ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
happy tiger

Re: Adam Blair

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:14 am

Bon , talk to any forward in the NRL and they will tell you the same thing

These things can happen , all it takes is dummy half or first reciever to decide to hit another runner ,go inside ,take the line on etc If they only play the right side a few dozen times in a half this is entirely possible that a forward may only touch the ball once or twice in a half especiallly a second rower when we are trying to play tight

The other thing you haven't taken into account which is also a possibility is maybe this was ploy of Sheens to try and create more space and room for the outside backs to only use Blair as a decoy Makes some sense after we scored a try using Blair , suck the defenders in to double team Blair and create room for Lawrence ...

If you are suggesting that Blair was scared after getting smashed you are kidding yourself Blair likes it down and dirty
Last edited by happy tiger on Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:16 am

happy tiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Goose wrote:Blair was fine.
I certainly would not be moving him from the edge. I actually think he would be better suited to the right side, but small thing.
I thought the props all played well, and it is there job along with the wingers and Heino to whack up through the middle, Ellis and Blair to attack the fringes. Blair did score a try doing just this.

INteresting, that 2 fan favourites (Ellis and Fulton), who i think overall are outstanding, both made a heap of errors, some important and have got very little criticism.Blair, who scored a try and was otherwise quiet, with no glaring errors other than some incomplete tackles, has copped alot of flak.

At times fans lack perspective
You're right there Goose.
Looks like Blair has joined Moltzen ( and to a lesser degree Utai ) as the whipping boys.
To be brutally honest Fulton was the worst player on the field.
Our centres (again) did very little and Marshall was his usual mixed bag of genius and 'what is he doing?"
Humble made a costly error and our completion rate was terrible.
Sure Blair missed a few tackles (one more than Marshall) but he is still finding his feet .
Our team , not just him , is not firing at the moment.
Playing badly we have won a game and narrowly lost to the premiers- not the end of the world just yet.
CK Fulton is being played well out of his comfort zone by playing him off the bench
I said this in the pre season if we played Fulton off the bench that he will struggle to find his feet in this role , but to be honest Fulton looks like he has lost a yard of pace One particular run v Cronulla when he slips back inside and almost got through I was amazed I was sure he would score
Not bagging him Happy - just pointing out he had a shocker (a rare one) alongside a number of others but only a few players get all the mud thrown at them.
Maybe he is struggling to get moving coming off the bench -he's too good a player to perform like that again in a hurry.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:25 am

My prediction is that unless Blair makes 40+ tackles and 200+ metres per game he will cop it because of his high price tag and the hype that came with his signing.

I will wait at least another month to judge him. He hasn't been great but the team has hardly performed elsewhere and if you want to judge players after two rounds then we have the worst centres in the comp, just as an example.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:56 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:My prediction is that unless Blair makes 40+ tackles and 200+ metres per game he will cop it because of his high price tag and the hype that came with his signing.

I will wait at least another month to judge him. He hasn't been great but the team has hardly performed elsewhere and if you want to judge players after two rounds then we have the worst centres in the comp, just as an example.
agree on all points.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 11:54 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:My prediction is that unless Blair makes 40+ tackles and 200+ metres per game he will cop it because of his high price tag and the hype that came with his signing.

enough of the bs.
it's a game day topic.
where we discuss the performance of players on game day.

which i have done.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 12:13 pm

bonstonker wrote:

enough of the bs.
it's a game day topic.

which i have done.
How would you compare his game to Fultons then?
I think the point is that everyone's got an opinion but some players get cut a little more slack than others.
Others need to over perform to get the slightest bit of praise.
Tell me it ain't true... ;)

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 12:32 pm

cktiger wrote:
bonstonker wrote:

enough of the bs.
it's a game day topic.

which i have done.
I think the point is that everyone's got an opinion but some players get cut a little more slack than others.
fulton had a poor game.
but this thread isn't about fulton.
why do we have to have a go at another player ?

i judge players game by game in game day threads.
i wish others would do the same.

i stated previously i didn't see what the fuss was about bmm.
after the game i went straight to the bmm thread to say it was his best game by a mile.

i have no problem praising players for good games and pointing out their bad games.

when blair has a game that i think is good,i will give him his due praise.
i've always been this way.

i'm not someone who likes to move the goal posts because of previous views i have had on a player.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 12:34 pm

bonstonker wrote:

enough of the bs.
it's a game day topic.

which i have done.
I think describing his performance as "disgraceful" is a bit over the top.

There is no bs. Blair will be scrutinised more than others due to his price tag.

He already starts on the back foot as many have already made up their mind that he will be a waste of money and will do anything to justify that opinion. And please do note I am NOT referring to you.

Cos_Borg

Post by Cos_Borg » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 1:01 pm

Ive noticed on this forum that when ever we buy a new player with big raps he has to save the planet before he is excepted by all. All new players take a while to adjust. Look at Fifita, how many sharks fans are clapping about his game so far? Has sandow been brilliant for parra? We need to give him a bit of time, we tend to focus toooooo much on new players toooooo early. Go Tigers!!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 1:06 pm

Cos_Borg wrote:Ive noticed on this forum that when ever we buy a new player with big raps he has to save the planet before he is excepted by all. All new players take a while to adjust. Look at Fifita, how many sharks fans are clapping about his game so far? Has sandow been brilliant for parra? We need to give him a bit of time, we tend to focus toooooo much on new players toooooo early. Go Tigers!!!
Cos Not trying to offend anyone with this comment (I'm a Catholic myself) but Sandow will need the Father,Son and the Holy Ghost outside him this season to have any effect

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 1:11 pm

cktiger wrote:
bonstonker wrote:

enough of the bs.
it's a game day topic.

which i have done.
100% true

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 1:15 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
bonstonker wrote:

enough of the bs.
it's a game day topic.

which i have done.
I think describing his performance as "disgraceful" is a bit over the top.

There is no bs. Blair will be scrutinised more than others due to his price tag.

He already starts on the back foot as many have already made up their mind that he will be a waste of money and will do anything to justify that opinion. And please do note I am NOT referring to you.
and he starts on the front foot with many because of his reputation and vice captaincy of the kiwis.
there was talk last week at how dominate his tackles were.i have edited every attempted tackle he has made so far.
and this wasn't the case.
prime example of a perception over reality.

it goes both ways.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 1:40 pm

what i will add is that there is a fairly large difference to his performance once we cross the first 30mins .

depending on the next few weeks to allow for more gametime fitness,some consideration on him having a spell for 15-20 mins if this trend continues should be explored.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 1:47 pm

If any forwards performance should be questioned in the opening 2 rounds it's Ellis. He makes some glaring missed tackles every week, and I'm not talking about just this year it's a regular accurance. He makes up for it in other ways but his defense is widely over-rated

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 4:48 pm

James Grahams an international forward like Blair.
James Grahams at a new club side like Blair.
He seems to have fitted in effortlessly, theyre singing his praises....he was awesome in rd 1, not as noticeable the other night but the Dogs were all over the Dragons.
Ive heard Sheens say once already he's ''finding his feet'...he needs to look harder.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 4:54 pm

innsaneink wrote:James Grahams an international forward like Blair.
James Grahams at a new club side like Blair.
He seems to have fitted in effortlessly, theyre singing his praises....he was awesome in rd 1, not as noticeable the other night but the Dogs were all over the Dragons.
Ive heard Sheens say once already he's ''finding his feet'...he needs to look harder.
Didn't see the first game Ink but Graham didn't do too much in a dominant team against the Dragons - apart from look tired and give away some penalties.
Saying that I think they will both turn out to be good buys given a little time ( maybe this week for us?)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 4:59 pm

Graham ran 111m and made 24 tackles, missed 2 in 52 mins...he's a pom aclimatising
Blair ran 52 m, made 23 tackles and missed 6 in 80 mins

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 5:20 pm

innsaneink wrote:Graham ran 111m and made 24 tackles, missed 2 in 52 mins...he's a pom aclimatising
Blair ran 52 m, made 23 tackles and missed 6 in 80 mins
You can't use that Ink - the Dragons were hopeless and we were playing a team in top form.
My grandmother could have run over a 100m against the Dragons in that game. ;)