ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
tiger4ever

Re: Adam Blair

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 1:44 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:He has been very poor. Lets be honest. I too think he has to play front row. Obviously keep him involved in the set plays etc.
But losing Gibbs and Fifita has been a massive blunder.
Blair's work rate was never anywhere near as good as Gibbs.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Blair wasnt bought to replace Gibbs :crazy

let him have his normal whinge tiger....lol

The guys played 2 games with us ...he hasn't settled in yet....yes he made 6 miss tackles but he did do a 1 on 1 steal in the 2nd half....scored a try....and even though he was well marked he looked dangerous when he had a bit of room to work with...

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 2:40 pm

We paid too much for him...IMO....not worth anything over $280k...he just goes missing during the game....If Blair is worth $500k, Ellis is worth $1M...Ellis is a far better footballer than Blair!

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 3:09 pm

I find it amusing that some of us can be so contradicting.

In one thread we can say "the teams just a bit rusty, nothing to get worried about, it will take a few weeks to get into form" regarding our team (guys who have played together for 3, 4 or even 5 years), which is all true and I have no problems with.

But when it comes to Blair- a guy who has only ever known the very structured and tactical side that is Melbourne but now finds himself in a side thats strengths are flair, ad-lib and unconventional methods of footy - we expect the world of him from the moment the season kicks off.

It's almost as if we've forgotten he had an off season and may have a few details of his game that need refining to fit into our teams structure.

I for one, think he had a great individual game last night and would be doing exactly when Sheens has asked of him. Yes, he still has room to improve but I only see that in the areas where the rest of our side needs them too.

So I say, it's nothing to get worried about, he will hit his straps and it will be great.

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 6:40 pm

This is stupid the dude was the first there on each kick chase he defended excellent and always slows the play down. Wow just wow

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 6:54 pm

Exactly Hodgo. He is a class player and will be a star for us.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 6:58 pm

Give him 4-6 weeks to fit into our style of footy and he will be one of our best by seasons end

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 7:01 pm

4 / 6 weeks he will be fine , man of match awards await him

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 8:42 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:lol here we go
x 2...

claws

Post by claws » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:19 pm

I love the way he doesn't panic in situations. For example, when he fell off the tackle or the unselfishness in Reddy's try. AB did not risk the fumble, after determining the speed and bounce of the ball. He unselfishly let it roll for Reddy to score and congratulated him laughing his head off. I will never forget when Fafita bumped him off and Blair just cruised 40m across field in tow and punched the ball from behind out of Fafita's arm to Billy Slater. This guy is an intelligent footballer that makes the game look easy. He is a smart operator. Keep up the good work AB.

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:32 pm

claws wrote:I love the way he doesn't panic in situations. For example, when he fell off the tackle or the unselfishness in Reddy's try. AB did not risk the fumble, after determining the speed and bounce of the ball. He unselfishly let it roll for Reddy to score and congratulated him laughing his head off. I will never forget when Fafita bumped him off and Blair just cruised 40m across field in tow and punched the ball from behind out of Fafita's arm to Billy Slater. This guy is an intelligent footballer that makes the game look easy. He is a smart operator. Keep up the good work AB.
X 2 claws. Great post.

Ice-Tiger

Post by Ice-Tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:49 pm

tiger91 wrote:
claws wrote:I love the way he doesn't panic in situations. For example, when he fell off the tackle or the unselfishness in Reddy's try. AB did not risk the fumble, after determining the speed and bounce of the ball. He unselfishly let it roll for Reddy to score and congratulated him laughing his head off. I will never forget when Fafita bumped him off and Blair just cruised 40m across field in tow and punched the ball from behind out of Fafita's arm to Billy Slater. This guy is an intelligent footballer that makes the game look easy. He is a smart operator. Keep up the good work AB.
X 2 claws. Great post.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 8:14 am

alexaki wrote:If Blair is worth $500k, Ellis is worth $1M...Ellis is a far better footballer than Blair!
Yep. It doesn't even appear to be close does it.

I don't mind Blair - I think he might go alright with us but he isn't in the top level of players in his position. $BW, Gallan, Ellis, Thaiday etc all appear better than him. He is in the 2nd tier of players. He does have a great play the ball, I think his defence is pretty solid and his attack is good as well. He just isn't a top tier backrower.

Good player who will fit in well at the club but I think we paid overs.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 10:15 am

I thought Blair had a good game & is only going to get better, but remember we have to bag the bloke until he scores 3 tries & makes50 tackles. Remember Gibbs & Fifita have gone lets support the players & team we have now.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 10:28 am

hellman wrote:
alexaki wrote:If Blair is worth $500k, Ellis is worth $1M...Ellis is a far better footballer than Blair!
Yep. It doesn't even appear to be close does it.

I don't mind Blair - I think he might go alright with us but he isn't in the top level of players in his position. $BW, Gallan, Ellis, Thaiday etc all appear better than him. He is in the 2nd tier of players. He does have a great play the ball, I think his defence is pretty solid and his attack is good as well. He just isn't a top tier backrower.

Good player who will fit in well at the club but I think we paid overs.
How can you rate SBW He hasn't played NRL for years and now plays in the centres

And if you saw SBW's missed tackle from his first Super 15 game that let in a try , it was so soft it was unbelieveable

genoshan

Post by genoshan » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 11:43 am

He didn't stand out to me as bad, nor did he stand out as great. I think our centres are still poor this year to date.

Side note : I have $5 on blair 1st try and $5 on Reddy for last try scorer. I only got 1 of these up the whole of last season ...

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 1:53 pm

blair had 1 hit up in the second half.and that was the 78th minute.
it's bad enough you miss ellis for pretty much the entire 2nd half,but his backrow partner to go totally missing is terrible.
the 2 other times he touched the ball the backline movement stalled with him.

he took a total of 1 hitup inside our 40 in the first half and dce and lyon drove him back.

and now lawrence is just a battering ram.
absolutely brilliant.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 3:55 pm

Watched the replay this morning for a third time.

Blair was very poor.

VERY VERY POOR.

Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 3:58 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Watched the replay this morning for a third time.

Blair was very poor.

VERY VERY POOR.

Yeah And blokes like Lockyer ,Johns ,Langer ,Lewis never had bad games either Bug Even I had a bad game once (a week)