some people need to breathe into the proverbial brown paper bag.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Thu 15 Mar, 2012 12:51 pm

cktiger wrote:Wake up boys and girls - you don't win the competition with fantasy league points.
We've won one from two not playing at our best( and could easily have been two from two just getting beat by the premiers)
A few new players in the team and a few positional changes to smooth out.... now we're picking rats to throw off the ship!
WHOA BOY , WHOA BOY!
Exactly.. Look at luke burt hes FL scores are hopeless, but he should be the first picked player in any team. Stats are great but they dont always tell the real story.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Tigers for 2022!