Adam Blair

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
happy tiger

Re: Adam Blair

Post by happy tiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 8:27 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:If Blair has another poor game against the Dragons, what next?

No doubt Sheens and Humphrey's will ring Cronulla and swap De Gois,Johnny Cronk ,Gibbs and Fifita for Blair

That goes without saying doesn't it ??

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 8:30 pm

What do you suggest Happy Tiger?
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 8:33 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Play him at prop so he is forced to earn his money

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
so really, you are scaling his perfomance vs what you think he is earning per year... if thats the case we should call for benjis head every time he drops the ball, misses a goal or throws a wayward pass.. to me it just sounds like ur dirty on the club for losing fafita and gibbs in the process of picking him up... he is better than both of them and here for another 2-3 years or whatever.. deal with it...

go blair, your the best... go blair, your better than fafita and gibbs. go blair, go blair, go blair...

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 10:36 pm

mtd.
Blair is a good player. We are yet to see it that's all.
I hope he tears the Dragons a new one on Friday night.
I know if Bryce Gibbs or Fifita were playing, they would do more than one hit up in the second half :wtf
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 11:02 pm

Blair took more hit ups this week than Blair and Gibbs put together.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 11:33 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:mtd.
I know if Bryce Gibbs or Fifita were playing, they would do more than one hit up in the second half :wtf
look i know the stat could raise some alarm, however the sort of game he plays he could have has his hands on the ball and passed it, ran plent of dummy lines (which is up to the bal player who he passes too) - all of which is important to the team but isnt going to count as a hit up... if we had a team full of heighingtons it wouldnt work..

i know we signed him expecting big things, and i can somewhat understand you expecting him to perform... but the team has hardly gelled yet.. when we do, if he isn't performing - sure... critisize all u want.. i just think your jumping the gun 12 rounds to early here and being way to harsh..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 11:35 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:What do you suggest Happy Tiger?
Bug lets put the shoe on the other foot Gibbs (who as we all know was have many injury issues when at the Tigers with knees etc) plays one game with Sharks and then injures his thumb Round 1 and can't play the following week Should Flanagan then drop him as he is injury prone NO

Same thing with Blair Do we drop him when he has a (unusually) bad game . NO He has to learn the intricacies on playing the Tigers brand of football He has been at the Storm all his career and apart from rep games has only known one coach Craig Bellamy

The only things that Bellamy and Sheens have in common is Sheens coached Bellamy in the 80's The play a particular brand of footy completely the opposite in many respects to each other

Defensively in particular we are totally opposite Tigers have relied on line speed ,Storm on slowing the ruck down with the wrestle

Bug , if you aren't prepared to give Blair an even break of at least 4 weeks to fit into our groove of attack and defence (in particular) you are even more one eyed that I ever thought I know you are a huge fan of Gibbs and so am I , but father time marches on and his knees probably will barely survive 2-3 seasons (and that includes playing him as a bench player )for the last 18 months
As for Fifita of the 4 young guns (Woods ,Groat ,BMM and Fifita) I am guessing that Fifita price stretched well past his ability in comparison to the other three . As I have said previously Fifita is probably a more talented footballer than Groat , but in the long run groat will be far more cosistant and that is what the Tigers require in the forwards . CONSISTANCY .

So I suggest we stick with the NZ vice captain and give him time to adjust just like Flanagan will give both Fifita and Gibbs time to adjust at the Sharks Bug you have to admit that Blair is a big game player and if we make the semis he will be crucial to helping calm some of our younger fellas with his experience alone

Tiger99

Post by Tiger99 » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 12:21 am

What Blairy brings to this squad will begin to show later in the year not only with his individual performance but that of our young forwards.

That I promise you. The ultimate professional.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 12:30 am

Ok happy tiger I'm with you. But I think he could have helped out with some simple hit ups.

But let's concentrate on Friday and think positive vibes towards Blair.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 5:57 am

mtd wrote:
look i know the stat could raise some alarm, however the sort of game he plays he could have has his hands on the ball and passed it, ran plent of dummy lines (which is up to the bal player who he passes too) - all of which is important to the team but isnt going to count as a hit up... if we had a team full of heighingtons it wouldnt work..

i know we signed him expecting big things, and i can somewhat understand you expecting him to perform... but the team has hardly gelled yet.. when we do, if he isn't performing - sure... critisize all u want.. i just think your jumping the gun 12 rounds to early here and being way to harsh..
as i said earlier in the thread he touched the ball 3 times.
1 hit up in the 78th minute and 2 backline movements that stalled when he got his hands on the ball.
we have backs hitting it up while he stands 4 feet in from the sideline watching.

he has been poor and must lift.
can't believe people have such a hard time admitting this.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 8:16 am

Spot on happy you just saved me all that typing, Justgive Blair a break hes played two games with us.

Tommy Magpie

Post by Tommy Magpie » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 8:23 am

Agree - give him a break. We are two rounds down in a very long season.

I watched Blair closely Friday night and was impressed by his work off the ball. He chased hard and was inevitably one of the first down the field chasing kicks.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 8:48 am

bonstonker wrote:
mtd wrote:

1 hit up in the 78th minute and 2 backline movements that stalled when he got his hands on the ball.
we have backs hitting it up while he stands 4 feet in from the sideline watching.

Bon If thats what happened I believe you , but in todays game they play left and right If he is on the left and they are always going right what does he do

He is playing with a team he has played 2 games with If he switches sides and causes a movement to breakdown he will cop it from the coach and the Forum

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 8:56 am

Blair was fine.
I certainly would not be moving him from the edge. I actually think he would be better suited to the right side, but small thing.
I thought the props all played well, and it is there job along with the wingers and Heino to whack up through the middle, Ellis and Blair to attack the fringes. Blair did score a try doing just this.

INteresting, that 2 fan favourites (Ellis and Fulton), who i think overall are outstanding, both made a heap of errors, some important and have got very little criticism.

Blair, who scored a try and was otherwise quiet, with no glaring errors other than some incomplete tackles, has copped alot of flak.

At times fans lack perspective

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:23 am

tigerbenji wrote:Spot on happy you just saved me all that typing, Justgive Blair a break hes played two games with us.
TB had to type it twice after typing it once lost my connection :brick: :rant

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:45 am

Goose wrote:Blair was fine.
I certainly would not be moving him from the edge. I actually think he would be better suited to the right side, but small thing.
I thought the props all played well, and it is there job along with the wingers and Heino to whack up through the middle, Ellis and Blair to attack the fringes. Blair did score a try doing just this.

INteresting, that 2 fan favourites (Ellis and Fulton), who i think overall are outstanding, both made a heap of errors, some important and have got very little criticism.Blair, who scored a try and was otherwise quiet, with no glaring errors other than some incomplete tackles, has copped alot of flak.

You're right there Goose.
Looks like Blair has joined Moltzen ( and to a lesser degree Utai ) as the whipping boys.
To be brutally honest Fulton was the worst player on the field.
Our centres (again) did very little and Marshall was his usual mixed bag of genius and 'what is he doing?"
Humble made a costly error and our completion rate was terrible.
Sure Blair missed a few tackles (one more than Marshall) but he is still finding his feet .
Our team , not just him , is not firing at the moment.
Playing badly we have won a game and narrowly lost to the premiers- not the end of the world just yet.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:53 am

cktiger wrote:
Goose wrote:Blair was fine.

INteresting, that 2 fan favourites (Ellis and Fulton), who i think overall are outstanding, both made a heap of errors, some important and have got very little criticism.Blair, who scored a try and was otherwise quiet, with no glaring errors other than some incomplete tackles, has copped alot of flak.

You're right there Goose.
Looks like Blair has joined Moltzen ( and to a lesser degree Utai ) as the whipping boys.
To be brutally honest Fulton was the worst player on the field.
Our centres (again) did very little and Marshall was his usual mixed bag of genius and 'what is he doing?"
Humble made a costly error and our completion rate was terrible.
Sure Blair missed a few tackles (one more than Marshall) but he is still finding his feet .
Our team , not just him , is not firing at the moment.
Playing badly we have won a game and narrowly lost to the premiers- not the end of the world just yet.
CK Fulton is being played well out of his comfort zone by playing him off the bench
I said this in the pre season if we played Fulton off the bench that he will struggle to find his feet in this role , but to be honest Fulton looks like he has lost a yard of pace One particular run v Cronulla when he slips back inside and almost got through I was amazed I was sure he would score

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:58 am

happy tiger wrote:
bonstonker wrote:
mtd wrote:

Bon If thats what happened I believe you , but in todays game they play left and right If he is on the left and they are always going right what does he do

He is playing with a team he has played 2 games with If he switches sides and causes a movement to breakdown he will cop it from the coach and the Forum
i'll take it a step further.
he knocked on in the 35th min and then got smashed back by lyon and dce in the 37th min.then didn't hit up until the 78th min.
we didn't play exclusively on the right side the second half.
he never looked like a player that wanted the ball the second half.look how far off the play he is standing.

first 30,sure he was fine,though not effective with the ball except for a set play your grand mother could run through.

my real concern is that to get value from him with the ball we have to play a side to side style that has been our downfall on too many occasions.
don't be surprised that we play one good game a month that coincides with one good game a month from blair.