Adam Blair

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
simonthetiger

Re: Adam Blair

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 4:14 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Watched the replay this morning for a third time.

Blair was very poor.

VERY VERY POOR.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

I though he looked pretty sharp.

Another very very poor call from the bug.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 4:16 pm

His work rate was non-existsnt

Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 4:21 pm

His try rate was pretty good.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 4:26 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:Watched the replay this morning for a third time.

Blair was very poor.

VERY VERY POOR.

I though he looked pretty sharp.

Another very very poor call from the bug.
I guess it just comes down to opinion doesn't it

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 4:29 pm

One hit up in the second half is a disgrace

Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 4:37 pm

Look Blair just needs to fire up. He us too relaxed. We want blood. He is too soft.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 4:38 pm

happy tiger wrote:How can you rate SBW He hasn't played NRL for years and now plays in the centres

And if you saw SBW's missed tackle from his first Super 15 game that let in a try , it was so soft it was unbelieveable
When he was playing NRL he was an absolute gun. I doubt that he has gone backwards since then.

Blair doesn't appear to be anywhere near that level.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 4:39 pm

We should get Gibbs and Fifita back.....they will get us blood.

Gibbs with his two meters per hit up,or Fifita with his 180 meters per game cross field,3 meters up field.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 4:54 pm

We'tre getting childish now...always happens eh simon

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 4:56 pm

If anyone thinks Blair has showed us all he has, they are kidding themselves. He is a much better player than he has shown in the last two weeks.

If the last two weeks are any guide to go by we have the two worst centres in the comp, for starters.

By the way anyone still whining about Gibbs being let go, today was just the reason he was let go. He was injured (again) and didn't play.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 5:02 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:His work rate was non-existsnt

it was the same when he was at the storm...
we didnt buy him for his work rate for crying out loud...

yawn

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 5:05 pm

Best we all decide to get back on the topic of Blair in a reasonable manner.

Im trying to decide which position he will best suit us. People say he needs to be in the 2nd row so we can value for money as he will play 80 minutes, but if he's only going to do one hit up in a half than is it really worth having him play 80? I'd rather a high quality 60-65 mins than a quiet 80.

I also hear how he needs to be out wide, and maybe the try he scored supports this view, but gee, ive seen this guy do his best work in close working in traffic. His slight sidestep, twist of the body and subtle of load can lead to so much second phase play it isnt funny, and thats what Benji needs.

Sometimes theres players that just play better with less space and Blair could be one of them. Not to mention his defence in tight would cover well for the loss of Gibbs.

I reckon Benji would prefer a hole running 2nd rower out on the left. Blair prefers to get the ball early.

I think he needs to move up front, and thats when we will get maximum value.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 5:09 pm

Play him at prop so he is forced to earn his money

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 5:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:We'tre getting childish now...always happens eh simon

I should know better.

Re Blair,we have plenty of guys who can whack it up the guts.

I wanna see more of Blairs offloads/skills.

I'm happy where he is.

It is only two games in.

PS..... He did score a cracker of a try

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 5:18 pm

king sirro wrote:Best we all decide to get back on the topic of Blair in a reasonable manner.

Im trying to decide which position he will best suit us. People say he needs to be in the 2nd row so we can value for money as he will play 80 minutes, but if he's only going to do one hit up in a half than is it really worth having him play 80? I'd rather a high quality 60-65 mins than a quiet 80.

I also hear how he needs to be out wide, and maybe the try he scored supports this view, but gee, ive seen this guy do his best work in close working in traffic. His slight sidestep, twist of the body and subtle of load can lead to so much second phase play it isnt funny, and thats what Benji needs.

Sometimes theres players that just play better with less space and Blair could be one of them. Not to mention his defence in tight would cover well for the loss of Gibbs.

I reckon Benji would prefer a hole running 2nd rower out on the left. Blair prefers to get the ball early.

If we are going to play him tight Heighno would have to go to the bench for mine.

Fulton offers alot but, like he did against Manly he can be utterly innefectual due to size in attack.

Would love to see Moors start in that right hand slot with Ellis (when he returns) back to the left where he is the most likely to work consistently well with Marshall and Lawrence.

Fulton as the bench utility come forward and two props

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 5:24 pm

smeghead wrote:
king sirro wrote:Best we all decide to get back on the topic of Blair in a reasonable manner.

If we are going to play him tight Heighno would have to go to the bench for mine.

Fulton offers alot but, like he did against Manly he can be utterly innefectual due to size in attack.

Would love to see Moors start in that right hand slot with Ellis (when he returns) back to the left where he is the most likely to work consistently well with Marshall and Lawrence.

Fulton as the bench utility come forward and two props
Yeh thats the other option i considered. But i just think at this stage it would be harsh on Heighno. He's playing fine and Galloway is out up front. But i can certainly see when everyone is on deck Blair playing 13 and working his offloads in tight with the more damaging runners in Ellis, Moors, BMM outwide.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 5:28 pm

Yeah I find it hard to say that about Heighno.

Its amazing how much more effective his game is with Farah able to step out a bit at DH now his groin is not as bad

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 8:19 pm

If Blair has another poor game against the Dragons, what next?